Man, F-IC really really sucks.

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Yesterday afternoon I had an epic fight with my bowels. I wear TENA Ultimate Extra pull-up as usual during the day since I still use the toilet (around home). I had to stagger down the stairs to the toilet several times in the afternoon to unload diarrhea. After all was settled I'd venture back upstairs only have the cycle repeat 5-10 minutes later. What a hassle!

But the last time down the stairs I lost the load. Once the leak started, I couldn't hold it back anymore. By this point I think that you psychologically get to the point "well, the damage is done now". So I waddled over to grab another pull-up and paper towels. I called for my wife from the bathroom to bring me some plastic bags. I gave the remainder of the load to the toilet. Then came the cleanup and the shower. Thankfully the Chlorophyll-Copper tablets helped reduce the smell. Otherwise I might have gagged and puked as well. The other fortunate thing was keeping it fully contained in the pull-up -- being aware of how badly they leak, I managed to keep this catastrophe inside the pull-up.

I've suspected a brewing issue with this over the last couple of years (once before I was IC). This has happened enough times now that I know that I have to leave the house fully protected. I have been doing that but I still took some chances. The other thing that sucks is that this is indeed related to coffee. I had one coffee the night before yesterday, and then one yesterday morning. I thought I got away with it but no -- by afternoon my bowels were emptying themselves like a laxative. I hate all of this so much!

My full sympathies to those who have to deal with F-IC daily.

Incontinence does suck. I have bladder and bowel incontinence from disc damage in my lower back. Now I have COPD and constant coughing spells which constantly cause me to start peeing every time I start coughing and my pooping accidents have increased with some of the coughing spells. I am diapered 24/7 for almost 4 years now and have had plenty of pooping accidents while away from home. That really sucks.

I highly agree I am fully bladder incontinent with occasional bowel issues I have struggled with occasional bowel issues since childhood and I was a bedwetter as well and I can honestly say incontinence sucks
which makes me wonder why anyone would want to purposely make themselves incontinent especially risking harm in the process

slimjiminy said:
My full sympathies to those who have to deal with F-IC daily.
I've been IC since the beginning so F-IC isn't new. I have BM accidents daily though most of them are during sleep or the morning. Daytime accidents have there own horror. Having one while away from home is the worst. Thankfully (?) I rarely have loose stool. Most of my BM's are solid (not hard, just normal) so I don't suffer from terrible straining when I feel it starting. Either way, having a BM accident during the day, there's just nothing to stop it.
Chlorophyll copper tablets really help. You can still smell it but not nearly as strong. Of course complete protection is necessary.

I suppose being fully IC is something one gets used to it. At least they've always been this way for me. I don't know anything else. But regardless
when a a BM accident happens, whether getting up in the morning with a load in my diaper or having one later in the morning or during the day, F-IC is truly a pain in the ass.

Reactions: slimjiminy
I have moderate to heavy urinary incontinence that manifests itself as occasional moderate to heavy episodes, and rarer bowel episodes. Sometimes, my colon gets full and I don't realize it till its really really full.. and then sometimes, just sometimes, my rectum starts pushing it out before I get a chance to sit down on the potty, and it ends up in my pants despite me clencihng it back. Doctors chalk it up to constipation, but I also was recently diagnosed with diverticulosis. Not sure if that has a role to play. Surgeon has recommened daily fiber, but to be honest, I have been less than faithful with that. If you do happen to have regular bowel accidents, don't make my mistake. Don't go on a bike ride wearing diaper that does not have leak guards, have an accident in the diaepr and then try to sit on the bike...you will have a blowout.. That was probably the most embarassed I have ever been.. because the feces wasn't fully contained. with my other bowel accidetns in the diaper, it was contained.

Yes it sucks, and I count my lucky stars I don't have full on loss of bowel control.

• Wow
Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192
Back