• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

I'm New and Struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.
hawkgirl said:
Thanks so much to everyone for your support, I really appreciate all of your comments! This is a great community!
I have to second that! I’m glad we could be here for you! 🤗🥰

Reactions: Angelapinks
Hawkgirl, shame is real. Felt this many times in my bing and purge cycle with my inner little. I do believe there is nothing wrong with abdl from a sin stand point we are all made in our own way and bring joy to the world uniquely. There is a key for every lock.

Reactions: Angelapinks and Traveller
hawkgirl said:
Thanks so much to everyone for your support, I really appreciate all of your comments! This is a great community!
Your welcome and this is a great community for support

I'm a church musician and I'm AB/DL. I think God has a lot more to worry about than the few of us who enjoy wearing diapers. I'm a parent who loves my children and no matter what they did, I would never love them any less. God is like that to us. He knows how difficult it is to live in this human form, but that's His design and plan. No one is perfect and we all have something that's a little outside the box. Still, we are loved.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Traveller, SecretBabyBoy and 1 other person
The binge purge cycle is real, I have wasted lots of money over the years, the best advice I could give, is get a box where you can pack your stuff away into and hide in the far back of a closet when you hit the next cycle. I was an ABDL for a long time before I joined the furry community, after going to my first con and hanging out with others with the same interest I have learned to forgo the purge cycles.

If your struggling or purging, I would recommend speaking to an abdl Dr. They will encourage you to practice healthy behaviours and inform you or help you to find where everything fits in. I’ve done a lot of research around abdl and am currently reviewing psychiatry reports and finding major discriminatory issues within them. They don’t seem to encourage a balance in the elements of wellness but sure do love to medicate symptoms. To be of maximum service to god, you need to have balance. Just ask Him when your struggling, what you should do? It will come. Boundaries, Identity, Trust. Be careful who you share information with outside the community. 🙏

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Traveller
Adding my testimony/comment to the thread. You are not alone with the faith and diapers conversation. It is another layer as we will leverage the gospel in our thoughts and decision making which can bring in additional shame and guilt.

Self acceptance was a HUGE step for me, and the ABDL community was a big factor in those baby steps.

I surround myself with so support now which helps dampen the times when I don't like what I see in the mirror.

Please reach out if you need support or want to chat! Welcome!

The older I get the more I realize that this is who I am and rather than shrink from it I am starting to really embrace it. Self acceptance has helped me reconcile this with my faith. God knows me and my heart. I dont see how wearing a diaper or baby things is in any way breaking a commandment. Just because it is not very common doesn't mean it is wrong. Frankly I have realized that with this level of thought I am more at ease and glad that my baby side is soothing and makes me a better person frankly.

Reactions: Angelapinks and dogboy
That's how I feel. I deal with so much depression and loneliness that if wearing and wetting my diaper one or two days a week makes the depression go away, then why not. We're supposed to be happy, aren't we, especially if it hurts no one on the planet.

Reactions: Angelapinks and RedPandaDL
I understand, as a Catholic I often wonder how this fits into my faith life, if at all. You're not alone. Welcome!

Reactions: Angelapinks and RedPandaDL
hawkgirl said:
Hello everyone! I'm new to adisc, I've known I am an ABDL for about 7 years now. I really struggle with shame in wearing diapers and go through the binge/purge cycles, which I know is super common. I'm also a Christian and I struggle with where my faith fits into this. Deep down I believe that if I want to come home from work and put on a diaper for comfort, I don't see anything wrong with that and it's not hurting anyone, but I still struggle with shame, a lot. Does anyone else feel like this? Also loving the new Goodnite XLs!
I'm Christian as well LDS. And I suffered a sever lower back injury as a cowboy 7 years ago. I wear diapers 24/7 and at first found it hard to be accepted. But I'm also ABDL due to it. I love the comfort and security a diaper gives me. And I wear them to church as well as work. I even carry around my diaper bag with me everywhere I go. Don't be ashamed for loving and wearing diapers. I support you.

Reactions: Rezzu, dogboy and Angelapinks
I
hawkgirl said:
Hello everyone! I'm new to adisc, I've known I am an ABDL for about 7 years now. I really struggle with shame in wearing diapers and go through the binge/purge cycles, which I know is super common. I'm also a Christian and I struggle with where my faith fits into this. Deep down I believe that if I want to come home from work and put on a diaper for comfort, I don't see anything wrong with that and it's not hurting anyone, but I still struggle with shame, a lot. Does anyone else feel like this? Also loving the new Goodnite XLs!
I've been recently listening to a podcast that might help you in your journey. It's called dreamalittle. Welcome to Adisc, this is a great place to learn and get answers. There is really no other place like this online that i know of.

Reactions: Angelapinks
hawkgirl said:
The best way to find self-acceptance is to embrace it. I finally let go and embraced it when I found a supportive partner and got over telling the people closest to me. Diapers make me comfortable and take away my anxiety. I decided that taking away my own anxiety was worth more than protecting my image. It took a while of wearing diapers 24/7 and a partner to encourage me but, after the first year of wearing constantly, I hardly made note of the feeling of a diaper between my legs.

For me, I had to realize that nobody cared about my diapers, across enough contexts. I slowly stopped trying very hard to hide them outside of a professional setting. I began treating them like underwear, and essentially acting as if there was nothing odd about me wearing diapers at all -- since I needed them (bladder weakness/OAB). Nobody that I thought would find out, did. The people who did find out were overwhelmingly accepting, or more embarrassed that they had noticed in the first place.

I don't wear medical diapers either! I wear puppies and giraffes (ABUniverse Peekabus!) and ABU Preschool Plastics. I wear thick, crinkly, ABDL diapers. Every day. To work, to therapy, to the doctor, to my parents', to my fiancee's parents', everywhere I go.

It wasn't easy. When I got with my fiancee, there was still a lot of shame. It's not something that goes away overnight. I was embarrassed about leaks and crinkles and smells especially! For a long while afterward. Frankly, I ended up in some awkward moments with friends where I clearly smelled like a very wet diaper and a change wasn't possible and I just had to live there. Situations at work where my diapers were getting heavy and I needed to keep it together to get to my break and change.. stuff like that. I went through enough awkward moments and close calls (and eventually accidents/leaks/etc.) to where my nerves adjusted and I learned how to manage my diapers in a rhythm.

Nowadays, I don't leave the house without a fresh diaper and full changing bag. I go everywhere padded, in all sorts of weather, and I'm never embarrassed. I have noticed a few people "notice".. But I watched the embarrassment in their eyes as theirs met mine and they never brought it up or changed how they were with me. Probably figured that, whatever the problem was, I had it handled.. xD

Bottom line (TL;DR): (and I can't stress this enough) *Nobody cares that you wear. Nobody. Not the mailman, not your classmates, not your relatives, not your doctor, not your dentist or your therapist.. If any of them catch you wearing, they will assume 100 things before the thought that you wear diapers for extracurricular pleasure ever, ever crosses their mind.*

p.s. Frankly, even the people who have figured out I began wearing out of preference (it's considered as a necessity now) were very understanding. It's all in how you deliver it. If you make it out to be this Deep Dark Secret, people will be more inclined to treat it as such, and be unsure how to handle it. If you treat it like it's not a big deal and just something you like doing, people kind of go "hey, well, I guess!" -- at least in my experience.

To manage the binge/purge, learn to put things away instead of throwing them out. Have a designated place to put everything when you want it out of sight. As you grow more accepting of yourself across contexts and let diapers make you feel safe in more places, around more people and build a community around you, the binge/purge cycle will diminish.

In tribal times, shame was a useful emotion. It made sure you wouldn't do anything too morally objectionable, selfish, or dangerous that would threaten the tribe. Shame helped frame laws and rules. It's 2021 now, though -- and diapers aren't going to threaten the tribe. The only one in the tribe that's "threatened" is you if you go through your life and don't live your truth!

Reactions: NappyHappy and SAPexpanded
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back