Im scared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I ordered some melatonin on online that is 12mg and i have never taken 12mg of melatonin

j456 said:
I ordered some melatonin on online that is 12mg and i have never taken 12mg of melatonin
Trust me Dont fucking take it! 12 mg is waaay too much! As someone with autism who has melatonin production issues the most i can handle without being KO for 18 or 24 hours is 3mg even 1mg nakes me sleep in longer than usual by a couple of hours. The most adults are even recommended to take is 10mg but that dosage is rare as most people respond best between 1mg and 5mg. That being said i'm just a hyperresponder to treatment in general so i may be an exception to the rule.

Last edited:
Reactions: GatoChihuahua
If you're worried about the dosage then don't take it. Stick with whatever dosage you normally take. I don't get it, is this supposed to be an experiment?

Last edited:
You have melatonin production issues?

Maybe you could try splitting each pill in half? Would that work?

The body only takes in about 10mg max. It just filters out the rest. Melatonin is harmless, as far as I'm aware.

SuzakuAkatori said:
Trust me Dont fucking take it! 12 mg is waaay too much! As someone with autism who has melatonin production issues the most i can handle without being KO for 18 or 24 hours is 3mg even 1mg nakes me sleep in longer than usual by a couple of hours. The most adults are even recommended to take is 10mg but that dosage is rare as most people respond best between 1mg and 5mg. That being said i'm just a hyperresponder to treatment in general so i may be an exception to the rule.
So you have autism?

j456 said:
You have melatonin production issues?
People who have autism and/or adhd do not produce as much melatonin as neurotypicals. Its why its hard for us to fall asleep and need some form of sleep aid be it external stimuli via music/whitenoise or supplementation via melatonin. It is a side effect of our brains being in a near-constant state of fight or flight and almost constant background brain activity, its a survival instinct trait we have that most others don't, a very ancient trait leftover from the days humans were hunter gatherers millennia ago when having an irregular circadian rhythm was necessary for survival in an era ruled by megafauna, saber tooth cats, short face cave bears, and dire wolves. I.e. my brain makes too much "noise" due to lack of melatonin so i either require external noise to drown it out or extra melatonin to "hush" my brain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back