IC and work - Scented or Unscented changes?

Scented products at work? (powders, creams, but not scented diapers)

• Total voters

AccidentsHappen

Disabled / F-IC / OAB
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
For those of us in diapers in an office environment around others - what accessory products do you use to mask any odor issues, if any? I'm not asking about scented diapers, just the rest of your change kit. Do you use a scented or unscented powder? Do any of your creams or ointments have any aromas or other giveaways? Has anyone ever noticed or said anything? Do you use a diaper cover to assist with odor control between changes?

And why is it so hard to fund unscented corn starch in a powder bottle?! Do you just buy regular corn starch from the baking section for this? :LOL:

Thanks all!

Vaseline as a barrier on the crotch diaper lines, and powder J&J Vitamim E & Aloe, both are pretty much unscented, last time i used J&J LAVENDER Powder I developped a yeast infection over about a week to two weeks of use. I never get diaper rash ever, never tried LAvender scent again. And I don't really trust off brand names for my lil' pee pee :p

Reactions: AccidentsHappen
AccidentsHappen said:
For those of us in diapers in an office environment around others - what accessory products do you use to mask any odor issues, if any? I'm not asking about scented diapers, just the rest of your change kit. Do you use a scented or unscented powder? Do any of your creams or ointments have any aromas or other giveaways? Has anyone ever noticed or said anything? Do you use a diaper cover to assist with odor control between changes?

And why is it so hard to fund unscented corn starch in a powder bottle?! Do you just buy regular corn starch from the baking section for this? :LOL:

Thanks all!inn
From reading your post, it seems to me that you, as well as others, on a diaper change, use something on the skin after it is clean plus baby-powder or similar. I'd ask why?

A parent used baby powder and cream on every diaper change due to mainly the poor quality of disposable diapers and/or cloth diapers. I don't know your age, nor can work out whether you were raised in cloth or disposable, but unless you were raised in the junk disposables of the 70s-80s, the only reason your parent would use a cocktail of cream and powder was to avoid nappy rash and to mask the smells.

When I change out or a wet/messy disposable, I use baby wipes to clean the area (even if it is just a wet diaper). If there is any rash starting, I put cream (castor oil & zinc oxide mix) on the area. I then use petroleum jelly (vaseline or similar) on the genitals and around the butt. On top of that, goes the diaper. I then use an talcuum powder between the inner thigh and the plastic of the diaper - to avoid friction rash - and the job is done. That talcuum powder I use is J&J, but any will do as the amount is too small to be noticed. All that is needed is to make sure that the thighs slide by the plastic on the diaper shell, no more.

In relation to the people that put a layer over their diaper area before placing a diaper on, that is insane as it does the following :-
  1. create little clumps of powder that gets wet and creates hot spots where diaper / yeast rash starts
  2. when one sits, comes out in a mist / tidal wave of smell and powder via the back of the diaper.
  3. slightly dull the smell of a messy diaper, where internal deodrants etc would eliminate it altogether.
  4. due to smell, scream out to everyone I USE BABY POWDER ON MY FANNY
So, unless you are female and can get away with it, I suggest that you keep the baby powder for home / night time use only, and find the talcuum powder that matches your aftershave - and please not Lynx...... as that amount of the Lynx effect is revolting. Plus, at this age, you should have found a proper aftershave.

Every male should have the following (all the same brand/smell) :-
  • stick or spray underarm antipersperant
  • talcuum powder
  • after-shave liquid (called lotion)
The female should have similar, but instead of after-shave, it is called eau de toilette (toilet water or perfume) where a drop is placed on one wrist at the pulse line, and the wrists rubbed together so it is on both wrists. If you want it on the back of your ears, rub your wrists there also. Please avoid bathing in same.

The concoction of bubbling creams etc that is flogged to the foolish should stay in the shops. If an anti-aging cream existed, males would use same on their testes to remove those wrinkles 🤪... but none exist.

If you have dry skin, wet it - in a shower. If you have oily skin, wash it in a shower using as mild a soap as you can get - after all, none of you sleep in barrels of crude oil! Also, the same stuff that you use to wash your body can be used to wash your hair. I personally use a baby soap in liquid form that I get from either Aldi or Lidl. It is all about acidity and PH balance - all a soap is supposed to do is trap oils, i.e. as a sufactant - so it can assist you rinse off the dirt down the drain.

Your skin covers all your body, so if you have this magic concoction that is supposed to be good for your hands, it can go anywhere as you are covered with skin. I have seen, in some idiots bathroom, soap/cream for ears, soap/cream for chin, soap/cream for head hair, soap/cream for facial hair.... and the list goes on. On a human body, is skin... and there is little space left for anything else. On this skin is hair, some so fine that you can't see it. Each bit of your body came from two cells - one from your mother and one from your father. As a result, every cell in your body (lets limit it to skin) is roughly the same - and all it needs is water to keep it clean. Please don't fall for the idiots advertisement that skin on on ear is different to the other - and most people laugh at that, yet use different soap for hair and skin on head to hair and skin on face!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AttilaThePun
babykeiff said:
From reading your post, it seems to me that you, as well as others, on a diaper change, use something on the skin after it is clean plus baby-powder or similar. I'd ask why?
I'm F-IC and will get a rash without a barrier. It, along with powder, are must haves for me, even if they aren't for you.
babykeiff said:
A parent used baby powder and cream on every diaper change due to mainly the poor quality of disposable diapers and/or cloth diapers. I don't know your age, nor can work out whether you were raised in cloth or disposable, but unless you were raised in the junk disposables of the 70s-80s, the only reason your parent would use a cocktail of cream and powder was to avoid nappy rash and to mask the smells.
Unsure why my past is relevant, but I do want to avoid nappy rash and mask any smells.
babykeiff said:
When I change out or a wet/messy disposable, I use baby wipes to clean the area (even if it is just a wet diaper). If there is any rash starting, I put cream (castor oil & zinc oxide mix) on the area. I then use petroleum jelly (vaseline or similar) on the genitals and around the butt. On top of that, goes the diaper. I then use an talcuum powder between the inner thigh and the plastic of the diaper - to avoid friction rash - and the job is done. That talcuum powder I use is J&J, but any will do as the amount is too small to be noticed. All that is needed is to make sure that the thighs slide by the plastic on the diaper shell, no more.

In relation to the people that put a layer over their diaper area before placing a diaper on, that is insane as it does the following :-
  1. create little clumps of powder that gets wet and creates hot spots where diaper / yeast rash starts
  2. when one sits, comes out in a mist / tidal wave of smell and powder via the back of the diaper.
  3. slightly dull the smell of a messy diaper, where internal deodrants etc would eliminate it altogether.
  4. due to smell, scream out to everyone I USE BABY POWDER ON MY FANNY
Even just a wet diaper change needs a good hygienic cleaning. I use wipes for initially cleaning up messes, but always use a foaming cleanser that is, IMO, far superior to any wipe. Powder gets applied lightly to the diaper, not to me, so no clumps or anything. Very light dusting for chafing/sticking reasons.

Really though I want to know what reasons people do or do not use scented products at work, not change routine. Just what products/scents/scent free items people choose and why. I have a good routine already. I often use baby powder even when not diapered (I guess in the past now) so this isn't scary or anything.

babykeiff said:
So, unless you are female and can get away with it, I suggest that you keep the baby powder for home / night time use only, and find the talcuum powder that matches your aftershave - and please not Lynx...... as that amount of the Lynx effect is revolting. Plus, at this age, you should have found a proper aftershave.
I am non binary. You should not assume anyone's gender, preferences, or tell them how they should or should not be smelling masc or fem. My whole work knows I am non binary and I present somewhat fem. Not trying to be a dick about it and I mean this in the nicest way possible, but, please, not appropriate. Thanks for understanding.

The concoction of bubbling creams etc that is flogged to the foolish should stay in the shops. If an anti-aging cream existed, males would use same on their testes to remove those wrinkles 🤪... but none exist.

If you have dry skin, wet it - in a shower. If you have oily skin, wash it in a shower using as mild a soap as you can get - after all, none of you sleep in barrels of crude oil! Also, the same stuff that you use to wash your body can be used to wash your hair. I personally use a baby soap in liquid form that I get from either Aldi or Lidl. It is all about acidity and PH balance - all a soap is supposed to do is trap oils, i.e. as a sufactant - so it can assist you rinse off the dirt down the drain.

Your skin covers all your body, so if you have this magic concoction that is supposed to be good for your hands, it can go anywhere as you are covered with skin. I have seen, in some idiots bathroom, soap/cream for ears, soap/cream for chin, soap/cream for head hair, soap/cream for facial hair.... and the list goes on. On a human body, is skin... and there is little space left for anything else. On this skin is hair, some so fine that you can't see it. Each bit of your body came from two cells - one from your mother and one from your father. As a result, every cell in your body (lets limit it to skin) is roughly the same - and all it needs is water to keep it clean. Please don't fall for the idiots advertisement that skin on on ear is different to the other - and most people laugh at that, yet use different soap for hair and skin on head to hair and skin on face!

Face skin/diaper area skin is absolutely different than body skin. There are medicines you CANNOT apply to your face or diaper area due to different absorption rates and skin types (see topical steroids or cortizone for example). Just wanted to call this out so people don't accidentally use something they shouldn't. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS make sure your creams are diaper area safe!!! Your diaper area absorbs medicnes FORTY TIMES FASTER than regular skin.

Anyways, I will continue to use the supplies I need and the care routine that works best for me. Just curios what other's thoughts on scents in public are... thanks for the response.

Reactions: Edgewater, AquaticDiapers, PrincessRaccoon and 2 others
I'd rather smell like lavender, than wet pee pee. I'm sure my coworkers would agree.

Reactions: Edgewater, EcoIncon and AccidentsHappen
DiaperedDragon said:
Vaseline as a barrier on the crotch diaper lines, and powder J&J Vitamim E & Aloe, both are pretty much unscented, last time i used J&J LAVENDER Powder I developped a yeast infection over about a week to two weeks of use. I never get diaper rash ever, never tried LAvender scent again. And I don't really trust off brand names for my lil' pee pee :p
JJ Lavender is my go-to. But I'm thinking unscented is probably going to be better for work. I use vaseline or rash cream for every change, anywhere that might get wet or messy. How aroma free is the JJ Vitamin E Aloe powder? The lavender is fairly strong so I was thinking of switching products while in the office.

I'm wondering if anyone uses a body spray? (A reasonable quick dust just to be noticable/mask a diaper, not a shower in the stuff where no one can breathe)

Reactions: Edgewater and AttilaThePun
AccidentsHappen said:
JJ Lavender is my go-to. But I'm thinking unscented is probably going to be better for work. I use vaseline or rash cream for every change, anywhere that might get wet or messy. How aroma free is the JJ Vitamin E Aloe powder? The lavender is fairly strong so I was thinking of switching products while in the office.

I'm wondering if anyone uses a body spray? (A reasonable quick dust just to be noticable/mask a diaper, not a shower in the stuff where no one can breathe)
Very Odour free! unless you stick your nose directly into the diaper, i find it help neutralize smells, and doesn't clump as much as the REAL TALCUM powder
They should of just called it CUM powder :p

Sorry thought this was the sexual side of Adisc

Last edited:
@AccidentsHappen, I find some of the more high-end powders and creams have a less classic (e.g., JJ) baby smell. For example Burt's Bees or Babo. Using an powder for adults can be a consideration. Since this is your office kit, guessing a light dusting is what you want to help to deal with initial smell but not full on perfume counter effect. Also, I would venture to say the higher price would be offset by using small amounts and the product would last longer.

daylight said:
@AccidentsHappen, I find some of the more high-end powders and creams have a less classic (e.g., JJ) baby smell. For example Burt's Bees or Babo. Using an powder for adults can be a consideration. Since this is your office kit, guessing a light dusting is what you want to help to deal with initial smell but not full on perfume counter effect. Also, I would venture to say the higher price would be offset by using small amounts and the product would last longer.
I usually wear JJ lavender at home but yeah, would like something subtle for work. I don't mind a little fragrance but don't want to give off "I'm wearing a diaper" vibe.

Reactions: daylight
Jeff Rictus said:
I'd rather smell like lavender, than wet pee pee. I'm sure my coworkers would agree.
I absolutely hate the DRY Pee Pee :p

• Haha
Reactions: Jeff Rictus and AccidentsHappen
AccidentsHappen said:
I usually wear JJ lavender at home but yeah, would like something subtle for work. I don't mind a little fragrance but don't want to give off "I'm wearing a diaper" vibe.

Couldn't agree more. Heavy body sprays, deodorants, and lotions in the office space is annoying. Light scents are the way to go in general in a professional environment. However, it may be business appropriate if Native comes out with a new body wash and commercial for the J&J Blue Cap & Amber scent.

DiaperedDragon said:
Very Odour free! unless you stick your nose directly into the diaper, i find it help neutralize smells, and doesn't clump as much as the REAL TALCUM powder
They should of just called it CUM powder :p

Sorry thought this was the sexual side of Adisc
I just cheeked, I actually have the same aloe and vitamin e powder in my current diaper bag. It's still probably a bit more fragrant than I had hoped, but it does the job for now. Maybe the guy at the factory superchraged this batch or something! I might get creative with some pure cornstarch and some essential oils. A mildly vanilla aroma would be perfect for me.

I use scented wipes and used to use baby powder more frequently than I do now when I was worried about rashes. I never had anyone comment on a smell, but maybe they were being polite. People use powder powder for reasons other than incontinence, like jock itch and chafing.

Reactions: Edgewater, AccidentsHappen and EcoIncon
I'm in Europe and i've been using this almond baby oil for a couple of years. I haven't had any diaper rashes since i started using it. It smells naturally sweet and helps with the odors as well. When i want that babyish scent i add on a layer of liquid powder which has the consistency of a lotion but the same smell as J&J powders. Its easy to apply and doesn't fly everywhere.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231027_123659_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20231027_123659_Opera.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20231027_123841_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20231027_123841_Opera.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater, AccidentsHappen and EcoIncon
The dude wipes I use are mint scented wipes (cause I can't handle the medicinal scent of the unscented wipes). I don't think the smell lingers. Other than that I use Eucerin to keep my skin hydrated after it is clean. No barrier creams or powders. Haven't had any skin issues since I started this regimen.

Reactions: Edgewater and AccidentsHappen
Barrier cream, and scented baby powder.

Reactions: Edgewater
I use baby wipes religiously, when I change at work. I mean not that I'm necessarily wiping off anything in particular. But I just use the wipes in sort of a general all-over kind of way. I feel like it freshens things up. I also change at lunchtime whether I need to or not!

But no, I don't use anything with any particular scent. I figure the important part is not smelling like pee (more than I have to)!

Reactions: Edgewater
I have long used J&J baby powder and just continued on when they changed to corn starch. I use a light barrier cream that has no scent. I also, use a NS Trifecta diaper cover and that group has not triggered any response. Those normally around me would tell me! Been 24/7, U-IC for a very long time and have always been sensitive regarding a smelly diaper.

One of the biggest methods is keeping one's liquid levels up!! That works well at both limiting rash and urine smell.

Back