Importance: Look, Feel, or Function

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an infantilist and not IC. If I'm 'playing baby,' alone or with someone, looks are probably the most important criteria. If I'm just wearing for comfort, then feel is most important.

I'd have to say that function is only important when the diaper doesn't 'function' as I need it to. When I leak onto furniture, for example, function suddenly becomes very important.

Function - Everything has to work well.
Look - Not overboard on the designs.
Feel - Soft texture is very important.

Last edited:
Function, feel, look.

There can be no compromise about performance for serious 24/7 wear. I wet my nappy whenever and wherever, in front of friends, colleagues, customers etc if needed. A leak at home would be a nuisance, but leaking on my seat in the boardroom, for example, would be a particularly bad idea!

I can put up with a little discomfort from time to time, but nappies need to fit comfortably and feel nice on me, if they are not to become irksome after months of continuous wear. As for the exterior, I like a nice thick plastic backing; hate fabric-style.

In one sense it really doesn't matter what they look like but in the event of exposure, explanation would be harder if any ABDL print were on show. So without sacrificing performance, I prefer a plain or medical appearance.

Thankfully, there isn't much of a tradeoff involved with my favourites, e.g. Betterdry, ABU simple, Tena Active Fit Ultima.

Function, fit and them looks.

I am a sissy who dabbled in diapers over the years and lately wears them 24/7. Being retired and old helps since I don't have to worry about a bulge being noticed at work. Now if anyone notices, they assume it is an old age problem. I expect them to hold a good supple of urine with out leaking. The more expensive one hold more but since I'm at home, I can wear a cheaper one and change often. Plastic pants aren't necessary but I wear them for the rare leak.

If they fit right, you don't know you are wearing them and they shouldn't leak.

Since they are worn under clothes, plain white ones will do. If I do role playing and have to be Baby Lauren, the printed ones would be a part of the scene.

So lucky with Kiddos that I get all 3 boxes ticked at once but otherwise when it comes to other Nappies being IC I have to put Function first followed by feel then look.

Actually this reminds me when Kolibris were amazing I still had all 3 but feel was the dominant driver.

I've noticed it's changed for me over the years.

Initially I was all about functionality over everything else. And look and feel were both equally secondary to that.

However, imo, ABDL designer diapers have started bringing the best of all three, look, feel, and functionality. So this has caused my priorities in diapers to change. Of course, each person's tastes are different, so those who don't care for or don't prefer ABDL designs will probably feel differently. But anyway, as the quality of most medical diapers started to decline while inversely the quality of ABDL diapers started increasing, I started becoming more interested in them. Now I find that while I still prioritize functionality, it's not as clear cut as it use to be for me. I care much more about the look and feel and prefer ab-ish designs when I'm looking to reup my stash and sometimes focus more on that than the functionality which use to not be the case (I really use to not care at all about the designs on them other than having a slight preference for wetness indicators, but now I'm all about the cute designs). So for me, I'd currently say

1. Functionality
2. Feel
3. Look

Is usually what I'm looking for, but now since I only get premium ABDL diapers, they all perform well more than adequately, so it usually just comes down to the feel and look I'm in the mood for.

I would say funktion, then feeling i.e. how it fits me, no chafing and such. Looks is secondary,

I'm a big proponent of "form follows function". A diaper can look and feel absolutely awsome, but if it can't hold a single drop without leaking then it's also completely useless. Hence, it must work good before all else.

Function is first and foremost by far. It’s kinda like buying a car: you want something reliable over anything else. If a diaper has functionality issues, I’m gonna pass.

Feel is second for me. There’s a certain degree of quality I like to feel in my diapers when I have them on. In a way, it kinda ties into function as well because if it doesn’t have a good feel to it, it’s probably not going to function well.

Looks are last. I’m not too picky when it comes to look, there a lot more I would wear than I wouodn’t.

I mostly wear at night/bedtime (like 99% of the time), so I mostly don't care about looks that much. But I'd say fit and function are by FAR the most important to me.

Rearz Safari have been an absolute godsend, as a nighttime diaper--because they're crazy thick, super comfy to wear, and the outer plastic is SUPER strong/resistant to stretching.

I’m another function then feel then looks. Despite being a DL using a nappy is the most important thing for me.

In all honesty, my first considerations are price and shipping since I'm fairly broke most of the time and I don't want other people getting my mails before I do.
After that though, I'd say Function and Look are tied for first for me. I have some occasional incontinence issues so I need my diapers to be able to handle that well. I prefer plain diapers, white or black. Not even plain colors, so no purples or blues. I don't like prints. I'm very picky about what I wear in all departments and personally I find the vast majority of prints to be garish. So I stay away from them. Plus plain doesn't raise as many questions.
Feel comes in at a very close second. I consider plastic backing as part of function, but it also plays into feel. Things need to fit right and conform to my body right. That's the part of feel that I think about. I'll deal with the unpleasant feel of the plastic when its really cold outside out of necessity.

I’m another function then feel then looks. I only do all white.

Usually the prints catch me. But prints are worthless without functionality.

I wear diapers for their intended purpose. Therefore, a diaper has to function well in order for me to wear it. That being said, I sometimes wear pull-ups for short periods of time, which don't function all that well, but serve their purpose. Because I wear 24/7, a diaper has to feel good too. There's no use soaking a diaper till the cows come home if it hurts your legs or feels like a wet mop hanging off your body.

I would say looks are important, but not as much as the first two criteria. Ideally, I'll take a diaper with all three. However, I usually won't pay top dollar for crazy good looks (an ABDL diaper, for example). I simply go through a lot of diapers and don't currently make enough money to warrant the extra expense. Also, while function can usually be an objective measurement, feel and looks aren't. So a diaper I might say feels terrible and looks even worse, someone else might say the opposite. To each his or her own.

Spaz said:
I wear diapers for their intended purpose. Therefore, a diaper has to function well in order for me to wear it. That being said, I sometimes wear pull-ups for short periods of time, which don't function all that well, but serve their purpose. Because I wear 24/7, a diaper has to feel good too. There's no use soaking a diaper till the cows come home if it hurts your legs or feels like a wet mop hanging off your body.

I would say looks are important, but not as much as the first two criteria. Ideally, I'll take a diaper with all three. However, I usually won't pay top dollar for crazy good looks (an ABDL diaper, for example). I simply go through a lot of diapers and don't currently make enough money to warrant the extra expense. Also, while function can usually be an objective measurement, feel and looks aren't. So a diaper I might say feels terrible and looks even worse, someone else might say the opposite. To each his or her own.

For me, as a person with Cerebral Palsy, functionality is the most important factor.
They need to hold a lot of pee and contain my poop.
I find plastic-backed diapers work better for me.

Looks, feel, then function.

I'm into this because of how cute and innocent I feel, and looks are huge when it comes to that for me.

Feeling is also massive. I want to feel comfortable yet well aware that I'm in a diaper

Function - meh - I try to be pretty realistic with my changing habits. I don't stay in a dirty diaper for long. I only stay in a wet one until it stops wicking moisture.

I think all 3 factors makes a. Difference in the. End of you. Being happy and it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back