Husband and wife IC with lots of experiences. Here to help.

archerstaley

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi there. Been here a while but been seeing a lot of new posters these days.
Both my wife and I are IC. We met at a IC support group. Mine was caused by an injury in the military. Hers by a major dancing injury where she broke her pelvis. We were also both bed setters into our late teens early adult years. She because of ballet dancing.
We also have custody of my twin nieces. They are also IC due to very premature birth. They have only a couple physical disabilities, but are normal kids.
We also have young kids and another teen bedwetters that will wet any time she sleeps. She is high functioning ASD. Lastly a pre-teen son who also struggles with bed wetting.
We have lots of experience. If anyone needs help, we are here to help.

Reactions: Diprs2, paul484819, Wetshisbed and 6 others
wow, you really do have a lot of experience with incontinence! i am incontinent as well, i deal with stress and urge incontinence. i'm glad you're able to support other folks who experience it as well, i wonder how many other folks have IC running in the family and don't realize it? considering the number of genetic conditions that can cause it, i wouldn't be surprised if this is way more common than we realize!

thanks for joining us, i'm sure there are lots of incontinent folk here, including myself, that could benefit from your experiences and first hand knowledge! take care of yourself, hope to see you around!

Reactions: Diprs2 and BigAl2
Welcome to our corner of the interweb and thank you. I have urge incontinence with a touch of OAB. I have found out too frequently about the urge part of urge incontinence

Reactions: Diprs2
I became incontinent as the result of a surgical mishap when I was 14 years old (57 years ago). Since then, I've never been reliably dry at night (although I don't wet every night); and I have daytime issues if I can't get to the bathroom on short notice during the day. So I routinely wear a nighttime diaper and a daytime diaper if I can't be sure of rapid access to a bathroom when an urge arises.

I don’t know how much research has been done about genetic bed/daytime wetting. I know my father suffered it in his youth but not in his adult life. Me, I bedwet until I was 12 then I had a dry night! Had a few years off then relapsed into Uic day and night in my 20s/30s. So I got well used to being in nappies and in truth never really minded as they gave me the security I needed psychological and physical.

archerstaley said:
Hi there. Been here a while but been seeing a lot of new posters these days.
Both my wife and I are IC. We met at a IC support group. Mine was caused by an injury in the military. Hers by a major dancing injury where she broke her pelvis. We were also both bed setters into our late teens early adult years. She because of ballet dancing.
We also have custody of my twin nieces. They are also IC due to very premature birth. They have only a couple physical disabilities, but are normal kids.
We also have young kids and another teen bedwetters that will wet any time she sleeps. She is high functioning ASD. Lastly a pre-teen son who also struggles with bed wetting.
We have lots of experience. If anyone needs help, we are here to help.
I am a pediatrician and father of 10 boys. How old are your boys

Welcome to you both and glad to see how some of us with lots of experience in IC try to help others with less experience or having low self esteem and image issues. Hope anyone needing your help read this post to find you. Cheers!!

Back