Megamax sizing confusion.

Yira

Enjoyer of squish
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
Heya everyone, I'm planning on buying some megamax diapers soon but I'm a bit confused about the sizing stuff. According to Northshore's sizing chart I should use medium.

Tena, Rearz and random pullup medium sizes fit me right so I should probably get the medium megamax as well. However I heard people talk about it being larger than other medium sizes. I think I'm closer to the top end of medium sizes (Hip= 94 cm/37 inch & Waist = 75 cm/29.5 inch) making me not sure about which size I should get.

Should I get the medium or small? Anyone have some experience with sizes around those measurements?

Side note: I don't think I can get samples around here.

Also I'm new around, heya👋

Welcome to ADISC!
I’m a medium in basically all other diapees but when I first started to order from northshore I was concerned as well as I seemingly would fit best in a small but I too couldn’t get samples at the time and didn’t wanna waste my money. Smalls in all other brands fit my waist but not my hips and that’s never a comfortable scenario.
I ended up just contacting customer service and asking for their help. I forget which sizing we based it off more (waist or hips) but with whatever one was chosen smalls ended up being what was suggested and it was the right choice! They fit perfectly. It never hurts to use northshore’s customer service. They’ll probably suggest samples but in general anyone I’ve ever talked to through there knows their products really well and are always very, very helpful.

Reactions: CptKirk and Yira
Sounds like medium to me.

I wear 32 pants, and I'm kinda between their medium and small though.

Reactions: Dakota13, Yira and lilbabyjooce
Thanks for the information (y)

Medium in all disposables but the medium MegaMax do come up big.
It’s sometimes nice to be totally ‘swallowed up’ by a big nappy but I do have issues with leaks because they are oversized on me.

Megamax does run on the large size. Based on your hips, I would say medium. When you place your order ask for a sample of the smalls to try.

So I've used the mediums and smalls with a 30ish waist/36hips(last time i measured, a while ago), and the mediums while I like the high rise, don't tend to fit quite right making them prone to leaks. The smalls are much better fitting, but fit lower. Currently wearing, but when I get a chance I can absolutely take some measurements if you wanted.

Just get the samples. I don't want to see a dl friend. End up with a bunch of useless diapers.

So my waist is a 34 diameter belly button height, with 38hip at widest point. If that gives you an idea on fitment. Sorry if i need to delete the crotch shot just lmk to clarify this is a medium and im 6'20220813_163857~2.jpg

Last edited:
Dakota13 said:
So my waist is a 34 diameter belly button height, with 38hip at widest point. If that gives you an idea on fitment. Sorry if i need to delete the crotch shot just lmk to clarify this is a medium and im 6'View attachment 84525
Those do look on the high side. My barnyards always ended under belly button. Thank you for the reference.

Gonna look a bit more into samples to make sure but I might go for the smalls. Would rather have a diaper fit a bit on the smaller side than leak.

Reactions: lilbabyjooce
So alpacas which are my go to, fit right at my belly button or just underneath. which sounds similar in fit to you. Good luck with your purchase!!

I have a 36 in waist and 40 in hips. The small fits tight and the medium fits better. You could ask them for a sample in each size.

I've not been able to find samples which deliver to where I live 🇳🇱 (might be able to get them some other way but that might increase prices)

Based on what I've heard till now I'm going to get some smalls. I think those will fit fine.
The next problem is choosing a color. White is nice, Pink looks lovely and Tie-dye looks funky.

Reactions: Dakota13
Back