Messy accident on an airplane

TeeMousy said:
Good to know. Although they didn’t embarrass me. It just took me by surprise the first time I thought maybe it was the clothes I had on. But on the return flight I was prepared and wore different clothes and still got flagged. But by that time I was used to it and kind of enjoyed it a little. 😜
Fair enough. (y) :giggle:

Reactions: Ellyn, Edgewater and TeeMousy
I agree that traveling diapered would be helpful to nearly everyone, since available of the restrooms on flights is limited and sometimes things "just happen." My diaper has saved me from the worst consequences of explosive diarrhea on two occasions, neither of them in an airplane but both in public places.

Toleration for diaper wearing by adults has improved but still isn't close to real acceptance. Each of us must make our own decisions about diaper wearing in different situations.

Would I feel more humiliated being recognized as wearing a diaper or being recognized as having wet or soiled pants? I'm incontinent. For me it's not a difficult choice. I think, though , that many can point to a time or two in their lives when some kind of protection would have been REALLY helpful.

• Thinking
Reactions: forevertoddler, RedStripeLvr, Ellyn and 5 others
well, havent traveled on commercial airlines in quite a many years, but i used to back a long time ago be in the air a lot.

I have had the misfortune to have to change on a commercial flight a couple times, which is not that easy at all.

Havent had a messy diaper on a commercial flight, but that would be about the worst thing i'd say.

Albeit in the pilot lounges i've seen diapers in there more than a few times and in all reality it would be flight crew 90% who goes into there.

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, Ellyn, Edgewater and 2 others
I did not fly for some years, so i never flew since i am inco, but i used to fly several times a year to China (about 11 to 21 hours travel time) for several years.

Sometimes when the flight was fully booked it was really difficult to get to a toilet, always long lines to get there, on one flight you needed to stay on your seat belted for several hours, it was rough. Today i can hold up to one hour best, everything longer will result in a complete bladder emptying.
No way i could do / risk any flight without the best diapers i can get hand on.

IBS on top of that and my horror vision is perfect.

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, TeeMousy, Ellyn and 2 others
Cottontail said:
Apparently having 50 omelettes skate down the aisle of a 737 isn’t newsworthy,
9585.gif
Breaking eggs-tra special news!
"Aisle have 50 omelettes!" orders man on a plane!
"Aisle have 50, too!" shouts another!
The staff were flipping and flapping!
They were chicken them down the plane!
But it's all ova, now.

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, TeeMousy, Ellyn and 4 others
given airport security im surprised we are not restricted to diaper and a tee shirt... nothing to hide

Reactions: Diprs2, TeeMousy, Ellyn and 1 other person
Sprint3473 said:
given airport security im surprised we are not restricted to diaper and a tee shirt... nothing to hide
Kinda like this, LOL. I'd be very happy in just a cute shirt, Pampers & shoes...

Screenshot_20230908-082959_Gallery.jpg

The pilots requested egg-white-only omelettes...their cockpit is already double-yoked. 🤣🤭

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: EcoIncon, Zeke, Diprs2 and 5 others
Was this flight involving diarrhea down the aisle possibly returning from Mexico? Montezuma’s Revenge got me returning from Mexico after several days in Cancun about 30 years ago, but fortunately the facilities were available when it initially stuck and after that I was prepared for what was coming.

• Sad
Reactions: EcoIncon, Seasonedcitizen, BobbiSueEllen and 5 others
Zeke said:
Was this flight involving diarrhea down the aisle possibly returning from Mexico? Montezuma’s Revenge got me returning from Mexico after several days in Cancun about 30 years ago, but fortunately the facilities were available when it initially stuck and after that I was prepared for what was coming.
It happened about a week ago. It was a Delta flight headed to Spain.

Reactions: Diprs2, Zeke, Ellyn and 1 other person
Zeke said:
Must always respect the Revenge. That happened to me last time I was in Cancun. First day I proposed to my fiancée and spent the day celebrating. The next 3 days involved significantly less celebrating anything but us making it to the bathroom on time. I will say this though...it may have been up there as the least glamourous post-proposal period, but boy was it a bonding moment. Nothing says I love you like dealing with that while sharing one bathroom and coming out stronger for it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: EcoIncon, Cottontail, BobbiSueEllen and 8 others
newt said:
Must always respect the Revenge. That happened to me last time I was in Cancun. First day I proposed to my fiancée and spent the day celebrating. The next 3 days involved significantly less celebrating anything but us making it to the bathroom on time. I will say this though...it may have been up there as the least glamourous post-proposal period, but boy was it a bonding moment. Nothing says I love you like dealing with that while sharing one bathroom and coming out stronger for it.
:oops: Nightmare!

Reactions: Diprs2, newt and Edgewater
ILuvDiapers said:
:oops: Nightmare!
It was very much at the time. But now its just a fun story to tell! Well, as long as we go into absolutely no detail.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Diprs2, ILuvDiapers and 1 other person
TeeMousy said:
I recently flew to Texas and wore a Goodnites diaper just for peace of mind although I did not need to use it. However I did get flagged at security checkpoint every time and had to be patted down. Has anyone else experienced this?
I've been getting padded, er patted down every time I wear a certain type of pull up, but not necessarily every time I wear other types. And I've sailed through security in a full tape on diaper more times than I can count. There must be something about the gel content or density or something in certain pull ups. Just this morning I got flagged in the junk area just like last 3 or 4 times wearing these things, which is somewhat embarrassing, but then had to go through the whole crotch feel-up. (Note: I never said I was wearing anything, they checked my waistband, felt me up, and never said a thing).

Normally I wear a pull up to the airport, then change into a full tape on diaper somewhere after security, but after repeatedly being flagged, I may just go back to putting on a tape-on diaper before the airport.

Reactions: TeeMousy, BobbiSueEllen, Diprs2 and 2 others
tiron101 said:
I've been getting padded, er patted down every time I wear a certain type of pull up, but not necessarily every time I wear other types. And I've sailed through security in a full tape on diaper more times than I can count. There must be something about the gel content or density or something in certain pull ups. Just this morning I got flagged in the junk area just like last 3 or 4 times wearing these things, which is somewhat embarrassing, but then had to go through the whole crotch feel-up. (Note: I never said I was wearing anything, they checked my waistband, felt me up, and never said a thing).

Normally I wear a pull up to the airport, then change into a full tape on diaper somewhere after security, but after repeatedly being flagged, I may just go back to putting on a tape-on diaper before the airport.
;) I would, (y):)

Ellyn said:
the strong odor throughout the plane.
Yikes! That must have been extremely embarrassing. I fly a couple of times each year. Being IC I'm always diapered. Never had a poop accident when flying. Not sure you why you don't use internal deodorants. I'm sure it didn't really help since your accident was diarrhea. And leaked. A reason why IC people need protection.

Reactions: Diprs2 and BobbiSueEllen
Ellyn said:
My belief is that everyone on a plane would probably benefit from wearing a diaper while traveling, really by any mode, but with social stigma being what it is, the mass majority likely wouldn’t consider it. I’ve recommended a diaper to my husband and boys but no takers.
certainly by car -- always!

tiron101 said:

Yeah that would make sense, it must have been something in the material used in the diaper I was wearing. Not just in wearing a diaper in and of itself. Next time I fly I will have to try wearing the biggest and fluffiest tape on I have just to see if it triggers the scanner.

Reactions: Diprs2
Yeah I am always diapered on a plane now, even short flights. Way too much anxiety otherwise.

Reactions: Diprs2 and tiron101
This news story was a shocker. The poor guy must have been beyond mortified - he should’ve worn a diaper!
We have a seven hour flight next month and I am considering (for the first time) wearing a diaper for the flight - just seems so
much easier.

That is horrible, I would hate to have a situation like that and hope that I can keep to mostly bedwetting with the occasional day time urgency.

For me always a tape on diaper for long flights after airport security or just a pull-up just in case for all other flights does the trick for me. So far only been wet on a flight which is no big deal honestly.

Back