I had my top teeth pulled today. A lot of pain.

BigAl2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
The bottoms were nothing compared to the tops. Im in a lot of pain. And i have a chip-monk face from swelling. I think the next few days are going to be rough.

• Wow
Reactions: Lethdale, Kirisin, PaigeCherubiel and 1 other person
ouch
can relate
had to have all my wisdom teeth pulled
it's not comfortable for sure
feel better soon
Check with your dentist what you can do for pain management

Reactions: Kirisin, BigAl2 and BobbiSueEllen
Oh, dear...are you taking ibuprofen? I took three pills 3 times a day for 24 hours, it really helped.

Reactions: BigAl2
I have ibuprofen and tyolal #3

Reactions: Lethdale and BobbiSueEllen
Ice packs and Ibuprofen. And start thinking about getting a pacifier. 😇

It took me 4 months to get all my rotting teeth pulled, paying sliding-scale, out-of-pocket: arrive with a bottle of ice-water & 3 ibuprofens waiting in the minivan, get 'em pulled, get to the minivan, down the pills with water...that helped the fading anesthetic. Repeat at 3 and bedtime, it made the pain very manageable.

The only things getting my teeth yanked improved:
  • Stopped oral bleeding & pain;
  • Eliminated future heart issues, and;
  • Made using my pacifiers & bottles much easier, much more comfy, thus feeling more like a baby. 🥳🥰

Reactions: Lethdale, Kirisin, BigAl2 and 1 other person
Sorry you're going through pain. Here's to when you heal and everything feels great!

Getting teeth pulled is rough! I hope in a few days it feels better!

Reactions: Kirisin, BigAl2, messydiaper and 1 other person
Took some meds and lied down for a bit. It helped.

• Love
Reactions: Lethdale, Kirisin, ade and 1 other person
Last year one of my incisors broke! Have had braces, onlybmade mouth hurt ( and i quit eating veggies, most fruit). Had several adult teeth removed, over the years. Dentist pulled out what was left of buckie. Bled awhile. My advice is, use paci in bed to keep from biting. Those cotton things just get soaked.

• Wow
Gotta wait 'til the sockets close up. I heard dry-socket is very bad, very painful. They tell everybody "No straws for awhile", should apply to pacifiers, too. The right day will come very soon. It was worth the wait for me. Now...an eternity of binky-face! 🥳🥳🥳🥰🥰🥰

Reactions: Kirisin, dogboy and BigAl2
Sore one hope u feel bettter soom @BigAl1 xxx

Reactions: Kirisin and BigAl2
I just did a salt water gargle. It feels funny now lol.

Reactions: Kirisin, DLJosie and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
Gotta wait 'til the sockets close up. I heard dry-socket is very bad, very painful. They tell everybody "No straws for awhile", should apply to pacifiers, too. The right day will come very soon. It was worth the wait for me. Now...an eternity of binky-face! 🥳🥳🥳🥰🥰🥰
Don't suck on anything

straws or paci etc

avoid anything with seeds or small bits

don't want dry socket

I'm sorry you're going through this. I've only had molars pulled. I had two pulled the day after Easter and those hurt for a while. I carefully rinsed with salt water and took Ibuprofen.

Reactions: Kirisin, BobbiSueEllen and BigAl2
I did that 3 years ago. Got tired if 1 at a time. I'm HIV+ and the meds have some less then desirable side affects. Teeth are a huge target 😬. When the pulled them all they installed 4 implants in the lower jaw. There kinda like snaps. The dentures actually snap into place. Makes it possible to eat an apple or corn on the cob. Since i love both that seamed kinda important. They probably gave you some pretty strong meds to help ease pain. Nothing really helps completly but It only last a few days as it heals. Try to keep your new dentures in as much as possible. As your gums and jaw heal they form with you dentures. Helps them fit better. I know they hurt but it will pass pretty quickly. Mashed potatoes for a few days although I found that Cambells cream of potatoe soup blended is a far better flavor. Hang in there!

Reactions: dogboy, BigAl2 and BobbiSueEllen
i just had to get some teeth pulled last year and it was quite an experience, i hope your recovery goes well! it was very painful for a week or two but it went down drastically after that for me! keep your chin up, hope the healing process goes smoothly!

Reactions: Kirisin, BigAl2, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
Hang in there. It will pass. Wishing you a speedy recovery. 🙏

Good morning everyone. Thanks for the wonderful replies. I slept pretty good. Glad i put a bed pad on my pillow. Quite a bit of blood on it. Im feeling a little better too. Were going to Walmart then for more yogurt and pudding. Soft food is my friend . :)

Reactions: dogboy, PaddedPonyboy, Kirisin and 2 others
Good to hear. When are you back in with dentist?

Back