Is bambino serious??

Waynelopen

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just for fun, I thought I would price out a bag of Bianco's in the bambino winter sale. $25, cool! Then, I got to shipping. $18?? North shore only charges $10, which I kind of thought was the standard rate. $18 seems totally outrageous. What am I missing here?

• Wow
Reactions: DiaperedG
Unfortunately shipping costs have gone up tremendously across the board
Company X will raise costs and company Y soon follows.
Shipping diapers is pricey. Not due to the weight but the bulk

Reactions: Angelapinks
Bambino has their listings at 50% off their retail price, with free shipping. Are they serous? YOU DARN WELL BET THEY ARE! And they have plenty of inventory to prove it! Gary Hirsch is not going to go broke over it, either. He can do what he wants. He has a half billion dollars at his disposal. Tykables and ABUniverse: You two better wise up!

Honeywell6180 said:
Bambino has their listings at 50% off their retail price, with free shipping. Are they serous? YOU DARN WELL BET THEY ARE! And they have plenty of inventory to prove it! Gary Hirsch is not going to go broke over it, either. He can do what he wants. He has a half billion dollars at his disposal. Tykables and ABUniverse: You two better wise up!
Gary Hirsh sold Bambino and Total Dry years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: odd1inSyde
todaler said:
Gary Hirsh sold Bambino and Total Dry years ago.
I had no idea. Who does that company belong to now? And how can they keep doing what they are doing? Seems to me like they would need a pretty big bank roll to keep inventory up and prices down. Thanks, Todaler.

Honeywell6180 said:
I had no idea. Who does that company belong to now? And how can they keep doing what they are doing? Seems to me like they would need a pretty big bank roll to keep inventory up and prices down. Thanks, Todaler.
Bambino doesn't have to make money because all of the infrastructure is paid for by Total Dry.

• Wow
Reactions: TigerDL
SparkyDog said:
Unfortunately shipping costs have gone up tremendously across the board
Company X will raise costs and company Y soon follows.
Shipping diapers is pricey. Not due to the weight but the bulk
Very unfortunate but also unfortunately very true. Larger box larger cost and further distance adds even more.

TotalDry Overnights were my one of my FAVORITE daytime diapers.

They were quietly discontinued. 😭

diapeybabybrian said:
TotalDry Overnights were my one of my FAVORITE daytime diapers.

They were quietly discontinued. 😭
They discontinued them in the beginning of covid I'd like them to bring them back

Exactly why I don't order from Bambino anymore. They got rid of free shipping on case and pack orders, whereas Rearz still ships free from CANADA - with much higher quality diapers.

cmon6969 said:
They discontinued them in the beginning of covid I'd like them to bring them back
They are not discontinued. You can buy them directly or even on Amazon.

Every time Bambino has fantastic sales, I get tempted to purchase. Then I remember that they kill you with shipping costs. You can still come out ahead if you make a purchase large enough to qualify for free shipping, but I never want to buy that much from them. I've never liked the sizing of their diapers, as their medium is too snug and their large is too big. If you are the right size for their diapers and wish to buy a lot of them, you can get a good deal, but that just does not work for me.

Reactions: Waynelopen
SoCalSwitch said:
They are not discontinued. You can buy them directly or even on Amazon.
Oh yah?

Because On TotalDry's Website they are a GHOST.

You could at least do a quick check before you start typing.

Honeywell6180 said:
M
Waynelopen said:
Just for fun, I thought I would price out a bag of Bianco's in the bambino winter sale. $25, cool! Then, I got to shipping. $18?? North shore only charges $10, which I kind of thought was the standard rate. $18 seems totally outrageous. What am I missing here?
Waynelopen said:
Bambino still has FREE shipping if the order is over $70.

At least in US, Bambino has free shipping on orders over $70, which is basically the same as Rearz (free shipping over $75).

Reactions: RestrainU4Me and Visitor2Earth
Back