I have one video game I play. Never found another I could stick with. But...

PluggedandPadded

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Has anyone else had like one game they play and that's it? Right up until they release something you just can't get into and now you don't know where that leaves you?

Well for me Minecraft has been a massive thing. I have projects of every scale. When I apply for jobs I show my Minecraft portfolio to display my creativity and abstract ingenuity. For the longest time, this has been my thing (since the full release was put out and yes I was young then so the game grew in complexity as my mental processing speed did). But the new releases move further and further from my interests albeit perhaps due to my growing, still young, mind. This is a huge point of contention for me personally.

I've had this happen with a toy I once loved. I collected MEGA blocks relentlessly after figuring out Lego wasn't quite my interest and MEGA made guns and Halo and Call of Duty and things. But then the company screwed itself and reduced production because of company crap. Now I have tons of very cool, and some rare, stuff but I'm always left with a feeling of disappointment when I engage the stuff because I know it is archival at this point.

What I'm getting at is that I suppose I made it a component of my identity to a degree and now I'm stuck detaching myself from it and there isn't a replacement.

Heard that before? Yeah, every quitting abld post I read is about detaching your identity from a fetish you can't healthily engage. ironically I'm perfectly good with my fetishism and don't let it tangle my adult life. Yet these other non-fetish interests are something I dig into hard. Maybe this is just a regirgitation of thoughts but maybe I'm pointing something out that I'm somewhat unclear on. Perspective and insight would be welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Reactions: lillen
Back