Just need a little encouragement

TeeMousy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
So yesterday was my free day and I was doing my usual routine. I always like to stop at the thrift store just to see what I can find. I had told myself before I went in not to buy any stuffies because I just got a nice one for my birthday and I tend to have hoarding tendencies anyway.
But when I get there they had a really cool looking large tiger. I was so tempted to get him but I talked myself out of it because I really don’t have the space for him right now anyway so I figured I would leave him for the next lucky person. I try to be frugal with my money and not spend it all on myself for unnecessary things.
So later when I met a friend of mine I told him I was pleased with myself for not buying an unnecessary item I wanted. I figured he would agree with me because he is very good at managing money. But to my surprise he said I should have bought it lol. He even encouraged me to go back today and get it. So I went over there and of course it was gone. I ended up buying a something else I didn’t need though just because I was feeling bad I didn’t get what I came there for.
So now I’m just feeling down. I know eventually I will get over it but for right now it sucks. ☹️

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, BBBen, ItsyBitsyBabySara and 1 other person
I'm sorry you lost out on your tiger. There have been a number of times I waited on buying something only to discover the price had significantly increased causing me to not buy it. When I bought a pair of the just released Elac Debut 6.2 speakers, they were $150.00 for the pair. Now they sell for $400.00 a pair.

• Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and TeeMousy
Thanks. Wow, that’s quite a jumping price. That really does me crazy when I miss out on a good deal.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
dogboy said:
I'm sorry you lost out on your tiger. There have been a number of times I waited on buying something only to discover the price had significantly increased causing me to not buy it. When I bought a pair of the just released Elac Debut 6.2 speakers, they were $150.00 for the pair. Now they sell for $400.00 a pair.
Is that MSRP going up or ebay prices because they are sold out? I don't pay any attention to scalper prices.

• Wow
I feel like you used proper judgement when you made your decision the first time not to purchase. You looked at your circumstances and it didnt feel right so you didn't do it. Dont feel ashamed for that, its called being self dependent.

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, artemisenterri, ARBBB2 and 1 other person
Diapertoddler said:
I feel like you used proper judgement when you made your decision the first time not to purchase. You looked at your circumstances and it didnt feel right so you didn't do it. Dont feel ashamed for that, its called being self dependent.
Thank you I knew in my head. It felt like the right decision but sometimes my emotions get the best of me. I forget how codependent I can be on other peoples reactions as to how my emotions are going to be.

TeeMousy said:
Thank you I knew in my head. It felt like the right decision but sometimes my emotions get the best of me. I forget how codependent I can be on other peoples reactions as to how my emotions are going to be.
Can happen to many of us with how we get caught up with our own lives and it effects our emotions, then add someone with cheerful positive energy rather it fits our situation or not it seems we will generally go in that direction. Take care friend.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and TeeMousy
I'd have to say well done for being a good boy and thinking things through. I have a kinda rule myself when I see things like that, something that doesn't have a serious use or purpose but I just would like and don't really need. Basically unless I have the cash to throw away and not cause a problem I'll leave it and set a time to go back (might be later in the day might be a day or 2 or a week or after payday etc.) and if it's still there it was meant to be mine if it's not then it wasn't meant to be.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, artemisenterri and TeeMousy
Belarin said:
I'd have to say well done for being a good boy and thinking things through. I have a kinda rule myself when I see things like that, something that doesn't have a serious use or purpose but I just would like and don't really need. Basically unless I have the cash to throw away and not cause a problem I'll leave it and set a time to go back (might be later in the day might be a day or 2 or a week or after payday etc.) and if it's still there it was meant to be mine if it's not then it wasn't meant to be.

Thank you, that is a good rule to have.

LittleAndAlone said:
Is that MSRP going up or ebay prices because they are sold out? I don't pay any attention to scalper prices.
That's a good question. I'll have to investigate.

Back