Losing Control

bmans123

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
In the past year I have gone from having slightly less than usual bladder control to having the need to use the restroom every 20-30 minutes and waking up 3-4 times a night. I frequently show signs of stress incontinence (motion related involuntary leak) and also have had occasional bedwetting. I find this interesting because I never was diaper training, or even wearing until recently when I started to notice this problem. I have always been DL so I didn’t mind the change but I found it interesting this just happened to me at random. I suspect an exceedingly weak pelvic floor is the root cause (I can’t even muster the strength to attempt kegels) All in all just thought I’d share my experience because although I am DL I only started wearing out of convenience and general quality of life reasons.

Reactions: Diprs2 and warmfeeling
First of all, welcome to the forum!
I fully understand the you started wearing out of quality of life and convenience reason. But did you try to figure out what causes your loss of bladder control? Incontinence does not happen by its own, it's always a symptom of something which is wrong in your body, with a whole bunch of possibilities. Some of the can be cured easily, some cannot and sometimes there is a very serious background behind which should be treated as soon as possible before getting worse - so I really recommend to see a doctor about it!
Once it's figured out what's behind your IC we can for sure discuss freely all about options how to deal with it, what's your feeling with it and all other aspects which might be in your mind

Reactions: Diprs2, warmfeeling and Happy2BeInNappies2
Welcome to the group, allways remember you are not alone in having IC issues. If you have not seen an urologist you should as soon as possible as HBIC60 said incontinence has a underlying cause some can be life threatening so its best to make sure.
A cystoscopy is a good test to see whats happening inside your bladder Ive had it done twice and I had no pain the second time I didnt feel the camera enter my bladder. Some people do experience pain or a discomfort when the camera passes,the sphincter but the test is worth it to make sure theres nothing serious wrong.

For me I chose diapers to manage my IC issues and skipped the meds and have no regrets in my choice.

Yes get checked out. My incontinence is caused by diabetic related nerve damage. I had been diabetic a long time without any other symptoms. If I hadn't started having continence issues I would not have found out I was diabetic.

Wetshisbed said:
Yes get checked out. My incontinence is caused by diabetic related nerve damage. I had been diabetic a long time without any other symptoms. If I hadn't started having continence issues I would not have found out I was diabetic.
I have to learn how to do pelvic floor kegals. I've done regular pee kegals for years to duplicate ejactulation.

Reactions: Diprs2 and hbic60
Without seeing a doctor the symptoms (and finding the actual cause) will sometimes get worse. Either way, don't wait.

Reactions: Diprs2
Back