Inner thigh redness from PVC pants?

ArchtopK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Since wearing pvc pants, I have noticed a light redness on the inner thigh where the pant is in constant contact.
I hesitate to call this diaper rash, but I wonder if anyone else has noticed this. I do have a latex allergy, and I wonder if this is similar.
It does not itch or hurt, it is very light red, but enough to see it.

ArchtopK said:
Since wearing pvc pants, I have noticed a light redness on the inner thigh where the pant is in constant contact.
I hesitate to call this diaper rash, but I wonder if anyone else has noticed this. I do have a latex allergy, and I wonder if this is similar.
Have you tried a bit of talc?

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955
I use some hard cream-Sudocrem-at critical zones before I put on the plastic pants.

Anything that helps with chafing should do the trick i think.
As mentioned above. Try those and see if it works.

Reactions: littledub1955
ArchtopK said:
Hello,

Most of my baby panties now have a linen/cotton band at the waist and leg bands these days so it’s not a problem I continue to suffer.

But when I did it was almost a tattoo or mark of proof I wore them. As much as it was embarrassing, it was exciting too if anyone noticed, it’s unmistakeable the mark of plastic pants!

Buy the ones with a material band, they’ll solve the problem if you want to. I still wear some that make those marks, I love the stimulation, embarrassment and humiliation but that’s the sissy in me. 🤭

Good luck.

Jenny x ❤️

Reactions: littledub1955 and LittleTyke
Now, I haven't seen the marks, and I am not a medical pro. But the redness could possibly be caused by the flesh being semi-starved for blood due to the pant's elastic band constantly pressing on your inner thigh.

However, I agree with using vinyl pants with a band of fabric on the inside of the waist and leg bands.

Most vinyl pants disagree with me, as the elastic bands are so narrow. They almost cut into the flesh, which can become really painful. There are mainly two brands of vinyl pants I enjoy: Guwi and Tcsb.

I also experience some redness on my thighs after wearing plastic panties over my cloth diaper. It is different than the red marks from the elastic of the leg opening.
I believe that the redness is because the thickness of the diaper in the crotch creates a bulge which is covered by the plastic panty. That bulge which is covered with the plastic panty now rubs against your thighs creating the redness.
I get this more when I am in cloth as my cloth diapers are bulkier than my disposables, although if I wear a disposable with a booster I will sometimes get that same redness.

Reactions: LittleTyke and ArchtopK
I always had this issue. Turns out I solved it by buying the babykins"tuffy pants". The elastic bands are padded and super soft so they don't dig into your skin.

Unfortunately creams will shorten the life of your plastic pants by hardening the plastic. Powder is a better way to go.

to clarify, this is not related to the elastic.
the red area is beyond the elastic line. I think Kayleigh above has it right. it is like a very light sun burn on the inner thigh exactly in the area where
the bulge of the diaper presses against the inner thigh. For as smooth as they feel, you would not think it is chafing.

ArchtopK said:
to clarify, this is not related to the elastic.
the red area is beyond the elastic line. I think Kayleigh above has it right. it is like a very light sun burn on the inner thigh exactly in the area where
the bulge of the diaper presses against the inner thigh. For as smooth as they feel, you would not think it is chafing.
I have also experienced this kind of redness and I agree it’s the diaper bulge that is part of the cause.
My experience points towards chafing. Long walks (several miles) with an increasing bulge lead to more chafing and more redness,
also getting quite sore at the end. At home with less walking gives less chafing.
More or less the same experience with plastic backed diapers.
Although the plastic is very smooth, it makes my thighs red.
The elastic can start to chafe if it has gotten hard and started cracking.

Reactions: LittleTyke
Back