If you wet the bed as a kid, did it naturally come back as an adult?

If you wet the bed as a child, did it eventually return?

• I’ve never been a consistent bedwetter.

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • I never became dry, I’m still a bedwetter.

Votes: 31 13.6%
  • I wet the bed as a child, but once I became dry, my bedwetting never came back.

Votes: 44 19.3%
  • I wet the bed as a child, became dry, but later it returned for no apparent reason.

Votes: 60 26.3%
  • I wet the bed as a child, became dry, but later it returned due to a physical issue.

Votes: 27 11.8%
  • I wet the bed as a child, became dry, but later it returned due to a mental health issue

Votes: 17 7.5%
  • I did not wet the bed as a child, but became a bedwetter later in life.

Votes: 25 11.0%

• Total voters

bedwetterdavid

Bedwetter, overactive bladder, diaper lover
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I’m interested in how many childhood bedwetters eventually returned to wetting the bed as an adult.

My answer is I wet the bed as a child and became dry, but later it came back for no apparent reason. Although the neurologist thinks it’s likely due to stress, so I suppose I could say a mental health issue. But I don’t experience stress any other business owner/father doesn’t deal with. It’s not like I have PTSD or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: LordDuque, jamie72, Deleted member 39574 and 1 other person
I only wet the bed 2-3 times at most as a child. So I really can't vote here. My nocturnal enuresis is occasional now, but how do you protect against that? So I have embraced the nighttime diaper to catch those as well as to sleep better, since I would otherwise need to get up 3+ times / night.

I also now know that if I were to stand up out of bed to go to the toilet that I would pee myself before I got there. So, diapers it is.

Reactions: chuck, chamberpot, bedwetterdavid and 1 other person
slimjiminy said:
I only wet the bed 2-3 times at most as a child. So I really can't vote here. My nocturnal enuresis is occasional now, but how do you protect against that? So I have embraced the nighttime diaper to catch those as well as to sleep better, since I would otherwise need to get up 3+ times / night.

I also now know that if I were to stand up out of bed to go to the toilet that I would pee myself before I got there. So, diapers it is.
Same here I would be up 3/4 times a night
I still wake up a couple of times a night and most night at work I’ve already wet , if not I just peeing my nappy and go back to sleep
I 99% will wet in my sleep if very tired or stressed

I was a chronic nightly bedwetter growing up and was seldom dry at night until my late teens and not reliably dry at night until my early 20's. Throughout my adult life I had episodes of bedwetting some lasting the odd night and other times for nights or even weeks and then I would be dry again. Then in my late 40s my bedwetting came back after a long dry spell. This time it came back to stay and within 6 months I was wetting every night again. Now 10 years on and I am never dry at night.My Mother always used to say "once a bedwetter always a bedwetter"

Last edited:
Reactions: marlin, jamie72, bwsteve and 4 others
After ten dry years my bedwetting returned in late teens after drinking beer. Since then it has progressed to the point I now wet most nights with nary a drop of alcohol.

Reactions: chamberpot
I was not an accidental bedwetter that i remember, now for sure i was a bedwetter from around age 6 on pretty often by choice and have been for the last 64 years or so. I have been a constant bedwetter the last 10 years or so and really couldn't say if I wet accidently or by choice .. I know that I make no effort not to be a bedwetter and just take precautions to be better protected for it now.

I didn´t wet my bed consistently while growing up, save for the odd accident every now and then.

One morning when I was 30 I woke up to find I had flooded the bed I was sharing with my then gf. Sleep-wetting started happening more and more often, and it quickly became a nightly issue, despite my active attempts to make it stop. Resignation came after my Dr. told me my bedwetting was due to nerve damage, most likely caused by a very painful injury I had got a few months earlier while rock-climbing.

• Love
Reactions: marlin and charliee
I was dry for the most part as a kid. Though when I started wearing 24x7 as an adult, my nighttime control plummeted like a lead balloon.

Last edited:
Reactions: bedwetterdavid
bedwetterdavid said:
I’m interested in how many childhood bedwetters eventually returned to wetting the bed as an adult.

My answer is I wet the bed as a child and became dry, but later it came back for no apparent reason. Although the neurologist thinks it’s likely due to stress, so I suppose I could say a mental health issue. But I don’t experience stress any other business owner/father doesn’t deal with. It’s not like I have PTSD or something.
I also wet the bed as a child, then stopped until later in life with a bladder infection. Still have occasional problems,both #1 and #2 so it’s diapers for me.

enthusi said:
I was dry for the most part as a kid. Though when I started wearing 24x7 as an adult, my nighttime control plummeted like a lead balloon.

This is interesting to me, especially since you didn’t have issues as a kid. Have you seen a urologist or pursued this to find out why you don’t wake up at night?

Been a bedwetter since birth so never went away for me more than the random night every so often. In a way it made it easier cause I never experienced a dry period so this has always just been normal to me

Reactions: diaperbobby and bedwetterdavid
I wet the bed occasionally as a kid and also had sleep terrors. That went away around 13. However, I had nocturia and gradually started wetting the bed again almost every night by the time I was 25. I’m 55 now. I might wake up with a dry diaper once or twice a year, but the vast majority of time, I’m soaked.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBlueHeron, charliee and bedwetterdavid
I did wet the bed, but never on accident. I always wished my mom would get me diapers. Being the youngest however, I just got a rubber sheet and was taught to do my own laundry :(

johnnykarate said:
Been a bedwetter since birth so never went away for me more than the random night every so often. In a way it made it easier cause I never experienced a dry period so this has always just been normal to me
This describes my situation, too. You said it well.

Reactions: charliee
Always wet really.

Reactions: bedwetterdavid
I can only recall one bed wetting incident when we were on holiday and that will have been when I was around 6 or 7 years old, bed wetting only returned at 40 and was not really any surprise as my bladder had been playing up for a long time.
Now it is very unusual if not worrying if I don't wake up wet!

Last edited:
My bedwetting tapered off at a late age. I had a lot of bladder problems when I was growing up and had even seen a urologist for severe OAB symptoms. Even when it "stopped", it was always there barely under the surface, and I would have a wet night occasionally when I did something to trigger it. But I did a good job keeping from having problems. In my 20s I was wetting it regularly again and it slowly increased through my 30s to be nearly every night.

I was a bedwetter as a child became dry until about 9 months ago with a dry spell of about 50 years became Urinary Incontinent from severe spinal stenosis but looking back to my childhood and not realizing that I loved diapers so when I'm became Ic I accepted it whole heartily and became ABDL I have no regrets whatsoever I found that wearing Diapers has a calming effect I'm not as stressed out.

Reactions: marlin and richieboy
BABYTIGERCUB said:
I was a bedwetter as a child became dry until about 9 months ago with a dry spell of about 50 years became Urinary Incontinent from severe spinal stenosis but looking back to my childhood and not realizing that I loved diapers so when I'm became Ic I accepted it whole heartily and became ABDL I have no regrets whatsoever I found that wearing Diapers has a calming effect I'm not as stressed out.
Me too! Diapers do have such a calming effect!

I wet my nappy the five nights in a week I wear them to bed, mainly so I don’t have to fully wake up and consequently have reduced sleep. The other two nights I get up as required and suffer the consequences. I’ve been doing this for used and have never wet the bed. I want to maintain control.

Back