Looking for advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Other
I have been having issues with having to urinate frequently at night, which led me to strain several times in an attempt to pass urine. It doesn't always work, and sometimes it comes out when I get up. I then started to have other issues, and went to a colon/rectal Dr. He seems to think the strain caused the issue for which I saw him, and because the whole covid thing options are limited.

I began wearing protective garments 24/7 because some times issues would arrive when coughing/sneezing. I noticed its getting harder to urinate. I take a bath every night before bed, and attempt to use the toilet before and after the bath. I rarely am able to pass urine, and sometimes nothing at all happens. As soon as I get in the bath I feel like I continually have to urinate, and after the both I attempt useing the toilet again, and as soon as I start getting dressed the feeling to urinate arrives even though I attempted seconds ago without anything happening. I attempted to mention it to the Colon doctor last week, and he didn't adress it, just ordered a ct scan for the original issue I saw him for. I had a follow up with my primary 2 days after, and because of covid it was a video conference and not the normal primary I see. He told me I am too young to have prostate issues and said my blood work was normal last july, and didn't adress it either. He did tell me not to take the meds the colon doctor prescribed. I haven't done the CT scan because my colon appointment was tuesday and they are waiting for insurance approval.

I have a neurologist appointment in 4 days, is that something I should mention to him? Should I be concerned? Should I try to see my normal primary? Is this something to see a urologists about? I just feel its slowly getting worse, and I hate talking about body issues, especially anything related to colon/bladder. Sorry for the long post, I just feel like the doctors are ignoring it, and from what I read on Google it might be an issue.

If it's bothering you, then you absolutely should talk to a doctor about it. A urologist is your best bet, but if you can't get an appointment relatively soon, then perhaps try to discuss it with your primary and be as emphatic as you can that this is a real problem. You don't have to accept the word of a doctor who's not even examining you telling you that you're to young.

Urinary retention is a life-and-death serious thing. If you find yourself completely unable to pass urine, get to a hospital.

I don't know what could be causing your symptoms, but you deserve to get them addressed.

Reactions: jocastacicely95 and HumanFly
Definately talk to your Doctor about this, something is going on that needs addressing.

Always ask for a second opinion when you get fobbed off by a doctor. Retaining urine could have a neurological cause, not just an enlarged prostate. Definitely ask the neurologist but he might direct you to the urologist first.

Well I didn't end up telling the neurologist, but have a follow up appointment in 2-3 months. I ended up getting an appointment to see a urologists in the mean time.

I have a abdominal CT scan monday. Anyone have advice for the barium solution? The imaging place says to bring extra clothing; however, I plan on just wearing there if that's possible. I had issues before/after the colonoscopy and I would be better safe then sorry.

I've had both a barium swallow and a barium enema, although mine were with plain X-rays rather than CT. The barium swallow and small bowel follow-through are no big deal - it's like a slightly chalky milkshake, then they take a bunch of pictures.

The barium enema was not very pleasant. It was double contrast, where they pump in air after the enema, which was very crampy. That also means that they used a balloon nozzle, which the radiology tech inflated a bit too much in my rectum. My entire colon was very inflamed, and having the oversized balloon pressing against the wall of my rectum was pretty painful. The enema itself was kind of interesting, since I could see all the books and crannies of my colon filling on the fluoroscope, while I could feel the same thing happening inside me. Overall, though, it's an experience I could have done without.

• Wow
Reactions: mommysgirlthing
I 've had problems with my prostate most of my life bph and prostatis.I finally had no option my wife wanted her bed keep dry.

Reactions: sparky4to20
sport1 said:
I 've had problems with my prostate most of my life bph and prostatis.I finally had no option my wife wanted her bed keep dry.
same with my wife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back