It’s a good thing that I’m not on any other social media!

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
As much time as I spend on the ADISC forum, or checking it for responses, it’s a good thing that I haven’t gotten involved with any other social media. Between the internet and my TV I spend altogether too much time staring at a video screen and far too little time out enjoying nature. How many of you out there have this same weakness?

Last edited:
Reactions: denimchicken, TrashPanda01, NappiedTruckDriver and 1 other person
I just returned from a ride on my motorcycle. I tell ya, there's nothing like New England in the fall.
Crisp air, foliage and bulky clothing to conceal what ever you need to conceal. I stopped at a
Dunk's near the end of my ride and out of about a dozen people inside, I was the only one
not on my phone. Sometimes it's healthy to disconnect.

Reactions: denimchicken
BuffedBaby said:
I just returned from a ride on my motorcycle. I tell ya, there's nothing like New England in the fall.
Crisp air, foliage and bulky clothing to conceal what ever you need to conceal. I stopped at a
Dunk's near the end of my ride and out of about a dozen people inside, I was the only one
not on my phone. Sometimes it's healthy to disconnect.
You’ve got to watch out for dead leaves covering the road when you’re carving a turn on backroads this time of year though. I learned that lesson the hard way on a friend’s bike one night almost 50 years ago coming into a wooded area on a town road that was heavy with leaves. Fortunately I had developed the reflexes that I had from a lot of dirt bike riding when I was younger. This saved my low side leg as it was up on the tank before the bike was sliding down the road and it happened so quickly that I didn’t even remember doing it. Those leaves are every bit as slippery as gravel or sand on the road or railroad tracks, especially angled tracks, are to a bike (especially if they’re wet).

Last edited:
Reactions: denimchicken, chamberpot and LaLoneDigi
They used to say that television was one of the worst inventions ever, for "making" people stay indoors, and "corrupting" children. This has probably now been overtaken by social media, and video games.

I have a hobby which gets me outside regularly: taking drone photos, whenever the weather is right. It gets me outdoors, and makes me very aware of weather. At this time of year, the right weather is harder to come by, but I seize the opportunity whenever it looks good. I also like long walks, even in bad weather.

(At my church, somebody often uses the words "this filthy day" (i.e. rainy) when praying, which is somewhat ironic, when so many songs of praise are about weather and nature.)

Back