Medication

Peepeegirl

Just bedwetter
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have stress bed wetting so sometimes is more often and sometimes is really rarely but my doctor decided to give me imipramine have you ever tried?

Reactions: Diprs2
Yes I have had impramaine and it gave me dry eyes and blurred vision.

• Wow
Reactions: Jorelaxed and Diprs2
I read that is some of the side effects

Yes, I have tried it for a couple of weeks but it made me feel agitated and unsettled so I stopped using it.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, GabyinPurple, Diprs2 and 1 other person
I started yesterday for now I don’t see any difference

Each of the drugs I have been prescribed by doc have had horrible side effects, one really helped calm my bladder down but gave me such headaches I had to stop it.
So no drugs !

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorelaxed, Diprs2 and Peepeegirl
Peepeegirl said:
I was told that it could take up to six weeks to make a difference.

Reactions: Peepeegirl and Diprs2
hi i have tried desmopressin and oxibutin , please excuse the poor spelling i will never be a chemist!! i had similar side affects, dry eyes and mouth headaches etc, i stuck with them for about 3 months but for me the side affects out weighted the benefits, good luck

Reactions: Diprs2 and Peepeegirl
My bedwetting is from a combination or gabapentin and requip for muscle spasms and restless legs. I told my urologist that I started wetting at night and he gave me gemtesa for bed wetting . After a month it got where in the morning I couldn't pee. My bladder was over full but I couldn't pee. After standing there for a few minutes I would only dribble . It was terrible. Also it was very expensive. I stopped taking it. At my follow up I told him about it and he stated a couple people had that side affect. Then he put me on flowmax. That had the opposite affect. On that I would wet more at night. Usually I will wake but choose to lay there and release. I'm okay with that . My follow up is coming up. He wont like what I'm going to tell him. I choose to wear protection at night and pee in my bed whether I wake or not. My wife hates it but excepts it because I sleep so much better. He will really hate it.

Reactions: Floodingpants, Diprs2 and Peepeegirl
Yeah I am still wearing protection, and when I wake up I also release myself wake or not, let see for now no side effects

Reactions: Diprs2 and Pino
Napincolove said:
Each of the drugs I have been prescribed by doc have had horrible side effects, one really helped calm my bladder down but gave me such headaches I had to stop it.
So no drugs !
The one giving you headaches, was it Mybrtriq by chance? That one was giving me headaches, and blood pressure was going up.

Peepeegirl said:
I have stress bed wetting so sometimes is more often and sometimes is really rarely but my doctor decided to give me imipramine have you ever tried?
Imipramine is an antidepressant medication, but also used for treating anxiety and panic disorders. Dry mouth and blurred vision are common side effects.

Reactions: Peepeegirl and Diprs2
Peepeegirl said:
Give it some time probably needs to build up levels before you get any side effects

During my last urology appointment I discussed taking medication and my hesitation. I explained to her that I was exposed to a lot of chemicals in the military that could be causing my IC issues. And that they also lead to cancers and other issues. She understood why I don’t want to take meds and that I’m perfectly ok wearing diapers. I talked about the fear of dismissing medication and an entry being put in my records saying I’m refusing a plan. She reassured me that will not happen.

I’m just so afraid of potential side affects and damage to my organs.

Reactions: GabyinPurple and Peepeegirl
Napincolove said:
So no drugs !
They tried that on me too at the begining of my incon and immediately stop taking them. No dry mouth or headaches .

Last edited:
Jorelaxed said:
They tried that on me too at the begining of my incon and immediately stop taking them. No dry mouth or headaches .
I am having bad taste in my mouth and constipation

• Sad
Reactions: GabyinPurple
BabyHailey1977 said:
During my last urology appointment I discussed taking medication and my hesitation. I explained to her that I was exposed to a lot of chemicals in the military that could be causing my IC issues. And that they also lead to cancers and other issues. She understood why I don’t want to take meds and that I’m perfectly ok wearing diapers. I talked about the fear of dismissing medication and an entry being put in my records saying I’m refusing a plan. She reassured me that will not happen.

I’m just so afraid of potential side affects and damage to my organs.
Very valid point. Especially in light of not all side effects being noted and/or not shared. And some, you wonder if the side effects are worth it. I know in my case I wish besides taking or not taking there was another option

Last edited:
Reactions: Peepeegirl
Yes, virtually all meds carry side effects, some of which can be very unpleasant. However it is also important to note that the same drug can act very differently in everyone taking it. So some people will experience more severe side effects than others.

Virtually all prescription drugs will have side effects that are listed according to severity, based on the clinical trail results or ongoing incidents reported once a licence has been granted.

Also in relation to certain medications, especially antidepressants/anxiety meds it can usually take upwards of 4 weeks of taking them before the body becomes acclimatised to them, which can be rough going, but then things settle back down, and you start to feel better.

However sometimes the only way to know how a medication will react in you is to take it and see?:unsure: That said, meds are not for everyone, and that's a personal decision as to whether you take them or don't. :giggle:

There are always different methods for dealing with different issues. (y)

Last edited:
Back