Incontinence Skirt

RedStripeLvr said:
I wish it were that easy @Edgewater. I've been dealing with IC for several years now and my nighttime set up at this point is a high capacity disposable (MegaMax/Better Dry/etc) call versed by a cloth contour diaper and plastic pants. I still have leaks routinely and am STILL trying to find the right products and combinations.
Well, with decades of being U-IC and having tried a seemingly endless number of combinations, I have come to find that it is just that easy. Likely, because I am also Journalling when and how much I am eating and drinking, everyday, and tracking what is happening in my diapers (cloth during the day, MEGAMAX at night with plastic pants (NS Trifecta Pant) both day and night. My night time diaper goes on near 11 pm and off near 7:30 am. I also follow the Toddler Guide to limiting liquid intake after dinner.

I never stated that what I do is the answer. At most, I stated that if the basics are in place, add what you like.

As you know, there is nothing easy about being U-IC let alone F-IC, but if one is Journalling what you are doing and what is happening, one can define what works for your variations and if an Incontinent Skirt works for you, have at it. For me, they would likely roll-up my body and do little more than keep my upper body protected and the diaper fully exposed. But, that is me.

Reactions: Diprs2, RedStripeLvr and Jorelaxed
CrossfireDiaperHurricane said:
Sorry, it sounds too uncomfortable. I sometimes sleep on my side along with the back and the the front on my tummy. I'm not a restless sleeper and most people, IC or not, they wake up in the other position they started with. I already wear a good disposable diaper, a quality booster (Tranquility topliner contour booster), plastic pants and a waterproof bed pad (of which only get's damp in the morning). And now wear a waterproof skirt? No way.
By the way, if you want to wear a skirt, try some dresses.
I'm a restless sleeper and on several occasions I have overflowed the diaper and leaked out of the plastic pants as well.
The mattress is protected by the bed pad, but turning around, I have also managed to wet the duvet, (filled with down) and
that's really a job to wash and dry out. Very few people are gonna see what I wear in bed anyway, so why not a skirt.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jorelaxed, Edgewater and 1 other person
OnePiece said:
I'm a restless sleeper and on several occasions I have overflowed the diaper and leaked out of the plastic pants as well.
The mattress is protected by the bed pad, but turning around, I have also managed to wet the duvet, (filled with down) and
that's really a job to wash and dry out. Very few people are gonna see what I wear in bed anyway, so why not a skirt.
That's cool. Everyone has their own process. Most of the time I have BM's while sleeping. I think I can remember only once when I had an extremely large "blowout" while sleeping. I protected my mattress and I use a large bed pad. The accident only messed the bed pad. If I was wearing a double cloth diaper they would have contained the accident. But I don't wear cloth for sleeping (only pocket diapers for sport activity). My usual disposable (Confidry 24/7), booster (NortShore Eternadry contour pad [27" - 10.5"]) and plastic pants. I haven't had another blowout since. IF wearing a skirt, they might help if I had blowouts all the time but they don't. They sound really uncomfortable (and hot). But hey, if you're into skirts, fine. Me? I'm good with what I use.

Reactions: Diprs2, OnePiece and Edgewater
greatlake5 said:
They sound really uncomfortable (and hot). But hey, if you're into skirts, fine. Me? I'm good with what I use.
Hot is rarely a problem where I live, it's more a bonus😊. And skirts are really comfy, not that I usually wear them.
If in a warm country, it would be different, the diaper in itself is too hot.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Jorelaxed
Jorelaxed said:
They are a practical solution, With all the cuts diaper manufacturers have been doing, I have been starting to have more leaks.
The incontinence skirt or wrap what ever its called would catch any run off and keep one from destroying a matress.
The page on Amazon says they are unisex
just to clear some members doubts.
Maybe guys who don't like to think of it as a "skirt" could consider it a "kilt" - but don't add a sporran, too lumpy!

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, OnePiece, Jorelaxed and 2 others
I have one of these. It's def not for daily wear or walking about. It's more for laying down in or immobility. They don't breathe very well so it's going to be warm.

If you're a leaky side sleeper, this would probably be for you. Otherwise, I'd just stick with a bed pad.

The one I have is PUL lined, and has 2 snaps to keep it from riding up at night.

It's a nice to have if you're in a hotel or someplace that doesn't have a mattress protector. It's not comfortable to wear as a garment.

FWIW Skirts are my clothing of choice, speaking from years of experience :)

1695489499344.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 247, Diprs2, OnePiece and 2 others
Edgewater said:
Well, with decades of being U-IC and having tried a seemingly endless number of combinations, I have come to find that it is just that easy. Likely, because I am also Journalling when and how much I am eating and drinking, everyday, and tracking what is happening in my diapers (cloth during the day, MEGAMAX at night with plastic pants (NS Trifecta Pant) both day and night. My night time diaper goes on near 11 pm and off near 7:30 am. I also follow the Toddler Guide to limiting liquid intake after dinner.

I never stated that what I do is the answer. At most, I stated that if the basics are in place, add what you like.

As you know, there is nothing easy about being U-IC let alone F-IC, but if one is Journalling what you are doing and what is happening, one can define what works for your variations and if an Incontinent Skirt works for you, have at it. For me, they would likely roll-up my body and do little more than keep my upper body protected and the diaper fully exposed. But, that is me.
i like the looks of that WIWI skirt. what does it stand for?? I'd wear rubber pants and diapers underneath, and wouldnt worry about leakage.

Back