Looking for a active work nappy

moorey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hello everyone
I have a very active job I work as a breakdown engineer in huge plant rooms, my work load consists of bending, kneeling, ladder’s, plenty of stairs and tiny awkward places. So I’ve only been uic for the last six months due to a over active bladder had plenty of tests bloods etc luckily for me I’m healthy,
I would like to get some advice on the correct choice of nappy that I should be using, these are my limitations
1.The environment I work in it’s very difficult to get changed due to how dirty I can get from working and timings, there are facilities though.
2. 8/10 hrs working day
2. travel quite a lot from job to job
3. Odour control.

ATM I’m using Str8up blue and ABUSpace, only medical nappy I did try had poor odour control and rather see through on the outside, and it was loud my wife suggested I watch some videos on nappies that’s what came up with the above I’d rather wear plain block colour if in can but I know the uk market is ABDL or medical not really bothered just wanted a nappy that works thank you.

Reactions: Diprs2, Andy86, Lethdale and 1 other person
"TOTAL DRY Overnight" with tactical boosters is my favorite work diaper.

Reactions: Diprs2 and moorey
diapeybabybrian said:
"TOTAL DRY Overnight" with tactical boosters is my favorite work diaper.
Thank you

• Love
Reactions: diapeybabybrian
I love the Tean Proskin Nappies as I am very active and have not been let down by these Nappies, very absorbant and even when walking for miles with a very wet Nappy they have not clumped or had any of what I would consider as failures.
Tena Proskin cloth backed.

Reactions: Diprs2, Js413blue, EmX and 2 others
I think the plastic backed Tena Slip Maxi Active Fif would be a great diaper to try and being that you’re in the UK, you can get it for super cheap. They’re so good, I used to import them to the USA from Germany and pay 2x per diaper because after shipping!

I’ve recently switched to Dailee Slip Maxi (which I also pay a lot to import from Germany). It’s cloth with whole-wing stretch panels and shaped a lot like a modern baby diaper. I really like this one because it’s dead silent, extremely comfortable and flexible, and I can pull it down and up to pee or poop in the toilet (due to its large stretchy panels). I basically treat it like a pull-up but I know it has the capacity of a full diaper at 1200ml. Odor control is not as good as Tena plastic backed.

I think you’re going to have to change during your shift. I’d personally hate to be stuck in a saturated swollen diaper for 10hrs that’s bulging and starting to stink. Personally, I like to change after 800ml-900ml

Last edited:
Reactions: queerpeanut, Diprs2, Js413blue and 1 other person
Napincolove said:
I love the Tean Proskin Nappies as I am very active and have not been let down by these Nappies, very absorbant and even when walking for miles with a very wet Nappy they have not clumped or had any of what I would consider as failures.
Tena Proskin cloth backed.
Sounds good are they a uk product

Tena ProSkin is cloth backed
Tena Active Fit is plastic backed

Both are UK products. I’d recommend the plastic backed version for less stretch and better odor control. I’d recommend the Dailee Slip Maxi over the Tena ProSkin if you’re looking for a cloth product due do it’s superior elastics that moves with your body a lot like modern baby diapers do.

Reactions: Diprs2, Js413blue and moorey
LePew said:
Tena ProSkin is cloth backed
Tena Active Fit is plastic backed

Both are UK products. I’d recommend the plastic backed version for less stretch and better odor control. I’d recommend the Dailee Slip Maxi over the Tena ProSkin if you’re looking for a cloth product due do it’s superior elastics that moves with your body a lot like modern baby diapers do.
Thank you

Try the Drylife Super from Dorset Nursing Supplies, plastic backed and very reasonably priced especially if you order a case.

Reactions: Diprs2, NappiedTruckDriver and moorey
moorey said:
Hello everyone
I have a very active job I work as a breakdown engineer in huge plant rooms, my work load consists of bending, kneeling, ladder’s, plenty of stairs and tiny awkward places. So I’ve only been uic for the last six months due to a over active bladder had plenty of tests bloods etc luckily for me I’m healthy,
I would like to get some advice on the correct choice of nappy that I should be using, these are my limitations
1.The environment I work in it’s very difficult to get changed due to how dirty I can get from working and timings, there are facilities though.
2. 8/10 hrs working day
3. Odour control.

ATM I’m using Str8up blue and ABUSpace, only medical nappy I did try had poor odour control and rather see through on the outside, and it was loud my wife suggested I watch some videos on nappies that’s what came up with the above I’d rather wear plain block colour if in can but I know the uk market is ABDL or medical not really bothered just wanted a nappy that works thank you.

I think if you're active cloth backed is the way to go, the only issue is odour control really as odour control is better with plastic backed products. I've started doing disabled skateboarding as a way to do some physio exercise and wear a high capacity, cloth backed nappy with a booster. Exercise or doing anything physical doesn't mix with plastic backed, which I found when I was simracing. By far the best quality wise are the ABU AlphaGatorZ (they are very pricey though, it's doable for me as I only do the skateboarding once a week and only use one while I'm doing that). The Tykables Animooz are pretty good as well, although they don't seem quite as absorbent. Using plastic pants alongside them is advisable for the odour control. Whilst it's still plastic, the fact it's not in direct contact with most of your skin still makes it more comfortable than a plastic backed nappy.

It is a bit of a gap in the market as the cloth backed medical ones aren't absorbent enough for me, even with a booster and there aren't a ton of premium products and the ones that are there are quite pricey. I used the Animooz last summer and found they did the job pretty well on the whole. Wish the AlphaGatorZ were cheaper though! Hopefully, more high capacity cloth backed products will crop up as time moves on.

Reactions: Diprs2
Constantlydamp said:
Try the Drylife Super from Dorset Nursing Supplies, plastic backed and very reasonably priced especially if you order a case.
Thankyouy

Reactions: Constantlydamp
InconLifer said:
I think if you're active cloth backed is the way to go, the only issue is odour control really as odour control is better with plastic backed products. I've started doing disabled skateboarding as a way to do some physio exercise and wear a high capacity, cloth backed nappy with a booster. Exercise or doing anything physical doesn't mix with plastic backed, which I found when I was simracing. By far the best quality wise are the ABU AlphaGatorZ (they are very pricey though, it's doable for me as I only do the skateboarding once a week and only use one while I'm doing that). The Tykables Animooz are pretty good as well, although they don't seem quite as absorbent. Using plastic pants alongside them is advisable for the odour control. Whilst it's still plastic, the fact it's not in direct contact with most of your skin still makes it more comfortable than a plastic backed nappy.

It is a bit of a gap in the market as the cloth backed medical ones aren't absorbent enough for me, even with a booster and there aren't a ton of premium products and the ones that are there are quite pricey. I used the Animooz last summer and found they did the job pretty well on the whole. Wish the AlphaGatorZ were cheaper though! Hopefully, more high capacity cloth backed products will crop up as time moves on.
Awesome advice a good insight
Have you ever tried Tykables Potty Monster huge amount of absorbent but they swell big they aren’t for me but they are very comfortable

InconLifer said:
Exercise or doing anything physical doesn't mix with plastic backed
IF you use the correct plastic backed diaper (such as the Total Dry Overnight)

(Even without Plastic Pants and a Onesie)

They can hold up all day *even during the most physical job requirements*, (which my job requires).

Every day I perform Excessive Walking, squatting, lifting, sweating, and of course, wetting.

All the while without clumping and breaking down my diaper, and without failing tapes or drooping/sagging.

Just to be safe though, I do also wear a Gary Wear Diaper cover, a Onesie, which allows me to tape the diaper more snug and less tight,

Allowing for the ultimate comfort, (while being totally protected.)

SENI Cloth backed diapers are also good using the Gary Wear + Onesie combination,

However, the tapes fail during extreme activity, (ripping off the wings entirely), or un-sticking from the landing zone, and unable to re-stick...

The cloth backed diapers also tend to "sweat", and to make matters worse your legs could experience chafing.

Since the Total Dry Overnights are back in stock, my life has became easier because I have the perfect daytime diaper I can trust.

TD Overnights also extremely comfortable and durable, the tapes are great, they have marked landing zones for a perfect fit every time, and they're thirsty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, InconLifer and moorey
Thank you that’s very helpful I’ll will get some samples or a pack

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy and diapeybabybrian
moorey said:
Sounds good are they a uk product
Yes they are !
Sorry I cannot remember where my wife buys them from other than I have a steady supply just arrives on a standing border.

They must be popular as I know a lot of places stock them.

moorey said:
Awesome advice a good insight
Have you ever tried Tykables Potty Monster huge amount of absorbent but they swell big they aren’t for me but they are very comfortable

No worries! Ultimately I'd echo what others have said and get some samples and see what works best. I've been burned by ordering too many of a product that didn't work for me before.

I haven't tried the Potty Monster. I really don't like the designs. However, it seems as though most Tykables products are just the same core product with a different design. The Tighty Whities have been a godsend as have the new boosters which stick in. However, availability is a huge issue on NRU these days. Was going to order some more boosters but they're already all out of stock. Tykables are the best plastic backed products in my opinion. I use a combo of them and Super Dry Kids when out and about as the SDK's are a bit less bulky so I can take two of each without bag space issues. Plus, two tape products are easier for my neuro issues if I have to change myself.

diapeybabybrian said:
IF you use the correct plastic backed diaper (such as the Total Dry Overnight)

(Even without Plastic Pants and a Onesie)

They can hold up all day *even during the most physical job requirements*, (which my job requires).

Every day I perform Excessive Walking, squatting, lifting, sweating, and of course, wetting.

All the while without clumping and breaking down my diaper, and without failing tapes or drooping/sagging.

Just to be safe though, I do also wear a Gary Wear Diaper cover, a Onesie, which allows me to tape the diaper more snug and less tight,

Allowing for the ultimate comfort, (while being totally protected.)

SENI Cloth backed diapers are also good using the Gary Wear + Onesie combination,

However, the tapes fail during extreme activity, (ripping off the wings entirely), or un-sticking from the landing zone, and unable to re-stick...

The cloth backed diapers also tend to "sweat", and to make matters worse your legs could experience chafing.

Since the Total Dry Overnights are back in stock, my life has became easier because I have the perfect daytime diaper I can trust.

TD Overnights also extremely comfortable and durable, the tapes are great, they have marked landing zones for a perfect fit every time, and they're thirsty.

To be fair, I haven't had product breakdown issues with plastic backed, I just really don't like how it feels and I've had skin issues (I'm really prone to skin issues these days).

Reactions: moorey
Has anyone mentioned Tena Slip Maxi? The active fit is my preference, not too bulky, but alas a bit noisy - if there's loud noise where you're working that may help! When I've worn out under clothes it's normally under tights to hold my nappy in a bit, that reduces noise too, but you could try cycling shorts. Add jeans on top and you'll cut out most of the noise, especially if you're wearing a waterproof coat. Good luck!

Reactions: Diprs2, LePew and moorey
Diapersntights said:
Has anyone mentioned Tena Slip Maxi? The active fit is my preference, not too bulky, but alas a bit noisy - if there's loud noise where you're working that may help! When I've worn out under clothes it's normally under tights to hold my nappy in a bit, that reduces noise too, but you could try cycling shorts. Add jeans on top and you'll cut out most of the noise, especially if you're wearing a waterproof coat. Good luck!
Thanks I’ll have a look, I wear a onesie and also the environment that I work in is noisy and my work uniform dose Russell’s too to noisy nappies aren’t a issue

Reactions: Diprs2 and Diapersntights
Constantlydamp said:
That’s my day time work nappy

Reactions: Diprs2, moorey and Constantlydamp
moorey said:
Hello everyone
2. 8/10 hrs working day
3. Odour control.

I was recommended Tena Proskin.
They are comfortable and reasonably priced
I wear them with rubber overpants. They last me all day, I garden in them, I am quite active in them and wear them out and about.
No odour that I notice.
As yet, they haven't let me down for, like you, I'm still adjusting to my situation.

Reactions: Diprs2, moorey and Js413blue
Back