More male ABs than female???

Girlowl said:
Honestly, I feel like the men drive the women away. When I first came about every guy I talked to was weird and creepy...
They do. And you can say "disgustingly horny"...it's alright. Many of them are. It's creepy.

Reactions: FlowerGirl and ShyBoo81
BobbiSueEllen said:
They do. And you can say "disgustingly horny"...it's alright. Many of them are. It's creepy.
Lol I was trying to be nice 😂. But yes, that. I feel like a lot of us *want* to talk about it, but these "open" guys make everything so unbearable. I don't think it has anything to do with girls being taught to be reserved. I mean, this is in the kink community. However, that doesn't mean we want to be bombarded with crotch pics and listen to all your sex fantasies in the second message. It's like they don't know how to hold a conversation I less it's about sex or diapers and then wonder why women don't talk or make our presence obvious. It's part of why I left the first time.

• Love
Reactions: ShyBoo81, PuppyMouseMikki and BobbiSueEllen
Girlowl said:
Lol I was trying to be nice 😂. But yes, that. I feel like a lot of us *want* to talk about it, but these "open" guys make everything so unbearable. I don't think it has anything to do with girls being taught to be reserved. I mean, this is in the kink community. However, that doesn't mean we want to be bombarded with crotch pics and listen to all your sex fantasies in the second message. It's like they don't know how to hold a conversation I less it's about sex or diapers and then wonder why women don't talk or make our presence obvious. It's part of why I left the first time.
Imagine that 99% of even vanilla gay guys are like that. They’re interested only when there is still a possibility of sexual intercourse. When that possibility is taken away - the conversation is essentially over.

Not to mention that unless you look like Men Health cover page or a stereotypical male and you look for sex (“fun”), you get next to zero attention so yeah…

I try to treasure abdl people who are able to hold a conversation about something else, but it’s hard. This kind of chats are hard to come by and unless you keep them alive, they just come and go. I think that I’ve chatted maybe with only 2 girls in my whole time as abdl online. It was nice and yes. Your needs and expectations vary greatly from guys. But since I don’t really look for a female partner, me knowing how to behave doesn’t really change all that much :(. I mean, after my bad experiences with guys, I don’t really want to be labeled as gay either xD. My gender identity is not male anyway.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ShyBoo81 and CheekyCharlie
PuppyMouseMikki said:
Imagine that 99% of even vanilla gay guys are like that. They’re interested only when there is still a possibility of sexual intercourse. When that possibility is taken away - the conversation is essentially over.

Not to mention that unless you look like Men Health cover page or a stereotypical male and you look for sex (“fun”), you get next to zero attention so yeah…

I try to treasure abdl people who are able to hold a conversation about something else, but it’s hard. This kind of chats are hard to come by and unless you keep them alive, they just come and go. I think that I’ve chatted maybe with only 2 girls in my whole time as abdl online. It was nice and yes. Your needs and expectations vary greatly from guys. But since I don’t really look for a female partner, me knowing how to behave doesn’t really change all that much :(. I mean, after my bad experiences with guys, I don’t really want to be labeled as gay either xD. My gender identity is not male anyway.
So basically, men are the problem per usual 😂.

Hear that guys? Y'all want more women and partners in this kink and lifestyle, stop being weird and creepy! 😂 As a woman, I've revealed more to someone that can talk to me like a human, than to a guy telling me he's wetting himself in the third message 🙄😒

Last edited:
Reactions: lilstevie56, lilbabyjooce, ShyBoo81 and 2 others
Girlowl said:
Honestly, I feel like the men drive the women away. When I first came about every guy I talked to was weird and creepy.
I recently experienced this but with the genders reversed. I DM’ed this girl on Adisc who wanted to chat with me because I openly admitted some of the stuff she posted was hot (That was my BIG mistake 😥) After chatting for a bit, I got super uncomfortable because she was being way too kinky with every reply. I stopped chatting shortly after because she genuinely creeped out 😬

She’s not bad person, I just dont think we make good friends because Im not openly sexual as she is. This was my fault for starting the conversation to begin with. I definitely learned a lesson here, and I’ll never again DM someone based solely on a kink

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
KarmaBaby said:
but I talk som is that girls ARE allowed to be childish and little like in their normal lives - cute clothes, acting younger, stuffie s, toys, watching cartoons etc are all accepted as normal behaviour. So maybe more are fine with being little without diapers than guys?
Totally agree. Im lucky that I can sometimes get away with liking cute childish stuff as a guy. Usually its enough to make me feel little, thats why I only wear a diaper sometimes

I have always been interested in questions such as the one this thread asks. As a student of psychology, here are my two shekels worth:

In case anyone is interested in approaching this question from a scientific perspective, a pier reviewed article published in 2014 in the online journals at Sagepub.com entitled Paraphilic Interests: An Examination of Sex Differences in a Nonclinical Sample made the following assessment in their Abstract and Conclusion (see indented sections below). I don't agree with everything they published but I cannot deny the underlying concluding implications of the study and the scientific approach that they took in order to arrive at their findings. Indeed, several explanations for the sex difference in paraphilias have been offered (e.g., reporting bias, susceptibility to prenatal stressors), but few have been tested empirically. The aims of this study were to (a) explore the prevalence of paraphilic interests in a nonclinical and nonforensic sample of men and women, (b) examine further the presence and size of the sex difference, and (c) test explanations for the observed sex difference by examining whether the hypothesized factors mediate the sex difference in self-reported arousal to various paraphilic acts.

TLDR: Using mediation analysis, sex drive was the only correlate to significantly and fully mediate the sex difference in paraphilic interests. In other words, sex drive fully accounted for the sex difference in paraphilic interests... These findings also point toward the role of sex drive in the development of paraphilic interests in both women and men.

Definition of Terms: A paraphilic interest is generally defined as a sexual interest in an atypical target (e.g., articles of clothing, children) or activity (e.g., hurting a partner, looking at an unsuspecting person); when this interest becomes long-standing, persistent, and necessary for sexual enjoyment, it is considered a paraphilia (e.g., fetishism, pedophilia, sadism, voyeurism). When the paraphilia results in significant distress or impairment of functioning, it is considered a paraphilic disorder (American Psychiatric Association, 2013). The inclusion of diapers and baby-related materials into ABDL interests and activities generally qualifies those who actively participate in the ABDL community as possessing paraphilic interests.

"Little research has been conducted to examine paraphilic sexual interests in nonclinical samples. The little that exists suggests that atypical sexual interests are more common in men than in women, but the reasons for this difference are unknown. In this study, we explored the prevalence of paraphilic interests in a nonclinical sample of men and women. We expected that men would report greater arousal (or less repulsion) toward various paraphilic acts than women. We also examined putative correlates of paraphilias in an attempt to explain the sex difference. In all, 305 men and 710 women completed an online survey assessing sexual experiences, sexual interests, as well as indicators of neurodevelopmental stress, sex drive, mating effort, impulsivity, masculinity/femininity, and socially desirable responding. As expected, significant sex differences were found, with men reporting significantly less repulsion (or more arousal) to the majority of paraphilic acts than women. Using mediation analysis, sex drive was the only correlate to significantly and fully mediate the sex difference in paraphilic interests. In other words, sex drive fully accounted for the sex difference in paraphilic interests."

Their conclusion was,

"Our results suggest a reliable and substantial sex difference in paraphilic interests, such that men report less repulsion to a variety of paraphilic acts than do women, and more men than women report being actually aroused by particular paraphilic activities. This study extends findings from clinical and forensic studies of paraphilias, providing evidence of relative prevalence and comorbidity for both sexes. The reported effect sizes for the sex difference suggest that the difference in paraphilias is real and important. Controlling for social desirability did not attenuate the sex difference in arousal, which eliminates this type of report bias as an explanation for why men report greater interest in paraphilias than women. These findings also point toward the role of sex drive in the development of paraphilic interests in both women and men. Future research is needed to better understand the role of other aspects of sexuality, for instance, general sexual inhibition and excitation, on the development of paraphilic interests."

This was not the only study I researched. I simply posted their findings here because they essentially represent what a number of other researches in this field of study have also reported.

Reactions: Deleted member 56273
Girlowl said:
Honestly, I feel like the men drive the women away. When I first came about every guy I talked to was weird and creepy. Same consensus with the girls I was friends with. It's like you don't even want to meet people or put yourself out there.
I'll grant you that.

70sPampers said:
I have always been interested in questions such as the one this thread asks. As a student of psychology, here are my two shekels worth:

In case anyone is interested in approaching this question from a scientific perspective, a pier reviewed article published in 2014 in the online journals at Sagepub.com entitled Paraphilic Interests: An Examination of Sex Differences in a Nonclinical Sample made the following assessment in their Abstract and Conclusion (see indented sections below). I don't agree with everything they published but I cannot deny the underlying concluding implications of the study and the scientific approach that they took in order to arrive at their findings. Indeed, several explanations for the sex difference in paraphilias have been offered (e.g., reporting bias, susceptibility to prenatal stressors), but few have been tested empirically. The aims of this study were to (a) explore the prevalence of paraphilic interests in a nonclinical and nonforensic sample of men and women, (b) examine further the presence and size of the sex difference, and (c) test explanations for the observed sex difference by examining whether the hypothesized factors mediate the sex difference in self-reported arousal to various paraphilic acts.

TLDR: Using mediation analysis, sex drive was the only correlate to significantly and fully mediate the sex difference in paraphilic interests. In other words, sex drive fully accounted for the sex difference in paraphilic interests... These findings also point toward the role of sex drive in the development of paraphilic interests in both women and men.

Definition of Terms: A paraphilic interest is generally defined as a sexual interest in an atypical target (e.g., articles of clothing, children) or activity (e.g., hurting a partner, looking at an unsuspecting person); when this interest becomes long-standing, persistent, and necessary for sexual enjoyment, it is considered a paraphilia (e.g., fetishism, pedophilia, sadism, voyeurism). When the paraphilia results in significant distress or impairment of functioning, it is considered a paraphilic disorder (American Psychiatric Association, 2013). The inclusion of diapers and baby-related materials into ABDL interests and activities generally qualifies those who actively participate in the ABDL community as possessing paraphilic interests.

"Little research has been conducted to examine paraphilic sexual interests in nonclinical samples. The little that exists suggests that atypical sexual interests are more common in men than in women, but the reasons for this difference are unknown. In this study, we explored the prevalence of paraphilic interests in a nonclinical sample of men and women. We expected that men would report greater arousal (or less repulsion) toward various paraphilic acts than women. We also examined putative correlates of paraphilias in an attempt to explain the sex difference. In all, 305 men and 710 women completed an online survey assessing sexual experiences, sexual interests, as well as indicators of neurodevelopmental stress, sex drive, mating effort, impulsivity, masculinity/femininity, and socially desirable responding. As expected, significant sex differences were found, with men reporting significantly less repulsion (or more arousal) to the majority of paraphilic acts than women. Using mediation analysis, sex drive was the only correlate to significantly and fully mediate the sex difference in paraphilic interests. In other words, sex drive fully accounted for the sex difference in paraphilic interests."

Their conclusion was,

"Our results suggest a reliable and substantial sex difference in paraphilic interests, such that men report less repulsion to a variety of paraphilic acts than do women, and more men than women report being actually aroused by particular paraphilic activities. This study extends findings from clinical and forensic studies of paraphilias, providing evidence of relative prevalence and comorbidity for both sexes. The reported effect sizes for the sex difference suggest that the difference in paraphilias is real and important. Controlling for social desirability did not attenuate the sex difference in arousal, which eliminates this type of report bias as an explanation for why men report greater interest in paraphilias than women. These findings also point toward the role of sex drive in the development of paraphilic interests in both women and men. Future research is needed to better understand the role of other aspects of sexuality, for instance, general sexual inhibition and excitation, on the development of paraphilic interests."

This was not the only study I researched. I simply posted their findings here because they essentially represent what a number of other researches in this field of study have also reported.
Just seeing this now …. What about the people do are in ABDL and are interested in it NON SEXUALITY. Im a female that likes it all but I think I’m asexual …. Sex to me is disgusting and I will be fine if I never experience it. A foot or shoulder/back rub feels just as good as rubbing anywhere else. It’s the comfort, safety and calm simplicity that draws me to it. Toddlers don’t have to have things together, they can express emotions when they get them and can scream and cry without it being wrong. No worry about future, bills, they just get to play.

but yes - the second you say you are female , you get messages from guys that want to send you diaper pictures. But interesting everyone is petty and selfish because the SECOND I posted I had issues with excessive facial hair (and NOT trans, biologically female) … I have not had a single message back. Even from the two guys I was talking to and seemed nice. So everyone only cares if you are a tiny, pretty female that will send diaper pics and have diaper sex with (because apparently I would love sex if it was with the right person). This site still helps me figure out and accept the desires but nope … so far everyone is not people I want in my circle. i want friends that happen to like diapers, to do and talk about other things and the odd diaper conservation or pretend play we are younger …. But no sexual stuff. Apparently I’m the very minority so I will be single playing for my life I guess. Oh well … me And my tiger socks are going back to colouring.

• Love
I agree with a lot that was said here. As a woman in ABDL it is not always pleasant. Either someone is trying to demand to be your daddy like you’re some kind of plaything or someone is trying to force you to be their “mommy” or “playmate,” sending all of the unsolicited stuff. 🤢🤢 I have had an overall pleasant experience on ADISC but even here I have had my share of unwanted pics, messages and comments. It just gets so exhausting to put up with.
On another note, I didn’t see this mentioned but as there is the expectation of men to be manly, there is simultaneously the expectation of women to be motherly and nurturing. Me as a little being the one who needs to be nurtured and cared for goes against the view that a woman has to care and tend to their spouses, their children etc. Women also are frequently infantilized (stereotypes of women being stupid, weak, emotional, needy, etc) yet also are expected to be more mature than men (“boys will be boys!”) All of these messages are both harmful and contradict one another, but ultimately set women into weird, rigid societal standards that are difficult to unpack because of how confusing and nonsensical they are.
In my household when I was a child, as one of the daughters of the house I was responsible for cleaning up after the males both literally and figuratively (and other domestic tasks), letting them have their outbursts, and even raising/protecting them myself as my childhood also was abusive and I experienced parentification with both my older and younger brother due to my parents abuse. If my sister and I ever showed any emotion out of line we were demonized unlike the men who could get angry and scream and break things, but anger is for men and therefore it’s not really an emotion, right? I was expected to have this emotional maturity that my parents lacked but my brothers never had that same expectation put on them. As an adult I’m still shamed by my mother for never wanting children and not being ladylike or warm enough like a woman should.
It’s the ultimate escape for me in turn to then be little and escape all of these expectations, and be shamelessly helpless and in need of caring. I imagine though for a lot of women this kind of mindset being placed on them isn’t so easy to shake, and these cycles just continue because this is what we’re taught as women that we should do.
Ultimately gender roles suck and cause more harm than good. And probably contributes to this gender gap in a pretty similar yet also pretty different way to women as it does with men.

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, lilstevie56 and Rakvirsza
KarmaBaby said:
What about the people do are in ABDL and are interested in it NON SEXUALITY. Im a female that likes it all but I think I’m asexual
Scientifically speaking, in any given sample of participants, as long as the sample is large enough, you are ALWAYS going to have a bell curve representing those in the mean/median (the majority/norm or middle group) and those in the tails (minority or those on the fringes). This is to be expected, so I am not surprised by your statement about being asexual as an ABDL. Of course there MUST be many asexual ABDL individuals out there. The study simply demonstrated that such individuals are not the majority, just like women do not make up the majority of ABDLs either. There is nothing "right" or "wrong"about either of these two facts. These are just details that needn't be too upsetting to any particular individual since the facts are not meant to negatively provoke any particular participant group or ostracize anyone for being different/unique.

I hope my previous post did not offend you are anyone on this forum...

Reactions: KarmaBaby3, BobbiSueEllen and Deleted member 56273
Because its a sad fact of reality.

Back