Language Speakers \o/

ThatHiddenDL

There are, in fact, flamingos.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I'm somewhat of a linguist. Other than English I speak Japanese pretty fluently and am a passive speaker of Spanish.
ehhem: French, German, Swedish, Mandarin, Classical Chinese, Korean, Koine Greek, Turkish, Hindi, Hebrew, Tagalog, Tibetan, Sanskrit, Italian, I'm just looking at my bookshelf at this point . . . Just a few of my language interests lol. Anyone else a language lover?

• Love
Reactions: Lyokodl
Language lover? No.
Language professional? Maybe.
Fluent in French and English and notions in German, Chinese and Spanish.

English and German (used to be a German Technical Translator in the UK forces).

I'm a hardcore language lover that is fluent in both Spanish and English. I know basic to intermediate French and also have a great deal of interest in Italian, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Finnish, and Arabic.

Last edited:
Lyokodl said:
Italian, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Finnish, and Arabic.

Fun choices :D ... You should take a look at Tibetan. Its grammar is very similar to Japanese and Korean, but the orthography is painful.

Reactions: Lyokodl
I like language quite a bit, English being my first. I'm currently learning Japanese and am somewhat fluent in Spanish.

I suppose I'm a bit of the odd man out, here; my interest isn't so much in specific languages as language as a whole. I like looking into how different languages are structured, how they do or don't indicated concepts and relationships, and so on. Mostly, it started when I decided, lo these very many moons past, to create a language of my own and fell into the ConLang abyss.

Traemo said:
I suppose I'm a bit of the odd man out, here; my interest isn't so much in specific languages as language as a whole. I like looking into how different languages are structured, how they do or don't indicated concepts and relationships, and so on. Mostly, it started when I decided, lo these very many moons past, to create a language of my own and fell into the ConLang abyss.

I'm the same way. I love to learn about the grammar of a language. It's so interesting to see the similarities and differences between languages.

I currently live in South Wales (UK) and whilst I don't speak very much welsh at all, listening to it, it appears to have Germanic roots. I also studied Latin whilst at school but have forgotten most of it now.

ANSI C, C++, C#, Java, Java Script, HTML, XML, XHTML, ASPX, VB, Perl, Python, JPython, CMD, PowerShell, csh, bash, Pascal, Modula-2, BASIC, LISP, COBOL, FORTRAN 77, makefile, msbuild.

IF (computer nerd == true)
{
LIKE post;
}

PS: Don't forget the semi! 😎

• Haha
Reactions: ThatHiddenDL
lol

Back