Laurie Johnson R.I.P.

Sissyleslie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
I was sad to hear the death of the TV/film composer Laurie Johnson earlier this week. He is probably most famous for composing the theme to the classic 60's British TV series "The Avengers ".He also did the title music for "The Professionals" & "This is Your Life". (I didn't realise that he'd done the music for that classic Peter Sellers film "Dr Strangelove".)

His passing is ironic, as I have been watching old (colour) episodes of "The Avengers" on the Great!TV channel. (Patrick McNee & Diana Rigg had a great chemistry between them).

Last night's episode "Something Nasty in the Nursery " was interesting. A children's ball, covered in a psychedelic drug is used to make some high-ranking government officials regress back to childhood, hallucinating that they are children and back in the Nursery.

"The Avengers" is very much a product of the 60's , although it returned in the 1970s as "The New Avengers" and made Joanna Lumley a big star.

God rest your soul, John and thank you for giving us such iconic theme tunes.

"Mrs Peel, we're needed"...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and sissybaby34
Sorry! I got things a bit mixed up. It should have been " God rest your soul, Laurie " and NOT "God rest your soul, John".(I was getting mixed up with the Scottish actor in "Dad's Army" - Oops! 😟

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Back