Link between childhood bed wetting and adult incontinence

Status
Not open for further replies.
SoakedSheets said:
I'm not sure that childhood and adult bedwetting are different conditions. Some ppl grow out of it and some don't, and others stop and start again

I'm sure this is what happen with me. I was put on medication as a child so I didn't grow out of it and I started again 8 years ago.

This woke up some memories for me - so I hope you don't mind me posting this here.

I was a childhood bed wetter fairly late. It must have been a lot of washing for my Mum - who did everything by hand.

I had various treatments which I've forgotten and which didn't work - but I do remember the thing that "cured" me was an alarm that detected when you peed the bed - which used pads with a sheet between them and woke you up with a loud noise. It was always going off by itself and was a pretty bad experience - though I had agreed to it.

Anyway I suppose it did the trick and I've not wet the bed since. I do wake up and go to the bathroom several times a night though - but I don't think that is particularly uncommon.

I'd have hoped in these enlightened times and with availability of disposables - kids would have been allowed to grow out of bedwetting by themselves, if they are going to - but I just looked on the internet and I see they still use these alarms.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back