Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 2 guest views remaining

Morbid Obesity and Urinary Incontinence in Males

Status
Not open for further replies.

amiincon

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
I'm just wondering other peoples experiences, symptoms, treatments etc.
a lot of the Urinary Incontinence information ive found implies or focuses specifically on women.

I can speak from my own experience, and that is, I got up to 340 lbs at one point and was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. In my late 30's I began to wet the bed and I had no idea my glucose was completely out of control. Since that diagnosis in 2009, I have gotten down to my current 245 lbs, and I'm actively exercising and watching what I eat. I still wet at night about half the time.

When I was about 100 lbs heavier, I had urge incontinence during the day as well. Since I've lost weight I don't seem to have that issue as much any more. For me, the extra weight was causing me to experience urge incontinence symptoms.

If you are experiencing incontinence I can't encourage you enough to talk to your doctor and make sure you're being taken care of from a medical standpoint! I wish you nothing but the best!

For me, it has been years of type-2 diabetes (but not overweight). Urge IC is attributed to nerve damage, for which there is no cure. I wouldn't wish this upon anyone. Diabetes is threatening to take my eyesight someday among other problems.

I have had Type 2 diabetes for more than 50 years, insulin dependent since 2008. I feel fortunate to have experienced few major problems above the waist. Below the waist I have lost all ability to have an erection, I am severely urinary incontinent and have significant bowl issues, including frequent diarrhea and staining. I have serious peripheral neuropathy and loss of sensitivity in my feet. But my eyes, except for cataracts that don't yet need surgery, are in very good health. So I consider myself blessed.

• Wow
Reactions: slimjiminy, messydiaper and NappiedTruckDriver
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back