Jeff Bezos 😛

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrankyPants

A wee brat who likes his binky, sippy and dips.
Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
What a brilliant guy!

Last edited:
Reactions: dous
Actually a quite simple idea - he just got in to it at the right time.
HOWEVER - good for him for making all the money off a simple idea, no problem with that at all - BUT since he was that fortunate, what is the problem with paying a fair tax rate (relative to income) so it could really help those not that lucky (most)?

Reactions: KrankyPants and BobbiSueEllen
I work for Amazon. He's a douchebag.

• Haha
Reactions: SecrertSissy, chiaochai, SpankyUnicorn and 9 others
I think he's the epitome of cult-of-personality narcissism, greed and under-the-radar slavery. Given half the chance, he'd single-handedly run this country, just like I'm sure Gates, Buffet, Soros and Hollywood would...if they could.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Peesalot, SecrertSissy, KrankyPants and 10 others
Ironically, if you read some of the stories from Amazon delivery drivers, he's forced more adults into diapers than most nursing home attendants.

Reactions: SecrertSissy, SpankyUnicorn, Zeke and 4 others
I've had two Amazon drivers drop off parcels at my place: both have said they're afraid of losing their jobs because they're getting pushed harder and harder. Kinda reminds me of how WW2 Soviet army officers issued one rifle to two soldiers: when the rifle-bearer got shot, the second guy got the rifle...and if any soldier retreated, they were shot from behind by Soviets with machine guns.

To the consumer, Amazon is amazin'...but the employees seem to think differently. :unsure: :cry:

• Love
Reactions: SecrertSissy, Zeke, Paddy2020 and 1 other person
BobbiSueEllen said:
I think he's the epitome of cult-of-personality narcissism, greed and under-the-radar slavery. Given half the chance, he'd single-handedly run this country, just like I'm sure Gates, Buffet, Soros and Hollywood would...if they could.
You are one of the very few that knows this! It’s a shame that not to many people are aware of their danger to society.

Reactions: Zeke and Paddy2020
BobbiSueEllen said:
I've had two Amazon drivers drop off parcels at my place: both have said they're afraid of losing their jobs because they're getting pushed harder and harder. Kinda reminds me of how WW2 Soviet army officers issued one rifle to two soldiers: when the rifle-bearer got shot, the second guy got the rifle...and if any soldier retreated, they were shot from behind by Soviets with machine guns.

To the consumer, Amazon is amazin'...but the employees seem to think differently. :unsure: :cry:
Of you are on the receiving and pack lines and stow or picking you're on a rate. If you don't hit the rates you are verbally coached and if you continue you will be written up and if you still can't hit rate you could get terminated. Also, if you have TOT, (time off task) for a couple of hours it is a written warning. Do it again, you're walked out. Time off task is accumulated by the computer over a period of time during the day. They keep track of you on the computer and they know what you are doing. There are cameras everywhere. You can't pick your nose without them knowing it. It really is run like a concentration camp.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Zeke, Sapphyre, nwm and 1 other person
The only thing that matters to the Amazon managers is money and numbers. Not the employees.

Reactions: Zeke, nwm and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
Damn, there is just no emoji awesome enough for your post.

Reactions: Zeke, Paddy2020, nwm and 1 other person
Why are you people so hard on the closest thing we have to Lex Luthor in this timeline? (this is sarcasm).

• Haha
Reactions: Zeke, Paddy2020, dous and 2 others
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: SpankyUnicorn, Zeke, tiny and 2 others
ade said:
A better petition would have been to launch him and all of his buddies into the sun.

• Love
Reactions: Zeke, BobbiSueEllen and Paddy2020
Overall Amazon is a horrible place to work. The managers blow you off when you talk to them. They lie to you openly and to your face. They only care about numbers. During last year we were told we were only shipping out essentials for living. That was a HUGE lie. We shipped out EVERYTHING. It didn't matter what it was. They tried to give the impression that they cared about the employees well being. When in truth the only thing they cared about was numbers and how much money Bezos was getting.

Thank God I may be going on Social Security soon. The insurance is good at Amazon and they pay not too bad. That's the only reason I'm still there. Otherwise I just go in and do my job and leave when my shift is over. It is a very unhappy place and a dead end place. The employee turnover is horrific. When I see Jeff Bezos in the news it makes me sick. He literally got where he is off the backs of others and could care less about others. If he goes into space hopefully someone will usher him out the airlock and make him more space junk orbiting the earth.

Reactions: Zeke and BobbiSueEllen
Literally all Jeff would need to do is pay his workers a fair wage and give leniency for deliveries/bathroom breaks/whatever. Obviously the scheduling at the warehouse is terrible.

Heaven forbid my Amazon driver take five minutes longer to deliver my package because he had to stop somewhere and pee. Or maybe twenty minutes longer because he pulled over for a snack and drink from the cooler in his car... at least I know he's healthy and happy.

But no, instead the employees get cameras in their cars and mismanaged by people who don't care. Capitalism, everybody! It only fails because the people with the money fail to make good choices.

Reactions: Zeke, nwm and BobbiSueEllen
I drove trucks for Amazon for 2 weeks then I quit

Reactions: SpankyUnicorn, nwm, Paddy2020 and 2 others
NinjaPizza said:
Capitalism, everybody! It only fails because the people with the money fail to make good choices.
No...they just want more, and they'll take it any way they can. If this is how they act as president of a corporation, imagine them as President of this country. Many of them would try for that, given half a chance. And then God help us all.

"And then President Springsteen fired everybody." --future Binkley to present-day Binkley, Bloom County comic strip :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeke, nwm and Paddy2020
BobbiSueEllen said:
"And then President Springsteen fired everybody." --future Binkley to present-day Binkley, Bloom County comic strip
Opus the Penguin and Bill the Cat... I miss those guys.

• Love
Reactions: nwm and BobbiSueEllen
As much as I dislike Bezos I do have to admit I’m an avid Amazon shopper. Long before the Wuhan virus struck I was buying much of what I need from Amazon. I wasn’t going out much and for a homebody like me Amazon is an enabler. The convenience of picking up your phone and placing an order becomes quite habit forming. I was even foolish enough to be suckered into their Prime scam for a year or two. Gates, Bezos, and many others disgust me as human beings but I still find myself patronizing the monopolies that they began.

Reactions: Jbo and Hockeyczar
Hockeyczar said:
A better petition would have been to launch him and all of his buddies into the sun.
Even Wally Funk's going!
Dustin Hoffman declined the trip when he found out that it was zero grab-a-titty.
🤪

• Wow
Reactions: Hockeyczar, Paddy2020 and BobbiSueEllen
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back