Microsoft rewards is a joke now

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I have been a member with them for 5 years and I used to redeem my points without a problem. There were sometimes bugs and then they started to require a phone number to verify it's you. Then somehow the account removed my phone number on its own and now I can't re add it so that means I can't redeem my points anymore.

I was checking around online and apparently if you remove your phone number, you can't re add it. But I never removed my number, it somehow did it on its own. I wonder if this is their way of banning users now. I hope they can fix it and if not, I will just leave them a bad review and warn other users about it so they won't waste their time with them and I will just delete the app off my phone and never use the website again. No point in earning if I can't redeem them because there is no other way to verify I am the user because it won't use email for you to verify and put in a code.

I discovered my computer uses a VPN automatically, so I turned it off. I wonder if me using my phone number on another account when I had to create a MS account for my kids so they can play Minecraft triggered it or me not using my real name online triggered my phone number removal. I hear MS has been banning users for using a VPN or for traveling or for not using their real name. I wonder if them removing your number is a way to ban you without actually banning you. I also have used my phone too for MS rewards so I wonder if that triggered my phone number removal. If this is the case, this is a joke then because this is a way to ban innocent users and screw them. If they can't fix it on their end, I am saying bye bye to MS rewards and warning everyone. I will even post it on BBB too and on any complaint boards about them.

This is what I got back from them and what a joke. So I left them my feedback and then said at the end how I will leave them bad reviews all over if they do not resolve this because this security thing is ridiculous and I am not able to redeem my points. I had my phone number on there and it got removed without my approval. Asking me to use my neighbor's or a family member or a friend, but it asks for a security code when I redeem so what happens when I don't have that phone with me right now? Do they allow the same phone number for multiple MS accounts?

Hi,

We understand you are contacting us because you are getting an error upon redeeming in Microsoft Rewards. After conducting a thorough review, the possible reasons why you received an error may include the following:

• The use of Voice over IP (VoIP) numbers. In order to redeem your points, you will need to provide a working non-VoIP phone number. This requirement is outlined in the Microsoft Services Agreement. We do not require the mobile phone or non-VoIP landline to be yours. If you do not personally own a mobile or non-VOIP number, you can use a family members', a friends', or neighbors' phone for this purpose. We do not share phone numbers with third party companies nor use it to contact you.
  • Redeeming an item from a market outside of your current location, which violates our program policy. The availability of offers and rewards may vary depending on your account, region, or market. Therefore, it is essential to ensure that you are selecting rewards that are designated for your particular market.

We hope this information clarifies the situation. We do understand this process may cause some inconvenience, but the account verification process assures the integrity of the program. Finally, please be informed that this case will be closed and we are unable to provide any additional support in this area. If you have any concerns regarding your Microsoft Rewards account, kindly open a new case.

• Sad
Reactions: gmate1713
Back