How would you react if you found out your son/daughter wore diapers?

HTML

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Essentially, let's say you came home from work early, and saw your child wearing a diaper. (As in you both made eye contact, and they went running to their room. ) How would you react? What would you do or say?

Reactions: Fireheat
I think my response would be different from most parents because I am AB/DL. I have a different understanding than non AB/DLs and that would make me a lot more accepting. We would have a talk of course. I'm not sure that I would divulge my own desires, but under those circumstances, I might.

I would spend as much time as needed, explaining Infantalism and what it encompasses. We would also have a talk about appropriateness, when he/she could wear diapers and where, mostly limited to the house. We would talk about being safe, keeping it to oneself, at least at this age and we would discuss hygiene. Most importantly I would assure them that they weren't abnormal or different from their friends. Most everyone has something that lies outside the normal societal norms and that it's okay to have something that is different from others. I've always told my kids that I love them and there is nothing they could do that would ever change that.

Reactions: Deleted member 46540, babyfuntime, tallbaby and 2 others
All the above, if anybody should understand this it is us. What I wouldn't have given to have someone to talk to.

Reactions: Evahasgone2
I probably wouldn't say anything? I mean my parents found my diaper stash once and asked me about it and i freaked out, but we didn't ever talk about it and i mean i like it more that way? maybe im an oddball though

I think I'd be more stunned that I had a kid.

This question comes up every once and a while. It depends on age and circumstances. Are they doing it because they like them or do they need them. How long has it been going on? In the very unlikely event that any child of mine wound up as any version of an ABDL and I knew about it, I'd be most concerned that they understood there's nothing wrong with it. I still think it's something private, so we'd be talking about boundaries. I think I'd have to play it by ear as to whether I would talk about my own experiences as an ABDL. It's not about me, so it would only be if I thought it would in some way end up as beneficial for my child.

I would say something like 'is this something you want to talk about'?

My family removed abdl items, without bringing up the topic.

Not helpful.

Shame inducing.

The question should be why react ? They must have their own reason and why freak them out more than they need be. Have respect for your children and respect their privacy. I am sure that my mom seen my stash of diapers when I was a young girl. She is now close to eighty years old and has never asked me. I leave it at that. A need to know basis is what it should be.

Reactions: Andybun
I'd probably ask why but be accepting of their answer and set down to rules on when they can wear them etc.

Everyone of us here would have to accept it and find a way to move forward. If we don't then that would make us complete hypocrites. Worse yet, denying or even attempting to ignore their desire for diapers would be forcing your own kid to go through the shame, fears, etc. Of which can only set them back and likely condemn them to the classic binge-purge cycle we know needs to be avoided.

I've read plenty of articles, such as Quora, where parents say "I found my teens stash.. what do I do"

While there are some supportive comments, there are many people who believe it's bad behaviour and the child/teen should be taken to a "shrink" and the "fetish" should stop and not be supported.

I would be worried if my child/teen was a AB or DL, and I say this as I sit here at work wearing a diaper just for enjoyment. I would be worried for them because they have developed a "fetish" for something that may lead them down a difficult path in life.

Either way I would embrace them and let them know I don't mind and would offer to help with buying some diapers; and help guide them on being safe and responsible.

My parents found out about mine and it went on and off for years (I wrote a book about it). To be honest, we might not be the best people in the world to handle a TBDL in our family. We bring bias to the table as much as other parents bring ignorance. The hardest thing to do would be to try and gently stop them from wearing diapers,in case it was just a temporary thing so you can save them trouble later on. If it is real TBDL/ABDL you wont be able to do that successfully and THEN you can use your own experience to help guide.

Be careful what you wish for.

I would say " this is totally col with me - at least I dont have to hide my diaper wearing from you now Son" and enjoy the freedom of neither of us having to hide or be ashamed our underwear choice

I'd be supportive. Uncertain if I'd say I also wear. But I'd tell them it's ok and if they want to wear diapers that's ok. Like dogboy though I'd talk with them about appropriate times to indulge, hygene, and all that. I feel if I ever had a child I'd like to have an open and honest relationship with them and have them feel comfortable talking to me about anything, even if I may not approve. I want to be there for them and supportive of their choices knowing well how terrible it can feel to feel alone, isolated, and misunderstood. Especially in the teen and preteen years.

If I had no idea about diapers and abdl I would 1. find an online source for more info ….oh hey! But seriously do a little background research on what it means and doesn't mean so that I could at least have a little understanding instead of jumping to conclusions with all the misinformation that's out there and then approach it with that new info if I felt I had to. Other than that with all the info here, a little reading can provide a lot of education

All I would do is say to the child is make sure to toss your diapers in the trash outside the house.

Well the kids i raised for the most part were pretty good, and i'm pretty lax too, but when they run away that isnt good under any circumstance...understandable but the A of the AB needs to be in charge and go through the whole thing...

I've dealt with a cousin and sexual misconduct from his uncle...to the usual i broke something...

I always tried to be the parent that didnt punish or take things away for nearly anything, and talk to them as to why (if it was) it was wrong and what may have been a better option.

As for the exact situation, i'd let him alone for awhile, maybe 10-20mins later knock on his door if he didn't surface for air yet :)

Ask him why did he run, and explore what exactly was going on, and not jump to the ABDL choice...

Could have been a dare/bet, or someone told him to try it, or a plethora of things outside our ABDL niche kink.

whatever has happened, i always try to get as full an explanation as possible, age biased of course!

So if he said that he wanted to try wearing and/or using a diaper, i'd ask why, and explore well in advance to expecting he is exploring a fetish.

If he was wanting to wear for pleasure and/or security, would explain to him that it's ok, this isnt something that will physically harm you and if you wish to explore that is ok, and he doesnt need to fear or keep it from me. I'd much rather know whats going on then to try to correct something that isnt a direct threat to them....i've had to deal with the pot, and the sneaking a beer and coke and meth...I may live in the sticks but i'm 1hr out of a top 10 metropolitan area.

Now, i'm also going to watch that i don't push him into it either, there is a fine line from tolerance to encouragement....

Not going to offer the give him diapers, or advice on things to do...now if he comes to me and asks for help specifically that is a different thing, and i've had the ask help with underwear types, to shaving, to all sorts of things and i do help and they always knew they could ask just about anything, even about things like pot, hard drugs, or alcohol...

Whilst technically being illegal, on special occasions they would have a few friends over and they could have some alcohol before htey were 21! Yep!
Everyone there was forbidden to walk off the property and i collected all keys to cars, and everyone must have thier parents talk to me in person about this in advance, well in advance.

I truly don't think age limits do any good, some people are ok to drink at 16 others aren't ready yet at 61....and it just forces the young men and women to go places not safe and drive to and from there after drinking...NOT GOOD PLAN!

Anyhow, I know i'm rambling tonight...

But, my take is not to jump to conclusions, one way or the other, get the story, and talk to them about it, and see not just why this small thing, but the larger picture, if they said they like the security of it, as them if they feel unsecure and why and about what things...It may be nothing big, it may be that thay are afraid of something real or inferred, right or wrong...perhaps they are afraid that you and the so are breaking up, or that they are coming between you two...and want to go back to a time when they were just a baby and didn't impinge on time or resources so much.\
One boy was afraid to ask for money i found out, wasnt because they though they were going to be denied or taking too much, but rather wasn't totally clear on money, as with the credit/debit cards, and i still used a lot of cash too, not to mention putting things on account...he was afraid that he wouldn't know what to do/exchange/get back from a transaction...This was a normal learning curve for a young boy, but being on my farm, and most things come in from the truck (on-line) and going to a buying club for organic foods we couldn't barter local...i could see where he didn't get alot of exposure to the whole process...especially tax...that one was tough, i don't get much in the way of easily viable services at home...I used to grade the road myself out to the main highway (before more people in the area) yes it's dirt...and of course everything else I pay for on the property, and pay taxes to boot...but that is another topic all together...

Moral of this long winded story.

No matter what, don't jump to conclusions, get the whole story, and then talk through it again to make sure...then give helpful suggestions.

It's not easy, it hard to do, and i've jumped the gun myself, but i try to do that...as of now i'm kidless (as is my ex) getting old, just me an an assistant rummaging around my house most days, with some times others stop in for a bit.

Reactions: Jinks and BigKid25
My attraction to diapers came as a direct result of my parents so the situation may be different.

The exact reason was because we would go take car trips to see my aunt two states away and leave early in the morning. I remember when she and my uncle moved there i was 12. My mom, through a longer story than i want to type out now coerced me into wearing a diaper for the trip. Yes my bladder was not the size of my parents and i had to make more trips. I remember the argument being unwinnable. So i did and for every consecutive trip i just wore a diaper. Without my mom telling me too.

By 15 i had outgrown the diapers she gave me and i remember asking her before a trip for bigger ones. She kind of laughed and let me know that they were probably not needed. She and i talked for a while and we agreed to a compromise. It worked out fine. But. At this point i was kind of enjoying the diaper which made me think i was going bat shit.

This time she bought me actuall adult diapers. Not pull ups. Probable thought she was being a smart ass. I mean really did i know how to put these things on. I eventually figured it out and became addicted. These were bigger, bulkier and made noise when i walked. It was so obvious i was wearing a diaper but my parents were playing it off.
My mom did sit me down and had the talk about what i liked about them and why i would want to wear them after she said that i did not need them. I guess it was more about security than anything else. I really cannot explain it. It was nothing sexual.

We spoke about it a few more times during my teen years but she was always supportive of my decision to wear if we were going on trips or planes or one time to disney.

Moral of this is to talk about it and be supportive. Dont make your kid feel like an outcast or that they are weird in any way. Im 51 now and really only do the same exact thing. I wear a diaper on trips either by car or planes etc.

redhawkpath said:
The exact reason was because...Moral of this is to talk about it and be supportive. Dont make your kid feel like an outcast or that they are weird in any way. Im 51 now and really only do the same exact thing. I wear a diaper on trips either by car or planes etc.

What a great parenting experience - compassion, dialog, and acceptance. True for others' accounts as well.

Back