King Charles coronation

MarineJohn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Looking at pictures of the people waiting for the ceremony. Given the age of most attending and setting up 5 hours before it even begins make me wonder how many of them wore diapers today?

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: Kirisin, chrischrischris and Jorelaxed
I'm pretty sure more than one wore "nappies" very discretely, in 5 hours my bladder would have bursted open.😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Reactions: MarineJohn and chrischrischris
In 5 hours my Nappy would be leaking so badly !

My Tykables last me at least 12 hours.

Lol. Watched this with my wife as well.
Her: Imagine getting a stomach ache in there?

Me: That would be a nightmare. They probably took laxatives and got cleaned out before.

Her: for sure, but still!

Afterwords they probably all ran for the “loo” but where do you accommodate 2000 dignitaries in an old church? So maybe a nappied crowd was a possibility.

I think it’s very likely that some of the people would have taken the precaution of wearing a nappy or pull-up of some sort ‘just in case’. I was half-watching the coverage with a small group of people at a classic car event yesterday, and a couple of people commented along the lines of ‘I couldn’t go that long without the loo’ to which someone replied ‘I expect some of them are wearing nappies’.

I think more people than you imagine now wear some sort of protection to potentially ‘difficult situations’ - not necessarily intending to use them, but just in case even though they remain dry.

Reactions: Kirisin
It's hard to tell, but some kind of protection seems to have been worn by kids in fancy clothes for a long time.
The short pants, dresses and elastication of the 20thC allowed for a quick trip behind a bush, but some fancy pants and shorts had plastic linings beyond toddler-size.
I remember a royal nanny being asked about this on telly, back when Willy was a baby/toddler (discussing mainly his wearing traditional nappies within the context of the then new disposable nappy-age and the accompanying new clothing cuts) and she got a bit embarrassed by the question and just sidestepped it with a trailing-off "well, you know..." as the host then saved her 🤭

The issue also came up, at some point over the years, in regard to security, especially after Mountbatten.

Probably correct Mikey, three hours is long enough for me and if there are no wc's at hand it just plays on the mind and makes the urge worse. If not wearing you curse yourself for your own lack of foresight and if wearing the temptation to wet at the slightest sign from your bladder. I didn't watch yesterday was far too busy with other things.

I think Queen Camilla messed her diaper during the coronation.

Back