Quetzalli

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I’m thinking about converting my room into a nursery, and…. Everything I find online is just a bland beige! It’s baffling that nursery interior design has become like this. I want the bright, primary colors from when I was a baby! (Born in ‘95) Anyone know where I could find decor like that?

May have to break out the old paintbrush and do something yourself, kind of like this. With putting your bright colors on the wall and not exactly on the decor.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240119_184434_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240119_184434_Google.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: ABDLlover, PaddedCub and Quetzalli
I’d recommend getting whatever furniture you like and painting it yourself! You can pick the colours and it is fun!

Reactions: RaawrrrPincess, MarshallfromPawPatrol and Quetzalli
I posted my room back in December, I think. There are a few pictures but you will have to search for the post. I started with getting stuffed animals and I found that I really started liking giraffes so my decor started going in that direction. Two jungle themed carpets and many similar themed pictures and decals. My point is find what you like and go with that paint colors and decor. I just bought an old baby crib, unfortunately it doesn't have jungle themed decals but I think it will be cool when I restore it.

Reactions: Quetzalli
Oh your not looking in the right place found a lot on eBay. Search under nursery wall decor.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240120-034526~2.png
    Screenshot_20240120-034526~2.png
    308.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: Tomtomthedl
Stuff like this? 41E8P2ppQ-L._SL500_.jpg

Reactions: Tomtomthedl and foxkits
Amazon has a lot! So does Walmart! Dino book shelves, ABC rugs or the car rug was always fun!

Reactions: Quetzalli and foxkits
For inspiration I am sure you could look on a content aggregator like Pintrest and search for xx's (year) nurseries to see more of what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quetzalli and Tomtomthedl
Quetzalli said:
I’m thinking about converting my room into a nursery, and…. Everything I find online is just a bland beige! It’s baffling that nursery interior design has become like this. I want the bright, primary colors from when I was a baby! (Born in ‘95) Anyone know where I could find decor like that?
Personally I think the lack of loud color stems from what the eyes find relaxing. Think about it what color room would make you fall asleep faster a bright loud neon RGBY room, or a room with a dark calm singular color room. (granted a beige or grey room isn’t my favorite color either) As for me I wanted to make my room a dark forest green with stained wood half way up for a nice accent like this
1705818302941.jpeg
Personally I’d recommend if you’re going color block for the furniture go with a pastel color for the walls like the classic baby blue, or pink very soft subtle colors if you still want a playful atmosphere & you can always decorate the room like Andy’s from Toy Story or if you go towards pink I usually see a lot of rooms decorated with baby animals like lambs, chicks, ducklings & the like along with toy block spelling out your name ect.

Reactions: Quetzalli
Back