Not open for further replies.

littlewes

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi all,
I would like to share with you about the most fantastic new crib I have for my nursery. I have always wanted a crib this year I finally did it.

I ordered a Playcrib from Babica(http://ungulate11.wix.com/babicka).

M6HSXcc

It came in two days ago and took me about two hours to set it up the first time, mostly because I was being super careful and wanted to make sure all of the pieces fit together correctly as I did not want to break anything.

I got to sleep in the crib over the last two nights, they were the best nights sleep I have had. I was shocked that I woke up in the same position that I fell asleep in, as I usually travel around the bed when I am sleeping. It made me feel so little laying there looking up at the bars and upper railings of the crib, in a way my world shrunk down to the wall of my nursery. I have no idea how they got the proportions so right, so you do not feel like you are in a sized-up baby crib, it feels like it was built for an adult. When I am in my Playcrib, I genuinely stop caring what was going on outside of my crib and nursey.

One of my favorite features of the crib is that it can easily be assembled or take down (in case company comes over and it would be awkward to explain why there is a crib). Once dissembled it fits under a bed frame, allowing it to be a case of out of sight out of mind. This also allows you to take it with you if you are going on a play date and want to bring a crib along. They also have short legs you can order which will make the bottom rails closer to the ground making it more like a playpen. One elegant feature of the Playcrib is that you can add multiple Playcrib rails together to form a massive playpen.
Another neat feature is the ability to move the access gates to side or to the end depending on how your room is configured.

I was a little worried about the price a first as the twin Playcribs starting at USD 1000.00 and going up as the bed sizes get larger. I then got to thinking about it and realized that most quality head and foot boards for a bed are near to the same price range and the price range on a baby crib is USD 200-500 range it starts to feel like a fantastic price. As a comparison, the Adult Baby Furnitures twin crib begins at USD 1295 for the unfinished option. Also, if the Playcrib is shipping to the U.S., they are offering free shipping, which given the shipping weight was 127 pounds this is a terrific deal.

The sizes of Playcribs are:
A twin Or twin XL is USD 1000,
Double or Queen is USD 1100,
King sized are USD 1200.

Color options were:
White(default)
Blue (extra fee $200)
Pink (extra fee $200)
Yellow (extra fee $200)

My Playcrib configuration:
I bought a 16-inch bedframe from Amazon and a LUCID 14 Inch Memory Foam Mattress. This raised the top of the bed to thirty inches off the ground making sure the bottom crib rail is well below the top of the mattress as the top of the of the bottom bed rail is 20 inches from the floor. The height helps a lot for diaper changes from inside the crib as it puts you closer to your Big or caregiver. As you are higher off the ground, it makes you feel even littler as the floor seems like a million miles below you.

orhkvo5

Pros:
Super easy to set up and take down.
Lots of room in the Playcrib
Fits over a standard bed sizes
You can use standard sheets, blankets, and waterproof under-sheets.
I flipped my waterproof bedliner inside out to put the water-proof side up so if/when I leak all we have to do is wipe up the puddle and change the sheets 😊 without having to wash the bedliner.
The Playcrib can be stored under a bed frame or in a closet when taken apart
Portable great for play dates
Super easy to work with Babica and they keep updated on the progress

Cons:
As it is custom furniture, it can take some time to complete.
The Playcrib is custom furniture, so it is a significant investment (but totally worth it: D)
It is little tricky to set up the Playcrib with one person

I hope you found this information helpful :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back