If you wet the bed as a kid, did it naturally come back as an adult?

If you wet the bed as a child, did it eventually return?

• I’ve never been a consistent bedwetter.

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • I never became dry, I’m still a bedwetter.

Votes: 31 13.6%
  • I wet the bed as a child, but once I became dry, my bedwetting never came back.

Votes: 44 19.3%
  • I wet the bed as a child, became dry, but later it returned for no apparent reason.

Votes: 60 26.3%
  • I wet the bed as a child, became dry, but later it returned due to a physical issue.

Votes: 27 11.8%
  • I wet the bed as a child, became dry, but later it returned due to a mental health issue

Votes: 17 7.5%
  • I did not wet the bed as a child, but became a bedwetter later in life.

Votes: 25 11.0%

• Total voters
I really want my bedwetting to come back again so that I can wear diapers. If it doesn't, I'll finds guides here on how to become a bedwetter again.

Reactions: marlin, nectar0001 and Wetshisbed
I've never wet the bed before but am working on untraining to start doing so. Odd that there isn't an option like that but it's likely uncommon but I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'm committed to 24/7 and that includes not being woken up with a dang urge to pee.

Reactions: marlin and nectar0001
Tenaman said:
I wet the bed as a child up to about age 6 and remember being out into Terry nappies and plastic pants. I the started wetting the bed again aged 10 - 12, which was no fun as I was away at boarding school but there were quite a few other boys who also wet the bed. I was then dry bar the occasional accident until my mid twenties when I started to wet the bed again after a spinal injury playing rugby damaged the nerves. Unfortunately, over the years I have had further problems with my spine requiring a number of operations and my bladder issue have got much worse. I wet every night and also have daytime problems, so have been back in nappies for many years as I found this the best way to manage my IC.
So similar to me. Terry nappies at night into late teens, then a dry period, but since my 30’s a combination of overactive bladder, spinal surgery and reduced nerve sensations have meant being back in nappies every night for last 20 years and also having daytime issues that result in me sometimes wearing in the day too dependent on my daily situation. Accepted that nappies are the best way to manage things and I like wearing them.

Reactions: Deleted member 69135
Not an option, but once I started to wear and rely on diapers during the day, nighttime control plummeted to "no dry nights" within a year.

Reactions: marlin and bedwetterdavid
Bryle said:
I wet the bed as a kid and was diapered every night until 9. I’m 19 now. My little brother still wets and I got very jealous of his diapers so I started wetting on purpose and ended up getting caught and mom went back to putting me in diapers at night. It’s been almost a year of that and now I wet almost every night without ever waking up or trying.
How did your mom catch you?

Reactions: Deleted member 39574
AndrewShannon said:
I really want my bedwetting to come back again so that I can wear diapers. If it doesn't, I'll finds guides here on how to become a bedwetter again.
Always happy to chat on here about bedwetting

• Love
Reactions: nectar0001, WBxx, Deleted member 39574 and 1 other person
GamerBro said:
I wet the bed until I was in high school. I started wearing diapers again in my twenties. Started to notice my bedwetting was coming back when I would go to bed without a diaper and wake up with some wet spots. Took a break from diapers to avoid that from becoming an issue.
Some wet spots? Maybe you were experiencing noctural emissions? I used to get those too especially if didnt ejaculate for a while. But when I wet my bed into my late teens and later than that there was only one wet spot on the bed that was usually at least three feet across and from my knees to my pillow.

Reactions: WBxx, Wetshisbed and bedwetterdavid
Wetshisbed said:
Always happy to chat on here about bedwetting
Thanks. I want to be bedwetter again so I'm always looking for advice on how to untrain.

Reactions: marlin
AndrewShannon said:
Thanks. I want to be bedwetter again so I'm always looking for advice on how to untrain.
Same here. O.O I'd like to become incontinent/bedwetter but I never bedwet so I'm taking my time. And no, don't debate me or complain to me about my life choices. They are mine to make.

AndrewShannon said:
This thread is placed in Incontinence forum. Are you the opinion that Incontinence forum is the right place to ask for advice on how to untrain ?!?!?

Respect the rules for posting in IC forum, otherwise you might get banned!!

Reactions: bdale and InconLifer
Omg301 said:
Same here. O.O I'd like to become incontinent/bedwetter but I never bedwet so I'm taking my time. And no, don't debate me or complain to me about my life choices. They are mine to make.
This thread is placed in Incontinence forum. Are you the opinion that Incontinence forum is the right place to ask for advice on how to untrain ?!?!?

Respect the rules for posting in IC forum, otherwise you might get banned!!

Reactions: InconLifer
I wet the bed fairly frequently until 13 or 14. I’ve had wetting accidents here and there, but it’s only been a few times a year. Usually I wake up while happening so never had major problem. Sometimes it’s a peeing dream which is odd. When I used to drink in my late 20s into my 30s it was frequently when I drank a lot, but not always. Bed wetting is the main cause of me liking/wanting diapers, so not sure if there is some component there now forgetting I’m not diapered or not.

Wetshisbed said:
I was a chronic nightly bedwetter growing up and was seldom dry at night until my late teens and not reliably dry at night until my early 20's. Throughout my adult life I had episodes of bedwetting some lasting the odd night and other times for nights or even weeks and then I would be dry again. Then in my late 40s my bedwetting came back after a long dry spell. This time it came back to stay and within 6 months I was wetting every night again. Now 10 years on and I am never dry at night.My Mother always used to say "once a bedwetter always a bedwetter"
Exactly like me, but my issue was aggravated by seriously prolapsed discs when I was in late 30’s / early 40’s. I eventually had surgery to sort the back mechanically and am now pain free and have good mobility and function but it’s had an adverse effect on my bladder control. 60 now and never had a dry night in over 20years and also suffer from OAB and real sudden urges in the day. I also have diverticular disease and IBS which occasionally flares up. It’s nappies every night for me just like I used to have to wear right through childhood and teens, and I often wear daytime protection too depending on what situation I am in. I’d rather wear than deal with embarrassing accidents and soiled clothing. That said, I am so used to wearing nappies i actuality quite like wearing and find myself more and more comfortable with it as I get older

I have worn nappies 24/7 for over 10 year they are just part of my normal attire now.

bedwetterdavid said:
I’m interested in how many childhood bedwetters eventually returned to wetting the bed as an adult.

My answer is I wet the bed as a child and became dry, but later it came back for no apparent reason. Although the neurologist thinks it’s likely due to stress, so I suppose I could say a mental health issue. But I don’t experience stress any other business owner/father doesn’t deal with. It’s not like I have PTSD or something.
I’ve never been dry at night.

I wet the bed every night until I was about 8, then it tapered off gradually by the time I was 9. But even after daytime potty-training at 4, I always had to wear diapers at night, and continued to do so all way until I was 9 years old. I just wore regular Huggies diapers- they fit me. I started to wake up at night just before peeing, like too late to stop it, and would actually feel myself wetting my diaper in bed during the night. Then gradually I started to wake up with enough time to stop myself before I peed in my diaper, and would get up and go pee in the bathroom.
So I stopped wetting the bed and wearing diapers at around 9 years old. But then, when I was 27 (so 3 years ago) I randomly wet the bed again, and then it gradually just came back (almost as gradually as it tapered off when I was 9- weird like that) until now I not only wet the bed every night but have near-total UIC 24/7, so I wear diapers all the time now. And I don't wake up at night when I pee in my diapers anymore- just wake up wet.

I wet the bed until high school. Eventually got night-time trained and it went away. I still have the occasional accident, usually when I’m sick or really stressed, but I’m basically dry every night. I generally wear to bed but I take breaks from diapers every few days to prevent my bedwetting from coming back again.

Link2730 said:
I wet the bed until high school. Eventually got night-time trained and it went away. I still have the occasional accident, usually when I’m sick or really stressed, but I’m basically dry every night. I generally wear to bed but I take breaks from diapers every few days to prevent my bedwetting from coming back again.
Do you find that you are more prone to bedwetting when you're diapered? For me, I won't wake up at all until the morning, and I'll have a wet diaper. But if I don't wear one I will often wake up as I'm wetting myself and can usually limit the damage. I feel like maybe in my subconscious mind I know I'm protected so my body doesn't bother waking up when I'm diapered.

Reactions: bedwetter bobby
My bedwetting mostly stopped around sixteen, but at twenthtee it started when. I finally made a decision to start wearing adult diapers. Doing laundry at 2:00am is annoying. I'm fiftyfive now Doo the math. Diapers are like an inctchince policy for my beding

bedwetterdavid said:
Do you find that you are more prone to bedwetting when you're diapered? For me, I won't wake up at all until the morning, and I'll have a wet diaper. But if I don't wear one I will often wake up as I'm wetting myself and can usually limit the damage. I feel like maybe in my subconscious mind I know I'm protected so my body doesn't bother waking up when I'm diapered.
Sort of. I think my brain is so accustomed to my bedwetting from years of being a bedwetter that I’ll start bedwetting again when I wear diapers for prolonged periods of time. I’m not sure how far it would go or how reversible it would be so I always stop wearing whenever I start to notice it happening.

Back