Making babyfur/diaperfur friends

CutieProtector

Sir Diaper Knight, Defender of Babyfurs!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
I'm curious how people have made friends in the babyfur/diaperfur community. I've never made online friends before, and I want to be careful what sites I join so I don't reveal my interest publicly.

When I finally make my fursona and get commissions, I'd like to share them with others. Also, if I try online roleplaying (and maybe real-life later on), I'd like to get acquainted with the people I'm roleplaying with before I start.

CutieProtector said:
I'm curious how people have made friends in the babyfur/diaperfur community.
Mostly just talk with people, preferably about things other than diapers/babyfur.

Once we get control of this virus pandemic and restrictions are lifted, Furry Conventions (IMHO) are the best way to meet other Babyfurs. There is nothing quite like meeting others in person in a generally safe public setting. It’s a very liberating experience. Oh sure, you need to take some precautions at a convention. Not all Furries are accepting of the Babyfur community so you need to be a little conservative in your dress. But us Babyfurs wear some articles that make us pretty visible (diapers that are visible are a STRICT No, No). It also helps to go to Cub-friendly conventions such as MFF, TFF, BLFC, MegaPlex (to name just a few). Still, I have made more friends this way than any other way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 74558, perlFerret and 49beachdipe
I don't know. I am bad at making new friends. I'm generally nice, but I have extreme social anxiety and not-so-great social skills. (honestly, I probably have undiagnosed autism. asperger's would explain a lot) I have found a few friends here in the past (some are my best friends). I found a few other places. "IRL" I only have one friend that I text occasionally, usually about video games... I don't even want to get together or anything because he's not a babyfur and I feel so out of touch with "normal" people. I have never been to a furry convention, and I've thought about it before, but I don't know how well it would even go.... my conversation skills can be kinda awful, I don't have the money to blow on things like that, and I never know what to talk about. I've been to a few anime conventions, but I didn't really talk to anyone.

Overall, I only have a few babyfur friends. So I guess I don't really have the answers.

If it makes you feel better, I'm not great at making friends either. I have Autism and have trouble making small talk (or big talk, or any talk really, haha). I recently found our Discord server, but I'm still shy about chatting with others. I have trouble relating to others despite being in a group that accepts me for the thing I wouldn't want my IRL friends to know about me. But I think it can help knowing we're with others who feel equally anxious, so let's be anxious together!

P.S. I hope I'm not scaring people off with my posts.

irnub said:
Mostly just talk with people, preferably about things other than diapers/babyfur.

Video games can be a good way to make friends, well if you're not too much of an introvert that is....they give you something to do and in the long run you get to know each other better or even find new people.

I found my best friend till today over 10years ago in World of Warcraft, you know, just doing the basic guild stuff, raids and instances together, helping each other out and in the long run we got to know each other better - actually, when I think about it, most of my friends I actually found online in World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy XIV.

I also think about how I can make new friends and I also find it very difficult, I thought about making or joining a steam group but one of the issues I have with that is that I also have some Co-Workers on my personal friends list and they'll pretty much can see all my friends/follows/groups if the just look up my profile...and I definetly don't want them too find out. Second Problem...too introverted...I don't write to people...don't really know why, I just don't know what to say...or I am too afraid of making a bad first impression by saying not much....

Way back in the day, Furcadia was the only online place to meet ... than SecondLife came along, and now there are quite a few websites and such.

Hi,
Digital footprint-wise I'd say grab a throw-away or secondary email for everything AB/Babyfur related (Google accounts even offer a Google Voice number that you can forward to your main number should any sites/applications ask for it). This would suffice in separating your real-life matters from your little side (barring Google, ISPs and/or the FBI have an interest in you, then you have problems outside the scope of this forum).

To get your foot in the door, you used to be able to go to a few forum sites specifically for the babyfur community, the one that comes to mind is FoxTalesTimes, though unfortunately that forum is now mostly used for Babyfur/AB RPG game development, so not much social interaction going on there.

Furaffinity and Sofurry (not sure about the latter, since I haven't been on in a while) have a much larger active babyfur footprint than what you might find on here. Though even then, since both sites are more of a submissions based site rather than a forum/social media site, your exposure there might be limited.

From those sites you also might be able to find some communities that are based in IM programs like Telegram, Discord, Skype and much less commonly IRC (I think I even saw one on slack a while back lol). It just seems that what used to be all forum based is now moving towards IM based social media, so you might find the best luck with this approach.

Though nothing beats furcons I hear, I'm dying to go to one in person!

As for roleplaying, the IM option is where you'll see most of it happening, since it's much more accommodating of private conversations.

As always, I'm open to making new friends and am always happy to help, so if there's any concerns please ask away! (The babyfur side of the forum seems pretty quiet, so I doubt anyone minds!)

- Min

Last edited:
I'm already on Furaffinity, but their forums are temporarily offline. I found another babyfur Discord group, but I'm still very nervous about talking to people there or in the ADISC Discord. I'm worried I'll break some chat rule or get in a conversation about a subject I know nothing about. Small talk is harder when I (and possibly others) want to keep their real lives separate from this.

I'm not sure how to approach this since I almost never chat online with friends, and haven't made online friends before. I don't want to seem needy, but I could use some help in this regard.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

@CutieProtector
I sent you a message of discord. If you would like to just chat, just message back. I'll talk with you.

TillamookMMX said:
I’m not really sure as I have never been to a convention or had any friends (even during childhood)

:cry: (gives @TillamookMMX a big hug)

Even if I'm resurrecting an old post, I wanted to ask If anyone knew any new way or any new user have a suggestion of how to meet new friends.

I have the same issues as Shippofox (hey!! I'm a foxy too!! 🤭), lots of problems to make friends and I feel very lonely.

ADISC was the first community that I joined and I was so lucky. Active and with awesome supportive people. I tried to find a more furry/babyfur focused groups to find friends... And my experiences are just... 😬(horrible)... Or they are too young/inmature, or they are the worst persons of the fandom.

Trrying to find caring people to talk and support each other... Cannot be so difficult. Right?

Last edited:
Back