Last night I noticed something

UnderTheRadar

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
So last night I was tired, laying down trying to sleep

I would drift off and kinda twitch...when I did I would sorta half wake up... And I could feel myself wetting a little, it felt like my bladder was relaxing as a drifted off, then clenching up as I woke back up. this happened at least 6 times before I finally fell asleep all the way.

Around 4 am I woke up with a very full diaper...

What was I witnessing?

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Sounds like bladder spasms
have you spoken to your doctor / urologist?

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Diprs2 and Edgewater
SparkyDog said:
Sounds like bladder spasms
have you spoken to your doctor / urologist?
Nope. It was just odd... I doubt I'll chat with the doctor... I'd rather not .

Reactions: Diprs2
Ok, i still recommend it
but that's your decision of course

SparkyDog said:
Ok, i still recommend it
but that's your decision of course
I don't like doctors...

fair
we can't give medical advice on here

SparkyDog said:
fair
we can't give medical advice on here
Yeah not needing advice... Just curious..m it doesn't bother me, just never noticed it before

Usually I go right to sleep and sleep like a rock... But this was kinda in and out... Who knows, could have been going on a while and I didn't notice

You define yourself as IC, which implies you have lost some level of continence! Along with that comes the loss of an important indicator of developing or beginning of problems with several organs and/or illnesses! Many of which can be life changing.

Those of us who are incontinent have developed a relationship with our GP and/or Urologist and visit them at the minimum of once each year. During which, a full spectrum blood testing commonly occur.

It is your choice, just understand that there are strong reasons why the majority of us keep close tabs on changes in our IC habits and react to anything out of normal.

As so well stated above, its your choice, whether you visit or not, but understand that this will be a common reaction from IC peers.

Reactions: Diprs2, IncontinentBro, sledder23 and 2 others
Edgewater said:
As so well stated above, its your choice, whether you visit or not, but understand that this will be a common reaction from IC peers.
thank you I do appreciate it... And I know I should spend more time around doctors, I just have never been too comfortable with them... It seems like they're always pushing this pill and that pill and surgeries that aren't necessarily needed

Perfect example is about 3 years ago My doctor said that my blood pressure was a little high and my cholesterol, and a bunch of other things and he immediately went to wanting to put me on medications for these things... Some of these that would have ended up being pretty well lifelong

I told him no... And that very next day I hopped on my bicycle and started writing 30 minutes every morning as hard as I absolutely could... And it was torment... But within about two or three weeks I was up to an hour and pushing way faster and way harder

I came back in for a checkup after 3 months and he said all my levels looked looked great

Interestingly enough even though people had commented that I had slimmed down quite a bit over those few weeks... The doctor said my weight had actually went up slightly, only a pound or two but it was an interesting observation

I've seen many things like this with doctors and as a result I'm just very cautious and apprehensive when it comes to doctors

Sometimes I think the lot we have in life is just what it is... And sometimes the medication creates more problems

But I guess you're saying that there could be underlying things that I'm just not aware of... And that makes sense I may need to keep that in mind

But my experience with bedwetting throughout my life has been that it just kind of comes and goes... And while I'm not happy about it it just seems more of a mild annoyance than anything

Reactions: Diprs2 and furry121
That's great
most doctors prescribe stuff because things that can be fixed with exercise people want a pill
but generally IC isn't something that can be fixed by exercises besides pelvic floor training

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and UnderTheRadar
Agree with what Sparky and Edge have said. IC is your body saying something is not right. If you don’t like your doc, I’d recommend finding another.

I also like your approach to do everything possible to correct your health naturally. In this case you’ll probably need a doctors advice and input to figure out what to correct. It took me a long while to get to the cause of my IC, and have since made lifestyle changes to improve my health… so far without pills or surgery. Definitely recommend finding a doc you trust.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jorelaxed, Edgewater and 1 other person
Welcome to the no-where-land where one's numbers slide between being concerning and being okay.
It sucks, but you should understand that you represent a small group (welcome onboard) that floats in this in between land. The reality is that it is also a deadly place to be as there are afflictions (like Diabetes) that being in this zone is problematic as organs can be effected even when just below the kind of okay level.

My point is simple, your IC can and does hide notifications. Also, the fact that you are inconsistent regarding your IC should be telling you something regarding your body and/or mind!!

Keep-up your healthier lifestyle, there is no question that it helps.

To your question; Even when we are sleeping (regardless of level) our minds are still busy working. Communication between it and your bladder is active and it is likely that you witnessed some of that ongoing activity, the long locked in effects of 'Potty Training' and whatever is effecting your IC. Consider a physical restart of your process of going to bed. It can help!

Reactions: Diprs2 and UnderTheRadar
Back