Molicare diapers

Lecktroman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Anybody else have issues with the molicare diapers splitting open in the rear?

Reactions: tschornaja, Edgewater and MaxSyd
Which style of Molicare? I have had good experiences with the blue slip maxi version.

Reactions: Edgewater
TenaciousDL said:
Which style of Molicare? I have had good experiences with the blue slip maxi version.
Plastic backed maxi

Haven't had splitting issues with it, but I've definitely had clumping issues.

I've had one ore two split in the back..
the blue plastic maxi.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater and MaxSyd
Not had that problem, but I ordered a pack when Drylife stopped supplying the Abena L4s last year. Despite a similar absorbency claim, they were less absorbent and much more leak-prone than the Abena. I think they are an old generation of plastic-backed product that hasn't kept up with the competition; Molicare themselves seem to prefer to make more cloth-backed and elasticated nappies now.

I've never had the pleasure of molicare diapers but in pictures they look like a great diaper big and strong 💪

I’ve never had an issue with the plastic backing. I actually believe their backing is the strongest and stretchiest on any diaper I’ve tried. My problem is that the color of them look too much like my dad’s boxer shorts and that just doesn’t sit right with me.😜

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and Vintage84
I wear those to bed and haven’t had problems. I’ve only worn them a few times during the day so can’t really comment on how well they hold up when I’m active.

I have that splitting problem frequently with the Plastic Backed molicare. I thought it was just me as I am a wheelchair user. The plastic feels pretty thin compared to other diapers on the market.
They are still my backup diaper when I my normal ones are out of stock.

I use to wear Molicares not to long after I found I had to wear full time.
They was a pretty descend diaper until they change them made kind of them cheaper .
I did really like the Pastel color purple back then !!!

Reactions: Diaperman95, MaxSyd and Edgewater
What ever happened to the really thick pillar purple ones? Those rivaled M4’s for a while as everyone’s favorite dip!

Reactions: Diaperman95
Str88jacketabdl said:
What ever happened to the really thick pillar purple ones? Those rivaled M4’s for a while as everyone’s favorite dip!
I miss them too. I worn them for years. It was the very first extended wear diaper I ever used. I would purchase them from a mail order company called HDIS back in 2000 or 2001. A urologist gave me a sample and it had their info to order more. I think HDIS is still around on the net but they have not kept up with the growing market. I will stick with my Mega Max as long as I can afford them.

never tried mollycare diapers before

Diaperman95 said:
I miss them too. I worn them for years. It was the very first extended wear diaper I ever used. I would purchase them from a mail order company called HDIS back in 2000 or 2001. A urologist gave me a sample and it had their info to order more. I think HDIS is still around on the net but they have not kept up with the growing market. I will stick with my Mega Max as long as I can afford them.
It seems like HDIS is overly focused on their brand, Reassure. I will give props to the Overnight Premiums, they're comparable to a NorthShore Supreme.

As for the Molicare, I have kept a kind of 'archive' box of at least one of everything I've tried, and still have the original dark purple to compare to, they definitely reduced the outer shell by 1-2 mil.

LuckyAsADuck said:
It seems like HDIS is overly focused on their brand, Reassure. I will give props to the Overnight Premiums, they're comparable to a NorthShore Supreme.

As for the Molicare, I have kept a kind of 'archive' box of at least one of everything I've tried, and still have the original dark purple to compare to, they definitely reduced the outer shell by 1-2 mil.
I have not used HDIS since 06 most likely. But they do focus on their own brand and from memory the depends back then was better than reassure. Of course the vintage depends was 100 times better than the shit today they offer. It blows my mind how a company the size of Kimberly Clark a giant in the paper product and diaper business can not come up with a extended wear product worth a damn. Maybe they figure selling a lot more of a lesser product makes them more in the long run. Same with the Hartmann company They own Molicare and they had one of the very best product ever for incontinence but instead of improving it to keep up with the very competitors it inspired they went to shit.

If you have never tried a vintage depends overnight from the late 90's you would be shocked the difference. If you have not that is! It was a solid diaper especially for the cost.

Welcome my friend, I always love to see a fellow incontinent person join the group! I hope to chat with you in the future

Reactions: LuckyAsADuck
I bought a pack of the blue plastic backed recently to compare to the tena slip super (who have changed their design for the worse). The molicare's are terrible. The absorbency is atrocious and the padding clumps and then it leaks. On top of this, the plastic cover is too thin and rips very easily. Out of a pack of 15, 5 ripped when putting them on.

You, OP, are right. Seems their manufacturing changed last year to use a thinner backsheet as well as shorter wings. Was using them for nights and with the last shipment late-2022 had many splits in the back. Ended up running a strip of packing tape across the back, wing to wing, this fixed it but was annoying and switched brands.

Experienced multiple brands of diapers splitting open in the rear, including Molicare, Attends and even BetterDry. In all cases they are PE backed which is my preference.

Found wearing a snappy/onesie helps to make the integrity of the padding last longer before finally clumping. I now rely on the security of plastic pants to catch any filling should the backing split.

So embarrassing when you don’t realise and leave a snow trail of filling throughout the house.🫢

Reactions: Neroforte
Back