I’ve beaten diaper rash

Hakanloaim

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I had diaper rash for month and didn’t know how to get rid of it. It was impossible to wear diapers for too long without getting a very itchy groin. The worst episodes involved blood due to scratching. This is now over!

I tried different products including diaper changing cream (with or without zinc), hydrating cream, and something against mycosis, without any noticeable effect. It started to get better once I began to use wipes instead of washing in the bathroom. I fully healed after using a new hydrating cream on a regular basis. The cream is Cerave, which I discovered with a guy on YouTube who made a video about it. My skin is still pretty fragile so I expect to still get itchy for some time. I can now wear diapers normally.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiaperDiva and Jorelaxed
Hakanloaim said:
I had diaper rash for month and didn’t know how to get rid of it. It was impossible to wear diapers for too long without getting a very itchy groin. The worst episodes involved blood due to scratching. This is now over!

I tried different products including diaper changing cream (with or without zinc), hydrating cream, and something against mycosis, without any noticeable effect. It started to get better once I began to use wipes instead of washing in the bathroom. I fully healed after using a new hydrating cream on a regular basis. The cream is Cerave, which I discovered with a guy on YouTube who made a video about it. My skin is still pretty fragile so I expect to still get itchy for some time. I can now wear diapers normally.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Ooooh, definitely going to try it out as I wear 24/7 and you can imagine the skin care I have to do to avoid fungal and and skin irritation.
Thanks Hakanloaim.

When you ask people what is the biggest organ in your body, you will find most people will say it is the Liver or Lungs, which is correct for internal organs. But your skin is the BIGGEST organ and is very important in keeping you healthy!

Many things outside of your body are harmful to you, such as bacteria, yeast and viruses, and chemicals that can hurt your body and the skin does a great job keeping all that out.

However, when the skin is injured, it is possible that these things that the skin keeps out will cause an infection and jeopardize your health!

So what causes rashes? Well, Multiple things can cause rashes, such as simply a liquid too long on the skin, which softens the skin and makes it weak, Such as if you stay in a bathtub too long and see your skin change on your fingers and get all rankle up. The skin can be easily injured versus when it is dry. (Just a side note – Diapers have a gel in them that is embedded in the diaper, and when it gets in contact with water, it draws all the liquid to it (it swells up, which makes the diaper bigger) and draws away from the skin to keep the skin dry) However, if it gets oversaturated liquid pools next to the skin.

The urine on the skin is sterile, meaning no bacteria or yeast infection agents. The bacteria and yeast is already on the skin; if not properly cleaned when it gets wet from multiple accidents, it can cause very bad rashes.

I am sure the majority are experts dealing with rashes. However, because of new circumstances are dealing with this issue for the first time.

So here is some helpful advice.

I find the best thing you can do is keep clean and dry. I know that the majority do this. However, changing seasons and getting warmer may be necessary to make more frequent changes to keep the skin healthy. When rashes start forming, cleaning should be done gently and with mild soap (Dove) and water. Don't clean too much with soap or commercial wipes. They can dry out the skin and irritate it. (Smearing on ointments without washing isn't enough.) After gently washing, pat the skin dry and keep the diaper off for at least 15 minutes. Apply an ointment that contains zinc oxide to the rash. You might try powder which helps the skin stay drier and lubricates the skin so there is less friction.

Attachments

• thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Jorelaxed
Back