• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

I'm New and Struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkgirl

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hello everyone! I'm new to adisc, I've known I am an ABDL for about 7 years now. I really struggle with shame in wearing diapers and go through the binge/purge cycles, which I know is super common. I'm also a Christian and I struggle with where my faith fits into this. Deep down I believe that if I want to come home from work and put on a diaper for comfort, I don't see anything wrong with that and it's not hurting anyone, but I still struggle with shame, a lot. Does anyone else feel like this? Also loving the new Goodnite XLs!

Reactions: KMichelle, Angelapinks, PetPuppyAlex and 10 others
If it doesn’t hurt you or anyone else and your not obsessing over it to the point where your not going to work or not socializing because of it, then your fine. Everyone has little secrets.
With everyone’s piercings this and that and letting their pants hang down their butt and playing their butt thumping music. Diapers are down right tame compared to some things other people are doing out there. It’s just another type of underwear, enjoy and indulge your r not hurting yourself or anyone else.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Angelapinks, Jr2012, Subtlerustle and 4 others
I really do not think shame is a factor with consideration to religion and liking to wear diapers. What makes you feel that liking to wear affects your religious devotion?

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks
Rearzlover said:
If it doesn’t hurt you or anyone else and your not obsessing over it to the point where your not going to work or not socializing because of it, then your fine. Everyone has little secrets.
With everyone’s piercings this and that and letting their pants hang down their butt and playing their butt thumping music. Diapers are down right tame compared to some things other people are doing out there. It’s just another type of underwear, enjoy and indulge your r not hurting yourself or anyone else.
Thanks, that's helpful and so true. I appreciate it!

Reactions: Angelapinks and Jr2012
Hi, there a Wellcome.

First you, not the only Christian that like to wear. As for it fitting in with your faith, the Bible said nothing about Diapers. I am pretty sure God does not mind what underwear we put on.

Anyway, have fun

Hugs

Reactions: Angelapinks, mardon1975, ARBBB2 and 5 others
Rearzlover said:
Butt thumping music! 😂😂

hello and welcome 😊 You’re going to find lots of support and info here on adisc, lots of friendly people.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Jr2012, Traveller and 1 other person
hawkgirl said:
You have fun and enjoy yourself, you only have one life, enjoy it as much as possible. Could be over tomorrow. I just went through a cancer scare with melanoma, and it will give you a new perspective on life when a Dr says the “C” word to you. Especially if you knew someone that died of it, scared the crap out of me. After a couple of weeks I got the good report that they got it all out, but I do look at life a lot different now. I don’t give a crap what other people think of me anymore, I’m going to enjoy whatever I’ve got left from now on.

Reactions: Angelapinks, mardon1975 and Jr2012
Welcome to the community! As mentioned, there are a fair number of Christians here. I have been a DL for two years and am a Christian. I don’t think it is a problem as long as it doesn’t distract you from your faith.

Reactions: abdilly, Angelapinks and Jr2012
Welcome and another fellow Christian ABDL here!

Reactions: Angelapinks, Jr2012, KrankyPants and 1 other person
hawkgirl said:
Hello everyone! I'm new to adisc, I've known I am an ABDL for about 7 years now. I really struggle with shame in wearing diapers and go through the binge/purge cycles, which I know is super common. I'm also a Christian and I struggle with where my faith fits into this. Deep down I believe that if I want to come home from work and put on a diaper for comfort, I don't see anything wrong with that and it's not hurting anyone, but I still struggle with shame, a lot. Does anyone else feel like this? Also loving the new Goodnite XLs!
I am also a Christian. My Faith is very important to me. I wear diapers 24/7 for the comfort and security they give me. Some people go home a drink wine or alcohol from work. So there is definitely no problem if you want to go home and put on a diaper. As long your faith comes first and diapers last, its okay

hawkgirl said:
I'm also new and a christian! I really relate to you in questioning myself and whether or not my want for diapers is okay. I struggled with shame and I still do sometimes. However, I've learned to realize that God loves me whether or not I want to wear diapers. Being an abdl is something I want and sometimes something I really need and that's okay. And all in all I just want you to know you arent alone. Anyways, sorry for the long response. I hope you enjoy adisc! Theres a lot of good people here and talking to all of them and hearing their stories might really help. Good luck and have fun!!!

Reactions: Angelapinks, Traveller and RedPandaDL
hawkgirl said:
Welcome. I grew up Christian and dealt with the same shames. I looked to the same verses you probably encountered. 1 Corinthians 13:11, especially.

The truth is, at the expense of being a cliche, I’m now a flaming atheist, so in the interest of honesty, I’ll speak to you from that perspective.

I think we ascribe a lot of things to god and religion needlessly. Questions of why god would make me this way, or what does god think of what I’m doing at this very moment. We are conditioned for this “god is always watching” stuff traditionally because it makes raising kids a lot easier. As a result, we ascribe a lot of our parents’ opinions to god. I’m convinced it also does significant damage once we become adults where we feel guilty for no particular reason.

You will need to master that guilt to stop your binge/purge cycles. It’s easier to assume god doesn’t have an opinion on everything.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Traveller and Lightstreak2553
hawkgirl said:
Welcome to the site, and just remember. If people didn't struggle with this there wouldn't be a support community. As far as faith, I don't know where you are in your walk. I've said this before to some people, the best analogy for sex that I heard as a teenager from a Pastor was "fire is great when it's in the fireplace, it's not great outside the fireplace, keep the fire in the fireplace" I guess you can tell this pertains to views on sex before marriage. Do I know exactly where how diapers/a fetish fit "in the fireplace" so to speak, No. It's not as clear cut...but I definitely know what fetishism looks like "out of the fireplace" so to speak. So my advice for you is to find your fireplace. If that's wearing for comfort in the privacy of your own home, good for you. Hope you find what you're looking for with the site.

hawkgirl said:
I am also a Christian, have talked a lot with my pastor and many therapists, and none of them have a problem with it. My pastor is more concerned about my anger towards my
mother and wants me to deal with that, and she has been dead for 10 years. Please stop the binge and purge cycle, just put them away , don't destroy them like I did, would love to share more but have to get back to work , will chat with u tomorrow!??

Reactions: Angelapinks and Traveller
hawkgirl said:
I can totally relate to this. I’ve only recently started to actively accept this part of me. Don’t be discouraged to find your own comfort with this side of yourself! 🤗 As far as the Christian aspect, I too struggled in that area. All I can undoubtedly advise you to do is to always be true to yourself! You can do it!🍼

Reactions: Angelapinks, Traveller and New2DLWorld
This is a great place for support, and the struggles are hard for me too, you’re not alone

Reactions: Angelapinks, SecretBabyBoy and Traveller
New2DLWorld said:
This is a great place for support, and the struggles are hard for me too, you’re not alone
🤗

I wrote this yesterday I think, but it's pretty much what I always say to newbs in the B/P vicious circle.....

"Like Teddy02 above, it was over 50 year's of hiding and going through the cycle. Must have cost me more than a few hundred £.
There was zero to learn back in the 70's and so us oldies are in the same place for feeling guilty/dirty/abhorrent/wrong all with the self loathing and self disrespect that went/goes with the purges.
I and MANY like me here on Adisc have found a friend and confidant in reading others life stories.
There's enlightenment to be found and an understanding that the B/P cycle is a fairly normal response, not only to AB/DL BUT so many other things in life.
IT'S A THING, get used to it, NO ONE GETS HURT BY IT, only OTHER PEOPLE'S so called morals.
I have known a few people who have much deeper and darker and downright weird (compared to ABDL!) things going on and they seem to accept themselves and would never dream of harming anyone else with it.
Simply KNOW you will be back. Allow that to remain a neutral thought if not a positive one. DON'T purge, pack it all away and KNOW it's there.
You are NOT doing ANYTHING illegal, just bizarre as my friends would say😁
We all need a little bizarre in our lives😁"

Reactions: NappyHappy, Angelapinks and RedPandaDL
Thanks so much to everyone for your support, I really appreciate all of your comments! This is a great community!

Reactions: Angelapinks, SAPexpanded, Traveller and 3 others
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back