It might be time to change the ABDL Name ?

ozzy4605

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
It might be time to change the ABDL Name to something like, ALS, (Adult Little's Space) or ALT, (Adult Little's Time) ? and leve the ABDL name to those who have already dragged it into the mud. What name would you think would represent us better?

Reactions: Deleted member 76584, littledreamers333, TinyBunny and 1 other person
It's not perfect as it is, but it's fine.

I have almost no interest in most babyish things other than maybe a bottle of milk once in a blue moon after a really shitty day. I'm totally flummoxed by littlespace or "age-re"(???), and it kind of freaked me out to witness before. But, I'm happy we're all part of the same diaper team even though I don't really understand the AB side for the most part.

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, ShyGirl91, BobbiSueEllen and 8 others
I like the term ABDL and don't see a reason to change it.

Reactions: dbcl92, Teddy, Deleted member 74829 and 12 others
One of the hosts for Comedy Central's The Daily Show was saying that many derogatory names started out as being politically correct and over time were turned into derogatory names. One example was the use of moron which after being misused, became retarded and now, Intellectually challenged. He said it was just a matter of time when intellectually challenged would become derogatory.

No matter what you call AB/DL, it will become a negative term to the majority of people simply because they don't understand why continent people would want to wear and use diapers.

Reactions: CodyBaby, boostergold, LiddleBigBoy and 15 others
Actually, I was just pondering that either this morning or yesterday. I thought about anything but "Adult Baby Diaper Lover" when driving, thinking about an innocent Tshirt that displayed some kind of emblem or innocent reference to not embitter the concept of having a diaper on with the general public, but I drifted to other thoughts.

I would like it to be better understood as to what go's on in the ABDL Community worldwide, and the one thing i want to see changed and to get thrue some peoples thick heads is that, WE DO NOT SEXUALISE MINORS, WE NEVER HAVE, AND WE NEVER WILL, if people will just understand that, then we can start to come out of the shadows and start to live our lives without all the negative press that surround the ABDL community.

Reactions: Ian16545, CookieMonstah, ShyGirl91 and 5 others
ozzy4605 said:
I would like it to be better understood as to what go's on in the ABDL Community worldwide
I doubt even anyone here would want to know the number of times I failed to get a diaper pregnant.

Otherwise, it's like that men in black line... A person is smart, people are dumb panicky animals. It's awkward to talk about it with a friend or something, but one on one non-family I've never had even a grossed out / bad reaction.

• Thinking
Reactions: LiddieBear, Seasonedcitizen, BobbiSueEllen and 3 others
ozzy4605 said:
It might be time to change the ABDL Name to something like, ALS, (Adult Little's Space) or ALT, (Adult Little's Time) ? and leve the ABDL name to those who have already dragged it into the mud. What name would you think would represent us better?
that covers the AB space but what about DL who arnt AB or into little space / time?

• Thinking
Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, Riddy, LiddieBear and 2 others
but that kinda leaves out the DL side of things. i dont find myself in little space very often if ever

• Thinking
Reactions: Seabear, LiddleBigBoy, Seasonedcitizen and 3 others
I think little or age regressor might be the best names to replace the AB side of ABDL. It does leave out DL however. I dont think DL should be changed since it already sounds good as is.

My big concern is that it might split the whole community in half. Which is fine if you're strictly on one side of the camp, but not so fine if you like a bit of both.

• Thinking
Reactions: ruach, TeeMousy, ozzy4605 and 1 other person
ShyBoo81 said:
I think little or age regressor might be the best names to replace the AB side of ABDL. It does leave out DL however. I dont think DL should be changed since it already sounds good as is.

My big concern is that it might split the whole community in half. Which is fine if you're strictly on one side of the camp, but not so fine if you like a bit of both.
The only other DL term that's remotely close, tad more extreme is diapersexual sooo i feel like it needs to be diversified a bit more.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and ShyBoo81
How about “Paraphilic infantilism” or perhaps “autonepiophilia”? oh wait, those have already been assigned to it.

Personally, I prefer the term adult baby / diaper lover over some other scientific sounding terms.

I agree with what some others have said, there isn’t going to be a term that isn’t eventually not liked or becomes a negative term as when others not in the community start hating against it.

Let’s not try to change a name just for the sake of thinking it will better “fit” who we are.

One could argue against using the term “cowboy” as the term cattle producer or rancher is more appropriate. But I will still be a cowboy, no matter what you call me!

Reactions: dogboy, puddlefeet, TeeMousy and 4 others
Well how about just separate DL and AB because I think that might work better

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
We have had countless similar discussions on r/nevergrewup honestly, although with different terms ofc. I never liked the term ABDL to be honest, plus it has too much negativity associated with it. There was similar drama with the term transage too, although that word is used by much fewer people and for a different thing obviously.
  • Paraphilic infantilism and autonepiophilia imply sexuality, which is not the case for everyone.
  • Personally I hate the term AB, because I hate being called adult and I'm also not a baby ^-^
  • DL doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it, but I don't identify as a DL per se so I'm not a good judge for that.
  • I like the terms agere and age-regression because they're accurate and based in actual psychology. But the agere community tends to be very gatekeeping and especially wary of DLs and even the slightest hint of healthy sexuality.
  • I can see myself as a padded age-regressor or a Little. I definitely like the term little, but I can see how it is confusing and mean different things for different people.

• Thinking
Reactions: mistykitty, ShyBoo81 and ozzy4605
SparkyDog said:
that covers the AB space but what about DL who arnt AB or into little space / time?
How about the new name ADLLS (Adult Diaper Lovers & Little's Space) or ADLLT (Adult Diaper Lovers & Little's Time) ?

Last edited:
I Saw someone on here call themself a DA, diaper appreciator and was like hell yeah man you do you! i honestly find that more accurate when youre first getting into the DL stuff

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: denimchicken, ShyBoo81, TeeMousy and 2 others
I don’t like the term DL, just seems weird to me. But ABDL is so established now I think there’s no hope at all of changing it.

Reactions: TeeMousy
Sealander said:
I don’t like the term DL, just seems weird to me.
I thought about that too. Last night, though, I was thinking... Well, "Love" doesn't necessarily mean sexual feelings, it's just what everyone assumes at first. I "love" wearing diapers all the time, but only once in a while want to "make love" with them I guess. And that's a sliding scale depending on who you ask from never making love with a diaper and just love wearing them, or just wear them to make love with them and don't really love wearing them in general at all otherwise.

There's probably a better word for perception, but "diaper lover" really does cover everything in a blunt meat fisted kind of way.

Reactions: Cutiedan83, ElPulpo, TeeMousy and 1 other person
ozzy4605 said:
I would like it to be better understood as to what go's on in the ABDL Community worldwide, and the one thing i want to see changed and to get thrue some peoples thick heads is that, WE DO NOT SEXUALISE MINORS, WE NEVER HAVE, AND WE NEVER WILL, if people will just understand that, then we can start to come out of the shadows and start to live our lives without all the negative press that surround the ABDL community.

I don't think that there is much public appetite to understand what we are into.

That's on top of our being a broad church and spending a lot of time not understanding ourselves as a group and as individuals.

The capitalised text is particularly important but raises two issues:
Firstly changing a name just adds scope for confusion, it is unlikely to be able to correct lazy and alarmist assumptions.
Secondly, as with most groupings of people, there are people who share our interest who do unfortunately hold upsetting attitudes towards children. Changing the name and pretending it is not the case does not address this reality and a head in the sand will always leave one exposed.

• Thinking
Reactions: ozzy4605, lucaD, mistykitty and 1 other person
ABDL works, no sense to divide the community over a general term. If people want to rebrand themselves and come up with new terms, they have that right, but to alter a term that has already been picked by the community is odd. If a person feels that term doesn’t work for them and feels the need to classify them selves as some sub term why not? However, I’m curious what the drive is to be labeled and live in a box, I’m human, I’m dynamic and no label works for me, as I’m me, I’m not some predefined definition of a societal term. I wish people luck on their journey to label them self’s.

Reactions: denimchicken, MrDucky, mistykitty and 1 other person
Back