More male ABs than female???

Role
  1. Carer
Is it just me, or are there more Little Boys than Little Girls in the AB world?? Any theories behind this?!

Reactions: EccentricC and BobbiSueEllen
I think it might be because men are expected to be tough and all that crap. But men need a break too, not to mention they arent all manly. So I think maybe it has something to do with that. Or diapers and baby things feel better to them since they didn't get to be babies for as long before they were expected to grow up. I'm a girl, so I can't really say but that is what I think it is for boys.

Reactions: Jk95, EccentricC, Deleted member 57387 and 4 others
What I live about it is that many guys love being little girls in diapers. A nice offset. 🥰🎀👧🤗🥳

Reactions: Jk95, Deleted member 57387, Bellaslittle and 5 others
I believe it’s mainly to do with mens bits being external and the feeling of a padded crouch…..that and men never want to grow up 😆

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: Jk95, Deleted member 57387, PaciBabyGirl and 2 others
Ive heard of more males being DL while more females being AB, but I could be wrong 🤔

Reactions: Deleted member 61864, Deleted member 57387, PaciBabyGirl and 1 other person
PartyPanda1015 said:
I think it might be because men are expected to be tough and all that crap. But men need a break too, not to mention they arent all manly. So I think maybe it has something to do with that. Or diapers and baby things feel better to them since they didn't get to be babies for as long before they were expected to grow up. I'm a girl, so I can't really say but that is what I think it is for boys.
Ooh, brilliant theory!!! I reckon this too!!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and sinceiwassmall
In my own personal experience, I've found that the ratio is very different between the internet and real life. Online AB/DL communities always tend to be dominated by very vocal and visual males (often to a detriment), whereas every munch or convention I've attended has been pretty much equal between men and women, plus women often make up a prominent percentage of AB/DL artists and business owners (the ones I follow, at least).

Like what ShyBoo81 said, sometimes it does seem like there's a gender gap when it comes to AB vs. DL, but I don't have any evidence to come to a particular conclusion.

Reactions: chiaochai, lilstevie56, PuppyMouseMikki and 3 others
The reality is that a lot of girls either don't come to places like this or lie and say they are males in order to not get creepy unsolicited messages. The ones who do stay and put up with all of it are troopers.

Reactions: Jk95, Rainbow and Milianna
PartyPanda1015 said:
i expect this as well, but i'd add more babyish things are accepted for girls regardless of age.
for example when i was in highscool girls would wear, pjs often usually they looked little kid-ish sometimes full on kigurumi, footed and non footed.
also. rave culture was never a thing in my small rural town we had bush parties (not that kinda bush :p )
yet there were still a few years where a few girls did the having a pacifier trend.
then theres all the "little" clothing that is just considered normal for them.

TLDR: they have more outlets for cutesy stuff whereas a guy its not socially acceptable so that kigurumi can be the gateway drug to pushing the boundary a little further, few more pushes any your in ABDL town.
whereas a girl that may have fallen down the rabbit whole of ABDL had it been more taboo might not cause it never got to that point, its just that cute or comfy part of a everyday outfit and thus doesn't warrant further exploration.

then there is also, our external organs and the fact they respond to touch, not to mention the tendency for a higher sex drive.
i never got into ABDL cause of sex but i cannot deny warm wet moistness down there can feel GOOD, even if im not in the mood for it.

so largely i think its these 3 things
men are expected to be tough and all that crap.
similarly to that girls have more socially accepted outlets for cutesy stuff without having to explore all the way to ABDL
and guys are more physically stimulated by these things in general whether they want to be or not.
so if they explore it, it tends to be one more hook into them.

i could be wrong but based on most things ive read and experienced these seem to be the keys to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: chiaochai, 70sPampers, ShyBoo81 and 1 other person
dprdypr said:
similarly to that girls have more socially accepted outlets for cutesy stuff without having to explore all the way to ABDL
You bring a good point! Besides ABDL, I cannot think of any other fandom/community where guys are free to enjoy cutesy stuff. I mean theres a few that come close, for example:
  • Theres the MLP/brony fandom that blew up in early 2010s (I used to be one myself lol 😆) But that community is based entirely on just one show. Not really something you would live as a lifestyle
  • Theres Lolita fashion. But very few males (called Brolitas) are into the fashion. And frankly Lolita is a pretty hardcore hobby to get into, like you gotta be skilled at coordinating an outfit to pull off Lolita well. Even harder if you're a guy
  • Theres the art community, specifically ones that focus on cute art styles (like moeblob for example) But that too takes alot of time/practice to get into. Not sure Im correct, but most artist I follow on social media are girls, so I assume its mostly just girls who like drawing cutesy stuff
  • Theres the Pokemon and Animal Crossing fandom?... Though this one might be a bit of stretch lol. I mean its a videogame and not really a lifestyle (unless you count endless hours of gaming as a lifestyle lol 😆)
Any other cutesy fandom/community with a decent male population that I might have missed?

• Thinking
Reactions: PuppyMouseMikki and BobbiSueEllen
From my experience running a littles group and doing littles get togethers , it`s fairly even . I see more woman that are littles but not necessarily into abdl . Seems more of the guys lean towards abdl .

Reactions: FlowerGirl and BobbiSueEllen
ShyBoo81 said:
You bring a good point! Besides ABDL, I cannot think of any other fandom/community where guys are free to enjoy cutesy stuff. I mean theres a few that come close, for example:
  • Theres the MLP/brony fandom that blew up in early 2010s (I used to be one myself lol 😆) But that community is based entirely on just one show. Not really something you would live as a lifestyle
  • Theres Lolita fashion. But very few males (called Brolitas) are into the fashion. And frankly Lolita is a pretty hardcore hobby to get into, like you gotta be skilled at coordinating an outfit to pull off Lolita well. Even harder if you're a guy
  • Theres the art community, specifically ones that focus on cute art styles (like moeblob for example) But that too takes alot of time/practice to get into. Not sure Im correct, but most artist I follow on social media are girls, so I assume its mostly just girls who like drawing cutesy stuff
  • Theres the Pokemon and Animal Crossing fandom?... Though this one might be a bit of stretch lol. I mean its a videogame and not really a lifestyle (unless you count endless hours of gaming as a lifestyle lol 😆)
Any other cutesy fandom/community with a decent male population that I might have missed?
The thing is. Men should be allowed to enjoy that stuff everywhere. And in reality? They are. It’s just a cultural background thing. People have this stereotypical image of a man being the head of a family, sporting gray facial hair and being all manly when in reality? Only some percentage of males want to be that EVER.

I don’t ask me. Since I started identifying as non-binary I look at this whole binary, heterosexual and conservative world order like at a some kind of circus play or even a museum exhibition. It’s very far from what we live in 1st world countries already.

I definitely agree that males are more prominent in online communities in general. Everyone should feel welcomed, as long as they behave nicely and tolerate others.

I kinda wish that more girls would come out here. I do understand why they don’t. I had more than enough creeps poisoning my lifetime myself ._.

• Love
Reactions: Rakvirsza, ShyBoo81 and FlowerGirl
I have often found that AMAB masc people are much more likely to be comfortable sharing it / showing it to others etc leading to the feeling that it is more masculine dominated than the true statistic.

Heya, this was posted a while ago, so I figured I'll just paste over my theories here;

I think there's a few general factors at play;

• Women are "taught" to be much more reserved with their interests and fantasies (particularly those of a sexual nature), though that notion is thankfully changing.
  • Especially online (where anonymity comes so easily), women are subject to some rather... undesirable interactions, meaning many are put off.
  • Because anonymity is so easy to achieve, the alternative - to lurk, or disguise one's gender - is often preferable.
So I think it's a lot less unbalanced than it seems - I'd guess somewhere between 20% and 30% of ABDLs are female, maybe even as many as half.

A theory of mine is that ABDL seems to have strong ties to societal expectations. A lot of the appeal of ABDLism is in feeling safe, nurtured and innocent. Generally speaking, men are expected to be less free with their emotions. They're encouraged to be strong, authoritative and independent.

I think a large aspect of ABDLism is borne out of a desire to reconnect with those lost, repressed or discouraged behaviours. And because women are able to explore those feelings openly and "normally", without fear of ridicule, they're less likely to feel that desire to engage in ABDL activities.

Just my two cents as a woman who likes to ponder such things 🤷‍♀️

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: Samantha, EccentricC, Andrewgdfw and 4 others
I've always wondered this!! I've thought about it so much and done a bit of research.

Men are far more likely to develop fetishes for some reason. If you look it up you can find articles talking about this. That might explain the gender gap.

I've also noticed that the majority of people who practice non-sexual ddlg or age regression
are women. Men make up the majority of fetishes and paraphilias, and women make up a lot of the non sexual communities.

I would also say it's more taboo for women to enjoy sex, be sex positive, or talk about their fetishes, so less women embrace their fetishes. I imagine there are a lot of women who are into ABDL but afraid to indulge.

I also agree it could be related to what other posters said previously about it being related to societies expectations of men.

Reactions: 70sPampers, FlowerGirl, ShyBoo81 and 1 other person
Because of all the messages we get asking to send us crotch shots, wanting us to move to be their babygirl, all the sex talk…… there is less here but still some. So girls read and follow but don’t actively engage.

but I talk som is that girls ARE allowed to be childish and little like in their normal lives - cute clothes, acting younger, stuffie s, toys, watching cartoons etc are all accepted as normal behaviour. So maybe more are fine with being little without diapers than guys?

but I do notice most or at least a good portion of people on omorashi forums are girls.

Reactions: CheekyCharlie, lilstevie56, PuppyMouseMikki and 2 others
FlowerGirl said:
Is it just me, or are there more Little Boys than Little Girls in the AB world?? Any theories behind this?!
I always figured this was due to Men being more open about their sexual preferences or hobbies compared to Girls. Even in non-sexual communities I generally find the most open people tend to be guys even with topics that seem traditionally Female.

• Love
Reactions: Samantha and FlowerGirl
After having a second go at this I think that… males are kinda gross :p. I mean honestly. You can check out diaper related posts anywhere and huge chunk of replies are just guys being in awe of how great their sexual organs feel while diapered. Sure they’re more “open”, but this sole fact might creep out girls. I mean… I’m not a bio girl and I’m not even transgender full stop, but try to think for a little while and change your perspective. Some guys come to places like these to talk about diaper area related topics in a dirty and stinky fashion. Sure, you don’t have to read it and you’ll not have to engage in it. If you don’t want to. But it’s very often the style which dominates the conversation and it can be gross.

I agree that lots of girls enjoy being little without wearing or without using diapers. It’s much more rare with boys. There is nothing wrong with that. Everyone should do what works for them. You don’t need to repair anyone.

As for doing it the completely asexual way - lots of male littles aim for that too. Why? Because they want and need just that or because all they get are daddies who want to breed them ._. And I can tell you - it can get very frustrating and tiring as well, getting that sort of thing all the time. There is much much more to life than having sex. Especially to your everyday life. A little who wants a nursery doesn’t want a hollow sex crazed machine as a caregiver. They need other stuff and other types of affection primarily. You don’t chat up a girl asking to sleep with her. C’mon… it’s basics.

• Love
Reactions: CheekyCharlie and ShyBoo81
PuppyMouseMikki said:
After having a second go at this I think that… males are kinda gross :p. I mean honestly. You can check out diaper related posts anywhere and huge chunk of replies are just guys being in awe of how great their sexual organs feel while diapered. Sure they’re more “open”, but this sole fact might creep out girls. I mean… I’m not a bio girl and I’m not even transgender full stop, but try to think for a little while and change your perspective. Some guys come to places like these to talk about diaper area related topics in a dirty and stinky fashion. Sure, you don’t have to read it and you’ll not have to engage in it. If you don’t want to. But it’s very often the style which dominates the conversation and it can be gross.

I agree that lots of girls enjoy being little without wearing or without using diapers. It’s much more rare with boys. There is nothing wrong with that. Everyone should do what works for them. You don’t need to repair anyone.

As for doing it the completely asexual way - lots of male littles aim for that too. Why? Because they want and need just that or because all they get are daddies who want to breed them ._. And I can tell you - it can get very frustrating and tiring as well, getting that sort of thing all the time. There is much much more to life than having sex. Especially to your everyday life. A little who wants a nursery doesn’t want a hollow sex crazed machine as a caregiver. They need other stuff and other types of affection primarily. You don’t chat up a girl asking to sleep with her. C’mon… it’s basics.
Oh uh, you calling us guys out!! Lol 🤣😲🚨

I actually agree with you there. Im a straight guy, and even I get weirded out by some of the lewd stuff people say about diapers. Yeah I’ll post a comment on something kink related once in a while, not gonna deny that haha. But theres many more non-sexual aspects of ABDL Im into that are equally as enjoyable, like the cutesy aesthetic for example ☺️

Reactions: Rakvirsza, PuppyMouseMikki and BobbiSueEllen
Honestly, I feel like the men drive the women away. When I first came about every guy I talked to was weird and creepy. Same consensus with the girls I was friends with. It's like you don't even want to meet people or put yourself out there.

It seems most of the females are now categorizing themselves under "little". Maybe it's more relatable but also a way to separate from AB

Reactions: Jk95, Andrewgdfw, PuppyMouseMikki and 3 others
Back