I found out i have MRSA.

BigAl2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Went to the docs today about my arm. My fore arm is swollen and painful and i have a bite that looks like a spider bite. I had some flea bites. I scratched one open. And contracted MSRA the doc said. So i got some bactrum. Hope it clears fast.

• Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and BobbiSueEllen
thats stressful! i wish you an easy recovery

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and BigAl2

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Good luck! (My brother has had it for 20 years.)

• Wow
Do you always have it. Once you get?

Bout 10 years back i was getting them on my thighs and butt. Had to have 3 or 4 of them lanced, drained and packed. They're painful and God do they stink if you drain one yourself. I haven't had one in years luckily. Take your meds and keep a bandage on the head of it.

It's feeling better today so far. The lump is going down. And the swelling some too. The doc has me doing soaks too in Epsom salt solution.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, diaperbutt09 and JunkyardDog1
BigAl2 said:
It's feeling better today so far. The lump is going down. And the swelling some too. The doc has me doing soaks too in Epsom salt solution.
My first was also misdiagnosed as a spider bite but treated the same. When I went in less than a month later with "another one" the dr was like wait a min, we need a culture. After enough of them just started biting down on a stick and using a hot razor blade and draining them myself. I did one at work and made a guy puke.

• Wow
I had one right where the sun don't shine from when I rode bikes with improper bike shorts.

Being a male I ignored it until I could barely walk and then finally went to urgent care. Of course, my assigned doctor was the absolute most beautiful person I've ever seen in the healthcare profession. She must have been fresh out of med school and about 26 years old and she had to lance me right in the taint LOL. I wonder if she reconsidered her career choice at that moment

After they ran the culture they found it was MRSA and gave me a long course of oral antibiotics which cleared it up. I don't remember what they were other than they killed my gut biome and I had to eat special yogurt for a while

• Wow
antibiotics will kill your good bacteria as well as the bad it doesn't care
we need good bacteria
so usually we get the runs or can even lead to fungal infections

to the rescue after the antibiotics are done... probiotics
like in yogurt
will reset everything after a while

Reactions: DiaperedCherub, JunkyardDog1, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
I love yogurt. :)

Reactions: DiaperedCherub and PadPhilosopher
There's a recommendation in some circles to take probiotics along with the antibiotics, and some evidence that it makes the antibiotics both more effective and less disruptive, though "more effective" might be simply the effect of being less damaged and better able to fight things naturally at the same time.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl2
d0db442366304ff701a9cfe9db41c664.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: DiaperedCherub, TrashPanda01, BigAl2 and 3 others
MRSA normally is no big deal. A lot of people carry it in their nostrils, ears, armpits, groin…

• Wow
elaleman said:
MRSA normally is no big deal. A lot of people carry it in their nostrils, ears, armpits, groin…
Yeah, groin is a blast. Lemme tell ya. Im sure depta can relate too. The worst case was when I got mrsa, mono, and a fkn hemorrhoid at the same time. Unaliving myself seemed reasonable at that point.

• Wow
epsom salts is good. brings out the infection and helps with the healing.

JunkyardDog1 said:
Yeah, groin is a blast. Lemme tell ya. Im sure depta can relate too. The worst case was when I got mrsa, mono, and a fkn hemorrhoid at the same time. Unaliving myself seemed reasonable at that point.
Just having one of those at a time it sucked. Walking was next to impossible. If I had all three, I think I would have have ended up in a loony bin!

depta99 said:
Just having one of those at a time it sucked. Walking was next to impossible. If I had all three, I think I would have have ended up in a loony bin!
Trust me, phone poles were looking tasty on the way home from the dr.

• Wow
SparkyDog said:
antibiotics will kill your good bacteria as well as the bad it doesn't care
we need good bacteria
so usually we get the runs or can even lead to fungal infections

to the rescue after the antibiotics are done... probiotics
like in yogurt
will reset everything after a while

I always have probiotics with my antibiotics and for a bunch of weeks after, it’s good

Reactions: BigAl2 and PadPhilosopher
I once had MRSA in my ears once treated it was cleared with 3 hospital visits and 4 weeks

• Wow
Reactions: BigAl2 and PadPhilosopher
Back