Medical cloth diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardTheDL18

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Okay, so... This might be a stupid question- But I'm curious: Does there exist cloth-diapers with a plain white/medical look?

I'm asking because disposables simply are becoming a bit too expensive for me on a long term.
-And the look-suggestion; Simply because I'm not an AB, so it wouldn't seem right for me.

Hope anyone out there can help me.
Best regards.
-Edward.

Sure llmedco,changung times ,Babykins,Angelfluff are all .com reusable cloth diaper makers ,who you can get plain old adult incontinent white diapers from velcro or pin on ,mine are 90% made by Jeannie & Howard at Angelfluff and the rest are Babykins .those just are my desired type i wear high rise ultimate 3 contour during the day with Angelfluff "blue Ice"plastic pants at night super heavyweight nite diaper boosted with Babykins rubber bloomers and day or night i wear Babykins onesies , there my favorite and i have over 300 them ,i wear one as an undershirt or over shirt 24 hours a day to keep my diaper were it needs to be for maximum protection .
Cloth are not cheap they are an investment I have been using mine for 11 years and have about $13,000 spent 11 years ago .my pants the "blue ice" are made for Angelfluff exclusively by Gary ,made specificaly to my size and preference i own the patterns so i dont ever need to get my plastic pants fitted again ,when i need more i call in my pattern number how many i need and about 2 weeks later they show up on my doorstep.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

When I think of medical cloth diapers, I think of ones that are made by med supply companies, are relatively low capacity, but made to withstand institutional laundering, and there are plenty of those

I own a couple of the Ultra Fit diapers. They feel great, but they really are pretty low capacity.

I've never owned any of these, but they seem like a really odd idea, with waterproofing just in key areas.

These seem super medical grade.

I've always been curious to try these, but they have such a laughably low capacity rating that it can't possibly be right.

Not all of these are white, but they are certainly all medical. Looking at them makes me grateful at all the options we have available to us today.

-RMS

I have diapers from AngelFluff and also some from ChangingTimes. I also sort of cornered the market at local fabric stores for birdseye diaper cloth and my (then) girlfriend at the time sewed them up into perfolds for me.

Honestly looking at the Becks makes me crazy ,simply put they are to expensive for too little protection.

Howard from Angelfluff is IC in a wheelchair when he became IC ,he and his wife discovered ,not shockingly that cheaply made low quality ,low absorbent diapers were pretty much what the market was made up ,products that would get you by ,but never ahead and at premium prices , Jeannie decided that they would custom order the kind of fabric needed and she would sew Howard's diapers , that got them everything they were looking for high quality affordable diapers that didn't need constant changing let alone replacement .

Howard's friends soon saw the awesome diapers Jeannie was making him , and started asking Jeannie to make them some ,that snowballed from doing something for your husband to a nearly full time job by word of mouth ,so they gave up on there jobs and started Angelfluff, every diaper design has been long term "tested" by Howard before they ever offer it for sale to anyone else .

In case you don't know IC guys in wheelchairs have a special relationship with diapers ,we down right abuse them. In Angelfluff I not only found diapers I found a company that believed in service and support the same way I did , before I ever spent a dime with them ,i spent hours on the phone picking there brains asking questions ,getting fabric samples, doing my homework other companies could care less , there literally was a cloth diaper company local to me ,who couldn't be bothered answering the phone or returning calls (they are out of business many years now , gee I wonder why) ,i also found friends in Jeannie & Howard .

So please don't spend money on mass produced low quality ,industrial diapers made so one size fits most .
Spend less money on higher quality custom made to fit and be comfortable for you diapers.

My first cloth diaper arrived alone, I washed it dred it beat the he'll out of it, for a month all well making notes that I then "distilled" to Jeannie and we made adjustments and tweaks so they fit perfect (i like a higher rise diaper for all different reasons, however a standard high rise diaper landed at spot on my back that was uncomfortable, with a custom seamstress that translates easily to adding a quarter inch in rise so it lands on a different spot, with a generic diaper its put up and like it or consign them to the back of the drawer .

Fitting diapers with a million snaps works but isnt precise, leg elastic is a cloth diaper option ,i swear by it ,again something that may not work on generic sized diapers if you have larger or smaller legs .

So honestly don't shop off the rack products without knowing all about them ,and also consider custom diaper places offer pricing per diaper generally whereas if your making a large order of custom spec diapers most places will offer a $5-$15 per item discount for large orders because its much easier and cheaper to do a custom diaper order .

My last bit of advice is Babykins is one of the only diaper makers that lets you almost double the capacity for cheap , if you order a double soaker pad ,they don't add it to just the crotch ,the entire diapers is absorbent so the entire diaper gets a double soaker , in a good diaper its an almost imperceptible as far as bulk and size but jacks absorbenscy way up.

Doing your homework when it comes to cloth diapers and testing individual diapers from companies is important because sometimes you find a certain cut of the diaper something you can't stand ,it's a deal breaker with disposables it's a tragedy with reusable because there isn't a giant easy to find secondary cloth diaper market like buying and selling disposables that you like or don't like .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back