Interesting realization - a different sort of dependancy on wearing protection

HalMidLife

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I was watching Shawshank recently and there’s a scene where Red says “forty years I’ve been asking permission to piss. I can’t squeeze a drop without say-so”.

It’s an odd parallel, I know, but it made me realize that even if my incontinence was magically cured 100%, I don’t think I could sleep without a diaper on at this point in life (I’m 50 and have been wearing diapers full time for about 7.5 years). I really don’t think I could get confortable enough to fall asleep without one. I would be so scared I’d pee the bed, I wouldn’t be able to close my eyes.

Curious to know if this is the same for others?

Reactions: LordDuque, Diprs2 and Napincolove
I definitely wouldn't sleep without a nappy and plastic pants.

Reactions: Constantlydamp and Diprs2
HalMidLife said:
I was watching Shawshank recently and there’s a scene where Red says “forty years I’ve been asking permission to piss. I can’t squeeze a drop without say-so”.

It’s an odd parallel, I know, but it made me realize that even if my incontinence was magically cured 100%, I don’t think I could sleep without a diaper on at this point in life (I’m 50 and have been wearing diapers full time for about 7.5 years). I really don’t think I could get confortable enough to fall asleep without one. I would be so scared I’d pee the bed, I wouldn’t be able to close my eyes.

Curious to know if this is the same for others?
There is a point at which they take on a life of their own, apart from their practical function: for me they are a source of comfort and security. I wear them even if I am experiencing a "dry spell", for the same reason you do-I sleep better.

Reactions: HalMidLife, Diprs2, Kellycares and 1 other person
I'm definitely psychologically dependent on diapers. I've been in and out of diapers since early childhood, and 24/7 for the last twenty years. I do have dry spells, but they are infrequent and unpredictable, and when I do wet, it can be substantial. It is very difficult for me to relax or fall asleep undiapered over the fear that I'll wet my pants or the bed.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Kellycares
I couldn't go to sleep if I was not wearing a nappy I would be too worried about wetting the bed. Before I started to have day time IC issues I would be worried about falling asleep on the train or when flying so always wore a nappy then. Now it doesn’t matter when I go to sleep as I am wearing them 24/7. So arguably one less thing to worry about!

Reactions: Constantlydamp and Diprs2
Yes, i've never fallen asleep without a diaper, my one ex did get bedpads and tried going without (Had a good rash going) even knowing that it would be fine with a bedpad and always have had a matress protector on the bed as well.

But was unable to fall asleep at all, tried to, but could not get comfortable at all, i'd assume at some point i'd pass out from being too tired, but it that even sleeping?

So, for myself I havent tried to sleep without diapers after trying a few times, not worth loosing a nights sleep over. Also diaper is good to keep desitin in place and not on everything as well, so win win.

But, if you were not IC anymore i'd assume you could learn to sleep without a diaper after enough training, be like many many nights of less sleep and not be fun i'd assume. But you could learn to sleep without them after a fashion. But if you have even occasional IC issues then you'd most likely be in limbo forever, going from wearing to not and back again.

Rememeber at some point we learned to wear different clothes, not wear diapers in the day for most, and wearing shoes and all sorts of things.

I know myself I need a diaper, and also a suit or pjs to sleep as well as a bed restraint for sleepwalking...without the whole normal thing it's difficult to even get any sleep.

Reactions: Diprs2
BuddyBoy said:
There is a point at which they take on a life of their own, apart from their practical function: for me they are a source of comfort and security. I wear them even if I am experiencing a "dry spell", for the same reason you do-I sleep better.
I agree. Same feelings for me.

I sleep six nights out of 7 wearing a diaper and it helps me get to sleep and sleep better.

Like a lot of us here there is no way I could go to bed without a good absorbant Nappy on !
My bladder is so unreliable and I have not had a dry night in more than two years now and out of the last fifteen years probably have no more than twenty dry nights.
It would be a foolish thing to even think about going without loads of absorbant padding and PP to bed on any occassion.

If my incontinence was cured, could I stop sleeping in a diaper?

I have worn a diaper to bed my entire life and am not only physically dependent on them I am mentally dependent also.

I hope if I was not physically dependent I could, but it would be a long process.

It would take time for me to mentally be able to sleep without the fear of wetting the bed.

Reactions: HalMidLife, Diprs2, Napincolove and 1 other person
Back