Is it wrong to be okay with bedwetting

Pantyman said:
My wife absolutely hates it
To bad she hates your bedwetting and using a diaper. I'm not a bedwetter, I'm simply an IC person. My partner acknowledges that I have U-IC and F-IC (including while sleeping). She knows that I'm diaper dependent and has accepted my IC before we started sleeping together. She doesn't complain.

Before you became a bedwetter, did she always hate you wearing a diaper? I would think most non-IC partners don't like ABDL activities. Of course there are exceptions but most don't enjoy it. I'd suggest getting her to come with you at a doctor's appointment. It might help (or not).

Bedwetting or IC is always a complication in any relationship. I would think that being a DL you should have had some sort of acceptance with your partner. If not they wouldn't be here in the first place.

Reactions: Diprs2
Pantyman said:
I'm 64. I when thru a faze where I would wake 3 or 4 times a night to pee. Combined with restless legs I only had a few hours of broken sleep. Over the past year I have had several prescriptions changes but I have a side effect of occasional bedwetting. So Currently I wear diapers to bed. Actually I enjoy the feeling of the diaper when going to bed. Being diapered I'm protected when I wet while sleeping. But lately if I wake having to pee I just relax and pee my diaper and go back to sleep. My wife absolutely hates it but I love a good night sleep. And waking to a warm wet swollen diaper isn't bad either.
Personally I think whether it’s wrong or not depends on the person and their circumstances. If I find a diaper that I trust for that reason and fits within my budget I would would do exactly what you so. But I’m single. If I was married I might feel differently because I would want to take her feelings into account.
I hope you and your wife can come to an agreement on this matter.

Reactions: AttilaThePun and Diprs2
Edgewater said:
Not so, as in the Incontinent Forum there are several folks that will clearly define "Real World" acceptance. Those who are 24/7, real world IC, define what they are faced with everyday. Other areas of ADISC, that likely depends of the question
I hear what you are saying but recognize that people who haven’t experienced IC may judge IC less fairly.

• Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and diaperdude
Wetshisbed said:
My doctor had the right attitude. "Bedwetting is only a laundry problem, it's hardly life threatening"
I agree with your doctor. I went to a doctor many decades ago in my 20s when my significant other at the time was fed up with my bedwetting. The doctor I saw was an older European man and I told him that I thought my bedwetting was mainly caused by drinking he said I should deal with it by stopping drinking or if that didnt work by wearing a diaper. I asked him if it was normal to still have nighttime wetting in my 20s and he responded "What's normal?" and then went on to tell me that it only took my bladder 25 to 30 seconds to empty in my sleep and that I was completely normal for the other seven or eight hours I was sleeping.

Reactions: Diprs2, BobbiSueEllen and nectar0001
Reminds me of a line from the movie Tombstone when doc Holiday tells Wyatt, "there's no such thing as a normal life, there's just life.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2 and BobbiSueEllen
Bombyx said:
Your sloth is a sin and you should be ashamed. Just kidding. But for serious, if you want to know what is acceptable to the general population, this is probably not the best place to ask…
True enough. As for you first line I think some still have this attitude. Like a lot of people my age (60+) I was shamed for bedwetting when I was young. Now that Im old dont feel ashamed about it at all. When I was in hospital before the pandemic a young orderly who came into the room after a nurse asked him to change me in the morning asked me "Cant you get up during the night to pee?" He saw me walking the previous day although I walk with a lot of difficulty due to a genetic muscle and movement disorder. When I do try to get out of bed it often takes me 10 minutes or more to do so, while I try to stand on my legs, get my balance and walk. Ive been told when in hospital not to try to get up at night to go to the bathroom due to the risk of falling. And even though they give you a pee container with a handle its almost impossible to use it if your wearing a diaper. I responded to the young orderly by telling him that I could get up if I knew 10 or 15 minutes before it happened that my bladder was going to let me know I need to pee. He started to respond "Oh sorry, I didnt mean..." and I stopped him and told him not to worry. I was in a neuro ward where fresh diapers were stacked on shelf at the side of the room. What I suspected he was thinking was 'Oh no, not another old guy who just pi**es himself in bed.' But I didnt want to be rude and say anything like that out loud.

Last edited by a moderator:
ArchtopK said:
It is better to stay in bed all night, especially as we get older. I had a friend who got up to pee in the middle of the night and fell and broke
her femur bone, which is the large thigh bone.
What the heck, ouch, I'm a bed wetter myself because of cerebral palsy and I wear overnight Pull Ups to bed and I don't even know when I'm wet, thankfully not the bed

Pantyman said:
I think what bothers my wife the most is I'm willing to lay and sleep in a wet diaper. Her opinion is if I wake and I'm wet I should change. But the wet warm swollen diaper is actually comforting and adds to my rest. Usually I wear a high capacity diaper and booster. My current choice is a purple trest with 2 abu boosters.
It's more economical to only change when necessary, be that a matter of comfort or the capacity of your protective garments, or because you need a new diaper to last you through errands or a social engagement. Especially when you're paying for premium diapers! If you're not smelling bad or befouling the bed, I don't see why it should be an issue.

Reactions: Diprs2, GoodnitesXL21 and BobbiSueEllen
mikesecret said:
True enough. As for you first line I think some still have this attitude. Like a lot of people my age (60+) I was shamed for bedwetting when I was young. Now that Im old dont feel ashamed about it at all. When I was in hospital before the pandemic a young orderly who came into the room after a nurse asked him to change me in the morning asked me "Cant you get up during the night to pee?" He saw me walking the previous day although I walk with a lot of difficulty due to a genetic muscle and movement disorder. When I do try to get out of bed it often takes me 10 minutes or more to do so, while I try to stand on my legs, get my balance and walk. Ive been told when in hospital not to try to get up at night to go to the bathroom due to the risk of falling. And even though they give you a pee container with a handle its almost impossible to use it if your wearing a diaper. I responded to the young orderly by telling him that I could get up if I knew 10 or 15 minutes before it happened that my bladder was going to let me know I need to pee. He started to respond "Oh sorry, I didnt mean..." and I stopped him and told him not to worry. I was in a neuro ward where fresh diapers were stacked on shelf at the side of the room. What I suspected he was thinking was 'Oh no, not another old guy who just pi**es himself in bed.' But I didnt want to be rude and say anything like that out loud.
People such as that orderly need the advice my grandfather once gave me: "There's an old man in your future, Patrick, and he has your name." It might give them food for thought about compassion.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, nectar0001 and BobbiSueEllen
diaperbobby said:
As a single person I don't have to worry about what a partner would think (and my cat has never mentioned it either! HA-HA). I am a bed wetter--period. I wet when I sleep; been that way almost all my life with a few dry periods occasionally. I wear proper protection when I sleep and no longer feel any sense of shame about my situation. It was different growing up, but those days are long past. I just know that I will wet when I sleep and that's the reality of who I am. I'm OK with that for myself. But I also respect how others feel about bed wetting.
Lucky for you that your cat is on board with it! Our dog worries when he realizes I've urinated in my sleep, because in the dog world only the very young, the very old, or the very sick pee in their bed. Once I assure him I'm okay, he takes my word for it, but he checks on me the next time, too.

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, Pino, nectar0001 and 1 other person
Wrong or right, your bladder probably doesn't care - mine sure doesn't seem to!

I can definitely say, I had to prep earlier this week for a routine colonoscopy, and the clear liquid diet and high volumes of fluid intake had me going through diapers like a madman (UIC only, in my case) compared to my usual usage rate. My UIC is 24/7, though I do have *some* control at times. Between the intestinal purge (because stool burden can reduce bladder capacity) and what is probably some dehydration, I haven't had *any* daytime bladder accidents since my appointment day, and have not overwhelmed my diaper at night at all. I don't expect that to last, though - I'll eventually rehydrate enough where it's likely I'll pee copiously in my sleep, and fail to arrive in the bathroom quickly enough while awake.

AttilaThePun said:
Lucky for you that your cat is on board with it! Our dog worries when he realizes I've urinated in my sleep, because in the dog world only the very young, the very old, or the very sick pee in their bed. Once I assure him I'm okay, he takes my word for it, but he checks on me the next time, too.
I realized I should clarify - I *am* wearing protection (previously belted shields, more recently pull-up style or tab style diapers) when this occurs. Dogs, however, can tell anyway due to their extraordinary sense of smell.

Reactions: Diprs2 and BobbiSueEllen
Pantyman said:
I'm 64. I when thru a faze where I would wake 3 or 4 times a night to pee. Combined with restless legs I only had a few hours of broken sleep. Over the past year I have had several prescriptions changes but I have a side effect of occasional bedwetting. So Currently I wear diapers to bed. Actually I enjoy the feeling of the diaper when going to bed. Being diapered I'm protected when I wet while sleeping. But lately if I wake having to pee I just relax and pee my diaper and go back to sleep. My wife absolutely hates it but I love a good night sleep. And waking to a warm wet swollen diaper isn't bad either.
I peed my bed well into my teens and hated it - it came back regularly at 40 and hated having to wear diapers at night again - but gradually have got used to it - wake up wet every morning -now it is just normal - I cannot help it so just accept it - growing up thought it was just me who peed his bed like a baby - now I know their are loads more pepole like me

Reactions: Wetshisbed, Diprs2, nectar0001 and 1 other person
Pantyman said:
Hmmmm ... sorry to hear your wife "absolutely hates it". As we men get older, getting up in the middle of the night becomes more of a challenge to get a good night's rest/sleep. Thankfully, my wife not only accepts my need for diapers, but was the one to encourage it (okay, practically force me) way back when when my issues started! To her, it's no different than a cast for a broken arm or crutches for a bum leg. What finally made me "give in" was when she said "I use tampons for my issue, why can't you use diapers for yours!". She was right. Such a great woman.

Reactions: nectar0001, Pantyman, Diprs2 and 3 others
AttilaThePun said:
Wrong or right, your bladder probably doesn't care - mine sure doesn't seem to!

I can definitely say, I had to prep earlier this week for a routine colonoscopy, and the clear liquid diet and high volumes of fluid intake had me going through diapers like a madman (UIC only, in my case) compared to my usual usage rate. My UIC is 24/7, though I do have *some* control at times. Between the intestinal purge (because stool burden can reduce bladder capacity) and what is probably some dehydration, I haven't had *any* daytime bladder accidents since my appointment day, and have not overwhelmed my diaper at night at all. I don't expect that to last, though - I'll eventually rehydrate enough where it's likely I'll pee copiously in my sleep, and fail to arrive in the bathroom quickly enough while awake.
As I expected, once fully rehydrated (about 4th day after the prep) I resumed my typical UIC pattern, whether awake or asleep.

Reactions: Diprs2 and nectar0001
I’m absolutely fine with bedwetting. Actually it became much easier when I was diagnosed with a neurogenic bladder and the dr. Said to me my bladder reacts like a babies. Wish I knew this detail when I lived stressed out as a bedwetting, and daytime dribbler as a teenager. Been 24/7 since 2006 and have virtually no stress about it, at all.

NappiedTruckDriver said:
Not it’s not wrong to be ok with bed wetting
1 your getting a full sleep
2 I think your wife is jealous as she has to get up and go to bathroom
I bed wet and I could wake 3/4 times to pee , I diaper up and if I wake I’ll just pee them, also in the morning I some time start getting urgent urge after getting up
its perfectly o.k. to enjoy peeing in bed-i do it every night, though i do wear a diaper to bed. I usually overflow it in the night, but sometimes t happens early morning when i'm awake, and the sensation of wetting is awesome. I do have a couple mattress protectors on the bed- thats mandatory.Happy wetting

Reactions: Diprs2, Wetshisbed and BobbiSueEllen
Back