Inbetweeners

Lethdale

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Is there anyone else out there, caught between two worlds...maybe resisting?
Around the house, I wear pull-ups and plastic pants to catch my drips, 'hiccups' and premature spurts.
But today, with my bladder in overdrive and jobs to do outside, I'd have probably been better off fully diapered and admit that wearing an adult nappy is a far better course than several trips indoors and the crossed legged anxiety whilst dispensing of overalls and wellington boots...

Reactions: Canadianfalls, AttilaThePun, AUG168 and 2 others
Yes. When I used to do yard work (before moving to an apartment), I would often just wear a "brief" and use it in the yard. Once done and inside, I would clean up and put on a pull-up for the remainder of the day.

Except the occasional accident or being too tired at night, my urinary control is still pretty good. Being away from home too long is another matter, however.

Reactions: Pino, AttilaThePun, EcoIncon and 2 others
Lethdale said:
Is there anyone else out there, caught between two worlds...maybe resisting?
Around the house, I wear pull-ups and plastic pants to catch my drips, 'hiccups' and premature spurts.
But today, with my bladder in overdrive and jobs to do outside, I'd have probably been better off fully diapered and admit that wearing an adult nappy is a far better course than several trips indoors and the crossed legged anxiety whilst dispensing of overalls and wellington boots...
Pull ups and plastic pants. I do too, great combination and you get a warning if you leak.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, EcoIncon, Lethdale and 1 other person
I used to do this
light wear in the day and more absorbency products at night
but now I just wear the max all the time.
Catches drips, dribles & gushes

Reactions: chamberpot, AttilaThePun, eastcoastdl and 7 others
I wear 24/7 and only wear a lighter cloth, pre-folded, daytime weight diaper with plastic pants (diaper covers) during the day. At night I wear a NorthShore MEGAMAX diaper with a NS Trifecta diaper cover. Regardless of what you want to call it, I wear diapers 24/7, I do not see it as two different Worlds, but more a simple continuation of wearing diapers.

The reality for most is that one commonly hydrates more often during the day. It is less two different Worlds and more different release times and volumes. I have wore MEGAMAX 24/7 but elected to split between cloth and disposable diapers as a means of cost control. Plus I work at incorporating more skin dry out times during the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: AttilaThePun, EcoIncon, SparkyDog and 1 other person
Many days I resist... I am even still stupid enough to not wear protection sometimes when I know deep down I should... longing for the days when I didn't have to. Then a public accident or an accident at an inconvenient time jolts me back to my senses and a put on a diaper and deal with it.

Reactions: Jeff Rictus, Pino, AttilaThePun and 2 others
There are a few things I learned with my IC. the most important one: choose your protection always one or two level higher than you think you need - otherwise you will, sooner or later, end up with wet pants. So, if you think a pad is enough, wear a pull-up. If a pull-up seems to be OK, chose a (thin) taped diaper. If a thin diaper maybe OK, choose a thicker one!
With this strategy I never had any problem, a better protection is much less visible than a wet patch on your pants - and it gives you the freedom, not having to rush with the slightest urge if you are on overdrive but simply let things happen without frequent interrupting of work, meetings, discussions or whatever you are doing!

Reactions: AttilaThePun, jdinvirginia, EcoIncon and 2 others
Been there. I was in between guards and no protection. I was in denial and would try to go with out. You know the results.

My latest battle is pullups and back to guards. Sometimes I just get tired of the hassle and feeling of pullups and I go back to guards. Then having to change guards every few hours and a few leaks reminds me why I need the pullups.

I've been pullups only and training pants at night for awhile now. I have slowly accepted the new normal. I'm sure there will be other mental battles when it comes time for the next level.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, EcoIncon and Lethdale
hbic60 said:
There are a few things I learned with my IC. the most important one: choose your protection always one or two level higher than you think you need - otherwise you will, sooner or later, end up with wet pants. So, if you think a pad is enough, wear a pull-up. If a pull-up seems to be OK, chose a (thin) taped diaper. If a thin diaper maybe OK, choose a thicker one!
With this strategy I never had any problem, a better protection is much less visible than a wet patch on your pants - and it gives you the freedom, not having to rush with the slightest urge if you are on overdrive but simply let things happen without frequent interrupting of work, meetings, discussions or whatever you are doing!
The only thing that worries me is that whilst I'm in pullups, I can pull down.... I'm still able to pee in to the pan if I can reach one in time.
If I were diapered, I feel like I would be locked into peeing into it and I would be jumping the gun?
So while I accept that diapers might be a sensible move for me whilst on long trips or any situation that prevents access to a washroom, I still hold on to the idea that pullups and plastic pants (and some semblance of normality for me) are the easiest way to cope with my current situation even though the trips in and out of the house to reach the loo wear one down when one is trying to get on with one's day.
This morning, when performing my daily tasks of collecting wood etc., I could feel myself leaking into my pullups but later, when tasks were completed, I was able to use the pan when the next urge hit.
Would this be so if I were diapered?

Reactions: chamberpot, AttilaThePun and EcoIncon
AUG168 said:
Been there. I was in between guards and no protection. I was in denial and would try to go with out. You know the results.

My latest battle is pullups and back to guards. Sometimes I just get tired of the hassle and feeling of pullups and I go back to guards. Then having to change guards every few hours and a few leaks reminds me why I need the pullups.

I've been pullups only and training pants at night for awhile now. I have slowly accepted the new normal. I'm sure there will be other mental battles when it comes time for the next level.
I went straight to pullups...I didn't even think of fiddling with pads....I didn't feel like I could trust them.
I feel safe in pullups and plastic pants for leaks and the odd gush... but I think a diaper might be called for long stretches in cars or days away.
It's getting one's head around the idea even though one knows it's inevitable...😳

Reactions: AttilaThePun
Lethdale said:
The only thing that worries me is that whilst I'm in pullups, I can pull down.... I'm still able to pee in to the pan if I can reach one in time.
If I were diapered, I feel like I would be locked into peeing into it and I would be jumping the gun?
So while I accept that diapers might be a sensible move for me whilst on long trips or any situation that prevents access to a washroom, I still hold on to the idea that pullups and plastic pants (and some semblance of normality for me) are the easiest way to cope with my current situation even though the trips in and out of the house to reach the loo wear one down when one is trying to get on with one's day.
This morning, when performing my daily tasks of collecting wood etc., I could feel myself leaking into my pullups but later, when tasks were completed, I was able to use the pan when the next urge hit.
I use diapers with second chance tapes or stretchable waists during the day and I am able to use the toilet when I can. For chores, cloth diapers are particularly nice as thicker ones provide a bit of extra protection over pull-ups, are as easy to use the toilet as pull-ups, and breath a little better if you are working hard and sweating.

Reactions: AttilaThePun and Lethdale
Lethdale said:
Have you considered putting a booster pad into your pull-ups? It would increase capacity and still allow toilet use more easily than a taped diaper. Alternatively, untape the upper tapes of a diaper, lower the diaper a little so you can pee into the toilet, and then re-fasten the diaper using the "second chance" tapes.

Reactions: Lethdale and EcoIncon
slimjiminy said:
Yes. When I used to do yard work (before moving to an apartment), I would often just wear a "brief" and use it in the yard. Once done and inside, I would clean up and put on a pull-up for the remainder of the day.

Except the occasional accident or being too tired at night, my urinary control is still pretty good. Being away from home too long is another matter, however.
I do it in the the same way.

Beside that, i choose diapers which can be pulled down, but no pants usually.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lethdale, slimjiminy, AttilaThePun and 1 other person
Lethdale said:
This is a good argument pro pull-ups - you can easily pull down. But pull-ups changed for me to a no-go after once I had to change in a public bathroom - take off the trousers, the underpants (wore for fixation of the pull-up), for that to take off the shoes, on a dirty floor, just for to change the pull-up - I never bought them again. Instead I switched to belt type diapers - cheaper than pull-ups (with comparable saturation level), quick to open and refasten for use of toilet, easy to change without having to take off all my clothing down there - this was my best choice at that time!
Meanwhile I switched to regular tape diapers (Tena Proskin), but with Velcro tabs which you can refasten as often as needed. For use of toilet I simply open one of the top tapes and pull the diaper down, no problem to refasten them afterwards.Things changed for me with getting more familiar with my IC - at the beginning with every urge I jumped up, sprinted to the bathroom trying to make it as often as possible, the being out always trying to remember where to find a public bathroom etc. Meanwhile I use the toilet still always for #2, but for peeing only if I'm really nearby. I stopped interrupting anything I'm doing when the urges come (10-15 times over the day) in order to make it (mostly unsuccessfull) to the bathroom and learned that it enhances my quality of life dramatically if I often simply use my protection.

Anyway, as long as you feel happy that - with wearing pull-ups - you are still able to use often the toilet there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing so!

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater, Pino and Lethdale
Thank you so much for this reply and your advice. It is most helpful and certainly gives me something to think about.

Reactions: Edgewater
hbic60 said:
But pull-ups changed for me to a no-go after once I had to change in a public bathroom - take off the trousers, the underpants (wore for fixation of the pull-up), for that to take off the shoes, on a dirty floor, just for to change the pull-up - I never bought them again. Instead I switched to belt type diapers ... Meanwhile I switched to regular tape diapers (Tena Proskin), ...
1706279780888.pngMy wife was initially against me wearing "briefs" and was ok with pull-ups. But when I explained how brief changes don't require taking your pants off in the dirty stall, the light bulb came on and she became pro-briefs.

• Love
Reactions: Pino, Edgewater and Lethdale
While I need ti wear a higher capacity diaper overnight, I start my day off in a pull-up and when time comes to change I just tear it off at the sides and go to a tab diaper for the rest of the day changing as I need to. cost savings is very good this way

Reactions: Edgewater and Lethdale
I've tried stretch briefs by Tena and really liked them except the over padding in the butt.

Reactions: Edgewater and Lethdale
When I was in high school I really tried to wear a pull-up. I didn't like to wear a full-on diaper. Reality put back to a full diaper. The first time I went to school, I was good for about an hour. Whoops. I ended leaving school because my pull-up leaked badly. Ever since I've been wearing a quality disposable along with a booster (and plastic pants). Wearing a pull-up? In only my dreams.

Reactions: Edgewater, DroopyDrawers, Lethdale and 1 other person
Back