I inadvertently saw someone with a massive diaper bulge and now I’m worried that’s what I look like.

I stopped caring because most people are too oblivious to notice, and if they do, a) you're likely never going to see them again anyways and/or b) they wouldn't say anything even if they did. In other words, don't worry about it.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jorelaxed and Edgewater
I don't think a diaper bulge is noticeable unless it's a cloth diaper, or when wearing especially tight, stretchy clothing over them.
Even the thickest disposable diapers can be hidden simply by wearing a slightly loose pair of jeans.
So unless you're wearing cloth diapers in public I wouldn't worry.

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, littledreamers333 and 2 others
Yeah the diaper bulge can be noticable but then I tell folks that I wear a diaper if they ask, honestly the peeking worries me more lol

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
My diaper will sometimes bulge like that after wearing more than 10 hours, somewhat noticeable, but I try very hard to conceal it.😥

I am sure if someone was really looking, they might suspect I was in a diaper under my pants. As stated previously, it’s really none of their business.

The only time it enters my mind is when I am walking up stairs in front of someone while wearing a wet (potentially saggy) diaper. This is because it likely puts my diapered butt at or near their eye level. I just tell myself it’s not there business and carry on as normal.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jorelaxed, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
Diapers are not generally noticeable to other people as long as you're making good decisions about what type of diaper to wear and what you wear over it. Much of what I'm going to say has been mentioned in this thread already, but I wanted to summarize some of it and add my own thoughts.

Wear a diaper that is appropriate for your level of incontinence and the amount of absorbency you expect to need. Wearing a diaper that is too thin may lead to leaks, and wearing a diaper that is to thick may lead to excess bulk under your clothes. That said, I prefer to err on the side of too much absorbency since it's easier to conceal excess bulk than to hide wet clothes. You must also consider how your particular type of incontinence may affect your requirements, since constant small leaks may need a different product than sporadic large floods.

Choose your clothes carefully. Wear dark colors, which hide diaper leaks better and generally help to conceal diaper outlines. Heavier fabrics are also helpful in hiding the outline of diapers. Pockets, buttons, and seams can help to hide diapers, too. I'm fortunate that I can wear heavy cargo pants to work, and I keep the pockets full of various tools that I need for my job. They're dark-colored, they're heavy cotton fabric, and they have multiple pockets that break up the outline and make even thick diapers completely unnoticeable. In an office environment, heavier textured fabrics will conceal things better than lightweight, sheer fabrics.

Consider covers or support garments. Many people use diaper covers or underwear to hide the diaper from accidental view. I've recently started wearing onesies that absolutely prevent my diaper from showing over or down the waistband of my pants. I avoided onesies for years over fear that they'd make it impossible for the many times that I do make it to the toilet in time, but once I actually tried them I found that they really don't cause a problem. I wish I'd tried them years earlier. I wear mostly polo-style ones, but I also have some T-shirt ones that I can layer under other shirts or wear when I want to be dressed a little more casually.

Finally, be confident. Nervously tucking in your shirt ever couple of minutes or feeling your backside trying to decide if someone can tell that you're wearing a diaper simply draws attention to you, and especially your diaper area. That's just what you don't want. I've never been asked if I'm wearing a diaper, but it's useful to have an response ready - if someone does call me out at some point, I'm ready to tell them simply that I prefer not to discuss my personal medical issues.

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, New2slavery and 7 others
On many occasions, since I was in my mid to late teens, I’ve been out and about, knowing when I Ieft home that I would be intentionally soaking and filling my pants and panties. Black cotton pants and staying downwind and away from people has made it unlikely that anyone would notice.

But one time, when my pants were sagging under a massive load, and no doubt bulging in grand style, I heard someone call my name. It was a friend and fellow club member, waving to me and obviously wanting to stop and chat, which would have been extremely awkward. (He’s gay, and has a life-size marble sculpture of human buttocks, in a prone position, in his living room, but I have no reason to think that he’s a pee/poop fetishist like me. I also have no reason to think that he isn’t a pee/poop fetishist! I’ve wondered, since I seem to have some tendencies towards bisexuality, if he’s ever looked at my butt and fantasizes about having sex with me.) Anyway, I lied by first pointing to my watch, then pointing up the busy commercial street we were on, hoping to indicate that I was rushing to get to an appointment. I then turned away and walked quickly up the street, waddling just a little, crossed it, and headed for my “appointment”. It was a close call.

In recent years I’ve been showing signs of urinary incontinence. In ways, it would be nice to be able to wear and use a pull-up or diaper in public and not feel like a freak of nature!

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2
Honestly I no longer care if people notice I wear nappies

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, 247 and 2 others
Wetshisbed said:
Honestly I no longer care if people notice I wear nappies
same

Reactions: 247 and Edgewater
I think this thread is less about the poor disabled guy in a wheelchair than how we all feel about our own appearance.

Of course we're all conscious of the issue particularly when we start wearing nappies/diapers for those of us who haven't been IC all our lives. It's one of the biggest problems to loom up in the new situation. But in fact, as long as you don't have an exhibitionist streak, it rarely if ever arises. I wear them at work in a very public space and have never had a comment, and I doubt that anyone has ever noticed and is just being polite in keeping quiet. You do have to be sensible about the thickness of your protection and carefully choose the clothes you wear. Having said that, I mostly wear M4s at work with one or two inserts, often cloth, but I'm careful about exactly where the inserts go (more down in my crotch than up front) so I wear loose fitting pants/trousers and a onesie. I'm aware of the risk of leaks and odour and change appropriately. In the end, it's a matter of self-confidence once you realise that it isn't so big an issue you thought you had to face.

wetnappyjon said:
I think this thread is less about the poor disabled guy in a wheelchair than how we all feel about our own appearance.

Of course we're all conscious of the issue particularly when we start wearing nappies/diapers for those of us who haven't been IC all our lives. It's one of the biggest problems to loom up in the new situation. But in fact, as long as you don't have an exhibitionist streak, it rarely if ever arises. I wear them at work in a very public space and have never had a comment, and I doubt that anyone has ever noticed and is just being polite in keeping quiet. You do have to be sensible about the thickness of your protection and carefully choose the clothes you wear. Having said that, I mostly wear M4s at work with one or two inserts, often cloth, but I'm careful about exactly where the inserts go (more down in my crotch than up front) so I wear loose fitting pants/trousers and a onesie. I'm aware of the risk of leaks and odour and change appropriately. In the end, it's a matter of self-confidence once you realise that it isn't so big an issue you thought you had to face.
i get that, i was high af when read the thred. I do cover up and try to conceal my protecion. over the years i realise that no one cares about me wareing a diaper. in elementary school mittle school i was bullyed about my condtion as an adult its different

Oh, dear...

Yes. Your diaper makes your butt look big. All diapers make all butts look big. 🤗🥰🤭🧸🍼

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, PaddedRita and 1 other person
I have been in nappies 24/7 for 10 years. I can tell you no one notices nor cares.

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, wetnappyjon and 2 others
Diapers probably make butts look big but I don't think that's necessarily that recognizable as a diaper (depending on your dimensions and the pants you're wearing I think your butt might kind of look too flat with no visible butt cheek but I don't think most people are going to understand that that means you're wearing a diaper).

If you wear a high absorbency diaper like Northshore Supreme, I think once the crotch area gets wet and starts puffing up that might be more noticeable while you're walking. Still, as long as you can wear some sort of shirt/sweatshirt/sweater that covers a bit of your crotch so it's not obvious that your crotch area is sticking out too far I don't think it's noticeable, and having stuff in your pockets also helps.

I wouldn't even really worry about it that much unless you're around people you know who you don't want to find out, and in that case, odors and changing are more likely to be a problem then appearance/bulging.

I think some people who don't wear diapers think they can recognize when e.g. older people are wearing diapers based on appearance but even if you're used to diapers it can actually be pretty hard just based on bulges unless you can actually see the outline of the diaper because body fat can also create bulges that look extremely similar.

I guess if you're not wearing a diaper and 5 minutes later you're wearing a really thick diaper, someone observant might notice that it looks like you just gained 20 pounds and be confused even if they don't understand that it's a diaper though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, BunnyFofo and 2 others
enthusi said:
I was recently out and about, and I spotted a middle-aged who clearlyhad some developmental delays. He was sitting in a wheelchair and as we neared each other it couldn't help but notice a massive diaper bulge under his jeans. I wasn’t trying to gawk. It was that obvious.

Now I’m left wondering if that’s how my crotch looks to other people, and I never realized it. It’s kind of like how our eyes are trained to block out our noses, even though our nose is in our field of view the entire time. Then again I’ve been wearing for years and nobody has ever said anything. So if it is that obvious, then so be it.

Has anyone else been surprised to find they hand an obvious diaper bulge or other clear indicator that they didn’t notice until they saw themselves from a different angle?

(I can snap a pic, but I didn’t want it to be mistaken as a crotch shot, which technically it is, but not that type of crotch shot.)
I sometimes think mine is showing my wife has told me about it.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen
As my body weight changes, the diaper bulge becomes more or less apparent under my accommodating stretchy jeans, and has made me do double takes when catching the obvious front diaper bulge in the mirror... Being male, it's super apparent that it's not that I'm well endowed and doesn't come close to normal body fat distribution, lol. Different diapers and capacities (and amount of wetness...) obviously all play a role, but I'm much happier not leaking and having a front diaper bulge vs. thin and constant worry over leaks and more frequent changes. Also being male and with my body, the back of the diaper simply enhances my butt and isn't as noticable even when wet - ie, yep it's bigger and flatter, just not visually screaming "diaper under pants!" like the front does sometimes.

Never had anyone say anything, and honestly not so worried about it - but do laugh at myself from time to time! Pretty sure it's been noticed, but respectful professionals / adults prevented any sort of questioning. I'm not modeling, and discussions on choice of underwear aren't generally appropriate. I got over myself a long time ago, but totally relate to those fighting their own discomfort over outward appearances.

Fun comeback if asked (inappropriately) "are you wearing a diaper?" - "I could be, what type of underwear do you have on?" or "Ooh, do you think I'd look good in one?" 😀

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and 1 other person
Teddy said:
I stopped caring because most people are too oblivious to notice, and if they do, a) you're likely never going to see them again anyways and/or b) they wouldn't say anything even if they did. In other words, don't worry about it.
I used to worry about people noticing my nappy but realised no one cares. Now unless I am talking about it on sites like this I never think about it. I know that if anyone looked hard enough they can tell I wear nappies and they may hear the rustle of my plastic pants but so what. If I had wet pants all the time they would certainly notice.
My wife used to tell me no one can tell but eventually admitted it was pretty obvious especially when I wear tena slip maxis which I do if I know I might not be able to change as often as I would like.
After 10 years in nappies most people I know are aware of it anyway. All our close friends and family know I am incontinent and just accept I wear nappies all the time. My best friends wife even keeps a mattress protector to put on their spare bed when we stay over.

Reactions: Diprs2, wetnappyjon and Edgewater
sport1 said:
I sometimes think mine is showing my wife has told me about it.
My wife finally admitted you can tell I wear nappies

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, slimjiminy and Edgewater
One of the sad realities of travel now a days is how common Bed Bugs have become across the full spectrum of Hotels and Motels. Having a mattress protector on one's beds is just good practice for everyone regardless if bedwetting is a factor or not. When arriving home from bueiness travels or travels in general I would empty out my travel-on, the computer bag and wash or inspect everything. Have found a couple over the years.

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2 and slimjiminy
Hey friends, I'm from Russia, you all can't even imagine how lucky you are with your fetish/need to wear diapers, in terms of the attitude of people who are not in the DL\IC topic. You can walk around with a huge bulge from diapers, and you will catch a minimum of glances at your crotch, in your countries people are kinder, simpler and understanding. I have been to many developed countries, and it was very easy for me there psychologically and mentally than at home. In my country, it's difficult because people are petty, they always pay attention to the little things, if someone finds out that you wear diapers, the chances of normal communication are exhausted, you are immediately treated as a downer, mentally retarded, an outcast of society, with whom no one will deal in a "sane mind" I conducted an experiment to get acquainted with a girl for closer communication both in Moscow and in Northeast Ohio , as there were many acquaintances and attempts at rapprochement, so I have some experience in understanding people of different mentalities.
my conclusion - is that in America it is possible to live normally with such things as DL\IC. People, because of the diverse life, the abundance of all sorts of oddities around them, will not treat diapers as something strange, or they simply calmly accept the fact, that you are wearing =) Without global consequences when contacting people from society who know about you. If you show in my country that you DL = lose friends, lose a career, and even relatives can refuse for you. So be glad that you all live at the time and in the place where your fetishes do not build you really big problems.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, LePew and 2 others
Back