If you had to choose. Give up wearing or become double incontinent what could you choose?

Being dual incontinent I would say that while you may believe that you would prefer it you have no idea of what you speak. It’s not something that you can turn on and off like you can now and it often occurs at the most inconvenient times. So as much as you may believe that you would prefer double, or what I call dual, incontinence reality would undoubtedly change your mind.

Reactions: CodyBaby
Double IC would be fine with me.

Give up wearing.

been living like i'm dual ic for quite some time. already conditioned to wet when awake and getting there with messing i'd go with dual ic eventually going to be conditioned to it anyway would get me there faster

Honeywell6180 said:
I actually wish I was never born on the autism spectrum and didn't have to deal with the sensory issues involved with it. While others paired off and got married when I was younger, I never experienced a single date and never had a relationship. But, I deal with the deck of cards that was handed to me.
If I may ask, kind person, surely if you desire a partner, it is not too late? I'm told life isn't a race or a competition -- we all have our own separate journeys, and it's impossible to compare your own to someone else's. Perhaps those "others" you mentioned rushed into marriage before they were ready, or their marriages didn't work out, or any number of other unknown things. In other words, I don't think you missed some milestone that you now can never fulfil -- rather, you simply didn't partake in a trend at the time others were doing so. You're not "behind," in other other words. You're just on your path, and that's all life is at the end of the day. We're all alone, and we pray we won't be lonely.

But if what you mean is that you feel lonely and have for a long time... It is a struggle. But you're not lost to time, and while I cannot imagine the struggles you suffer from with your sensory issues, people can still like you for who you are. There are ways to be near and interact with others. It's possible to have a partner who respects you for them.

But I don't mean to be assumptive, and I'm just conjecturing, please take my words with a grain of salt. I know very little. I really hope I haven't come across as insensitive or rude, and I apologize if so. I'm not the best at social cues. I only wish you my best.

I would have to say double incontinent. I have an emotional and comfort attachment to diapers for my entire life that giving them up would do more harm that good. I would manage when it comes to being in public and changing.

I would definitely choose incontinence. I already freely wet my padding anyways when I'm wearing, it's like it just floods out of me. If I had someone that would be changing me I wouldn't mind the messing either. I already pee so much during the day that it would honestly save me a couple hours a day making trips to the bathroom and interrupting whatever it is I'm working on.

Well, I have become Incontinent I do not know what double incontinent would like. So wearing my diapers and plastic pants is a must.

After recovery from prostate surgery four years ago, I started using male guards to catch an occasional small leak and can get by with them.

During recovery I first tried, then started exploring tabbed diapers. After the pandemic hit places closed public restrooms, and a number of my activities were changed to online meetings and seminars. Diapers allowed my to skip bathroom breaks during these online meetings.

I only didn't make it to the bathroom to poop three times, and for me, that was three times too many. Fortunately, each time I was either in my house or just walking up my porch steps. I was able to start cleanup within five minutes and each time it was a very unpleasant experience for me.

I can get by using pads, so my answer would be I would quit wearing diapers.

I would give up wearing. I feel bad for people who live with incontinence. Reading their stories and what many of them deal with. I could still wet my pants anyways😛

Reactions: iPad and Furrytum
I would give up wearing. I’ve suffered enough embarrasment for the minor yet frequent enough accidents from just very minor incontinence. Having double incontinence is not something to wish for. So many complexities.

Last edited:
Reactions: surprise35
I would give up wearing. I have no idea what it’s like to be dual IC but my experience as a teenager who needed to wear at night was enough to show me that it’s not something I would wish upon anyone. Even just wetting the bed is a lot less fun when it starts making you think about what social situations you may want to avoid.

Reactions: Furrytum and dllovergirl83
I would very sadly have to give it up. Financially it would be tougher, and insurance usually doesn’t cover high quality diapers from what I have heard. Then intense workouts and work outdoors I imagine would be tougher to navigate. All the respect to y’all out there who dont have a choice in the matter!!

Definately choose double ic. It would be difficult and messy and some days I would hate it but overall it’s what I want

I’ve been watching this topic since it started and have been wondering what I’d decide. In one hand, there are a lot of people on this forum who are dual IC and have discussed at length their struggles. I can empathize with them to am very small degree with my IBS.

But on the other hand, through three years of therapy, I agree with my therapist in that my diapers are part of who I am. They are part of my identity, thus would really be severely detrimental to my emotional well being.

So the question is this, is the emotional damage worth messy diapers. I can honestly think the answer is an emphatic no. Because of this, I would choose to be dual ic for life. My therapist and I talked about it at length and she and my PCP believe that I will end up losing total control in the future.

I've always been IC. Profoundly diaper dependent. If you want to be completely IC, take a serious test. Wear your diapers 24/7 for a month. No time off. Where ever you go. Work, shopping or simply walking around in public. And if yo have a BM accident, everyone might know. You will smell and will have a large bulge in the bottom of your diaper. Or perhaps you experience a strong urge and wet your diaper to the point that you flood. And maybe leak your clothes. And for that others will certainly know. Than after a month then you can decide. I'm sure that some abdl people might say "not for me." Others will say"give me more diapers." But remember, abdl people, at some point, they can get tired after a while. Or maybe when they are trying to get closer to a girl or boyfriend and you want to leave your diapers off. You just leave the diapers at home. IC is a daily life challenge. You might get a diaper rash. You might have a disaster with a massive BM in a meeting at work. And lets forget, you have to adjust your finances for diapers and supplies. If you finish the test, you might be a 24 hour abdl guy. But I think most of them only enjoy being IC when it's only convenient. IC is a real lifestyle. Everyday. The poster questioned about one way or the other. That's why most abdl people only enjoy their diapers when it's convenient.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater, iPad and Furrytum
I would rather give it up.
Diapers are a good, healthy and legal way of destressing and regressing. But it needs to be controlled and with a limit. Otherwise it is not enjoyable.

Reactions: James1234 and Edgewater
Back