mice

EagleBoy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What is the best way of getting rid of mice? I have Victor pestchaser rodent repeller (plug-ins) and I have those glue traps sitting near the site where I see the mouse droppings.

I would like to start cleaning up a little but I'm afraid too cause I might stir up something

First of all glue traps are cruel. Either use snap traps or live capture traps. Another option is a pellet gun fitted with a thermal night scope. Honestly though unless you plan on killing them yourself once they are caught I wouldn't use glue traps.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Make sure traps are against walls not in the open
mice run against walls
also if you mix electric and snap traps etc you might be repelling them from the traps

if cleaning mice droppings etc
make sure to wear proper fitting PPE

Reactions: Jonnythepony, MegaLugia, Jorelaxed and 1 other person
SparkyDog said:
One word: hantavirus. It can kill. Rick Yemm on Ice Road Truckers had mice in his truck cab at one point, they left a buttload of droppings that he knew nothing about...his respiratory system developed trouble, he ended up in the clinic, they diagnosed it as hantavirus. They got Rick on meds, fixed him; they deep-cleaned his rig, it was bad. Not sure if it was Rick's jerk friend 'Polar Bear' or someone else who leased him the truck.

Oh...and if you use live traps, take the mice at least 2 miles away to drop 'em out. Yes, they can find their ways back.

Last edited:
SparkyDog said:
Make sure traps are against walls not in the open
mice run against walls
also if you mix electric and snap traps etc you might be repelling them from the traps

I never thought of that I better go unplug them. Yes I have the proper PPE.

Reactions: MegaLugia and BobbiSueEllen
Glue traps and poison pellets then seal up your house so those dirty bastards don't come back. New doors or door seal, etc

Reactions: MegaLugia
I used live traps with peanut butter. Worked great.
I lived in a manufactured home with a crawl space and mice became an issue in the winter months.

Reactions: MegaLugia and CLPP
Nowididit said:
I used live traps with peanut butter. Worked great. I lived in a manufactured home with a crawl space and mice became an issue in the winter months.
What’s wrong with that lazy avatar of yours? If he works for a living you shouldn’t have to worry about vermin.

• Haha
Reactions: dogboy, Cottontail and MegaLugia
Hockeyczar said:
Glue traps and poison pellets then seal up your house so those dirty bastards don't come back. New doors or door seal, etc
Poison pellets indoors is a bad idea as well. Mice will eat the poison then crawl into your walls and die. About a week later you are gonna have a nasty smell of dead animal permeating your house and you will either have to open walls to find it or wait until the smell goes away.

Cats like Vanilla Mice....
Mice, mice, baby! 😹

• Haha
Reactions: MegaLugia, EagleBoy and BobbiSueEllen
My experience: simple mechanic trap. Most effective. Those kill them without suffering, glue or poison make mice terrible torture. Poison has another risk: another animal(cat, bird etc) can eat poisined body. I don't know where you had mice, but you can get rid of rodent if you take every potentional food to safe place.
But mouse is silly. Say a pray for ratfree place...

bait snap traps with a smear of peanut butter .. best bait ever

Thanks for your advice I'm gonna get some professional help. I don't want to fight this anymore. Besides they have all the tools and everything else I can't get ahold of.

I have a dog and I don't want nothing to happen to her and with my medical history I may not be able to handle some of the diseases without going to the hospital myself.

Last edited:
EagleBoy said:
I'm gonna get some professional help.
Probably best cos the mice may retaliate by sending in The Squeakualizer 😹

• Haha
Never had trouble with mice or rats in the house. It's always the garage. Generally just keeping food out of there is enough to keep it under control, but peanut butter has always worked as a lure when needed.

I hate killing anything, or separating an animal from it's family. I've had many pet rats and know how intelligent and social they are, but you gotta protect yourself and your family. The health risk is real.

Reactions: MegaLugia, Jorelaxed and BobbiSueEllen
Not being funny, but cats are the best way of reducing your mice population.

Tenawearer said:
Not being funny, but cats are the best way of reducing your mice population.

I love cats! Great hunters!

Keep them indoors though. When I first lived where I am now, there were hundreds of quail that roamed the area, and lots of snakes and lizards. Then four new families moved in, adding 10 outdoor cats. We warned them to keep the cats indoors, but no one listened. After a couple years there was pretty much nothing left, and cat poop everywhere...

There's only a couple cats on the block now. I'm starting to see lizards and snakes again, but the quail may never return.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CrazySmoker
... or bring a cat. May the cat doesn't kill all mice at house, but sure mice run away from places where cat stinks. I can confirm that by my personal experience.

Vile creatures them mices. They will learn after seeing heir mates squashed in a peanut butter baited trap to avoid it so keep changing bait. Dried cranberries, soft cheese and chocolate work well. more important is keeping them out. The little buggers will fit through a hole the size of a dime and squeeze through a 1/4" crack. Seal up your house! Steel wool don't work they just claw it out of am established entrance. Mow your lawn! And your neighbors.

That's what I forgot last time - seal mouse entrances, but it'd be something with glass fragments.

Last edited:
Back