Leak Guards Tucked in Or out

BrokeBoy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hi all any experience with the leak guards do you tuck them inside or have them outside. Can’t find any info it’s a new diaper I’m using and it’s has a leak guard. Thanks all

Reactions: Edgewater, Cottontail and lillen
Leak guards naturally stand on the inside of the diaper on their own. Trying to pull them out from the inside of the leg elastics doesn't sound like it would end well 😅

If you unfold a diaper and gently "fluff" it, then leakguards normally "activate" on their own and are ready to use without any modifications. Hope this helps!

1000004940.jpg

Here's an example for you - I opened a diaper with blue leak guards so it's easier to see. Sometimes they come in different colors - white, pink, etc. As long as they look like they're "standing", they're ready to go!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MetalDan86, Binky151, Edgewater and 4 others
When unfolding a diaper run your fingers along both sides of the leg gaurds so they are standing upright
this is your best method to help prevent leaks out the sides
what diaper are you using?

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater, CLPP, baliebox4916 and 3 others
SparkyDog said:
When unfolding a diaper run your fingers along both sides of the leg gaurds so they are standing upright
this is your best method to help prevent leaks out the sides
what diaper are you using?
Thanks I’m using Sunkiss masterpiece atm. Just trying different ones

Reactions: Edgewater
JulestheFloof said:
Leak guards naturally stand on the inside of the diaper on their own. Trying to pull them out from the inside of the leg elastics doesn't sound like it would end well 😅

If you unfold a diaper and gently "fluff" it, then leakguards normally "activate" on their own and are ready to use without any modifications. Hope this helps!

View attachment 134607

Here's an example for you - I opened a diaper with blue leak guards so it's easier to see. Sometimes they come in different colors - white, pink, etc. As long as they look like they're "standing", they're ready to go!
That makes sense thanks for the detailed picture to show us

Reactions: Edgewater and JulestheFloof
BrokeBoy said:
Thanks I’m using Sunkiss masterpiece atm. Just trying different ones
That's an excellent diaper with tall leak gaurds
just make sure they arnt folded flat and you're good to go

one caveat make sure you are still peeing towards the centre / middle of the diaper
flow directly against leg gaurds can cause leaks but that's with any diaper

Reactions: Binky151, Edgewater and BrokeBoy
SparkyDog said:
That's an excellent diaper with tall leak gaurds
just make sure they arnt folded flat and you're good to go

one caveat make sure you are still peeing towards the centre / middle of the diaper
flow directly against leg gaurds can cause leaks but that's with any diaper
They have been pretty good tbh. A bit warm but they are doing the job well at night.

BrokeBoy said:
They have been pretty good tbh. A bit warm but they are doing the job well at night.
Yes diapers definitely make that area warmer
Try adding some extra powder in, might help a bit

• Love
Reactions: Binky151 and baliebox4916
SparkyDog said:
Yes diapers definitely make that area warmer
Try adding some extra powder in, might help a bit
Thanks I will all learning only recently started so any advice is appreciated.

Reactions: Edgewater and SparkyDog
BrokeBoy said:
That's the beauty of Adisc
tons of knowledge & experience to share

• Love
Reactions: theancientmariner
BrokeBoy said:
Always have powder. I use a lot. And baby wipes. Always have plenty of those too. Also if one of your tapes rips or something happens, it can always be fixed with duct tape.

Maybe I'm interpreting the question incorrectly, but: Always, after putting on a disposable diaper, I run my finger along the sides of the crotch and make sure the leak guards are tipped out, not in. Because of how they're glued at the ends of the diaper, they have a tendency in most diapers to tip inward by default, and for me this seems to increase the likelihood of a leak.

Below is my glorious attempt at a drawing in MS Paint. Black represents a butt. Blue represents diaper padding and leg cuffs. When I'm done taping a diaper, the leak guards are usually tipped in (red), but I tip them back out (green).

1713721958508.png

Last edited:
Reactions: BrokeBoy, nightfox320, Edgewater and 1 other person
Cottontail said:
Maybe I'm interpreting the question incorrectly, but: Always, after putting on a disposable diaper, I run my finger along the sides of the crotch and make sure the leak guards are tipped out, not in. Because of how they're glued at the ends of the diaper, they have a tendency in most diapers to tip inward by default, and for me this seems to increase the likelihood of a leak.

Below is my glorious attempt at a drawing in MS Paint. Black represents a butt. Blue represents diaper padding and leg cuffs. When I'm done taping a diaper, the leak guards are usually tipped in (red), but I tip them back out (green).

View attachment 134634
I was pretty sure the leak guards should be facing in like you have in red. Like they naturally do. This creates a barrier to stop liquid from getting past them. If they’re facing out (green) then liquid would push right pass them.

Reactions: Binky151
LePew said:
I was pretty sure the leak guards should be facing in like you have in red. Like they naturally do. This creates a barrier to stop liquid from getting past them. If they’re facing out (green) then liquid would push right pass them.
If you’re up, I don’t suppose it matters much because they’ll be “standing,” but if you’re sitting and they’re pressed flat, I’d expect having them pressed flat against saturated padding would increase the chance of something getting on top of them. But it may be down to body shape.

I find that a quick check before placing the diaper on is alway good practice. I always take the far front and far back and pull them a part, which causes the side guards to stand-up, which allows easy and visual verification that the guards a set and the diaper is ready to be place it!

Reactions: BrokeBoy, Binky151 and SparkyDog
Cottontail said:

View attachment 134634
This is an intriguing question. I think the lead guards probably need to be like you show them in green. I use Seni Quatros a lot for my bedwetting and the leak guards are automatically setup like the green ones in your picture from the factory.

Maybe I need to test them with the betterdry I use during the day. Do one with the leak guards activate but not pulled out and one with the leak guards activated and pulled out.

Cottontail said:

View attachment 134634
That seems to be how mine go as well

Back