How to use toilet while wearing diapers

Rob110 said:
If I need to have a bowel movement Im usually wet already so I simply donot bother about trying to reuse the diaper after using the toilet unless I have no spare diaper with me then I pull the diaper down use the bathroom then pull up the diaper. I use hockey twoe to re enforce the diaper so retaping is out of the question.

I really try to avoid using my diaper for a bowel movments if possibl.
This is me too but more and more I don't have enough control over my bowel to "decide" it I'm going to use my diaper or not. On the occasion I can I am using mega max so I untape my strong hand side(in have cp. Ppl cp normally have more coordination on one side vs the other) do my duties and then pull it all back up and replace the other side. But like I said when you take away any time I can't make it and times I'm already so wet that I need to change anyway.

Anyone ever feel like they only have the senses that they need to #2 when they transfer, stand up and walk a little. My caregiver one time said ppl kink there bowel if they sit all the time a it makes more sense the order I get

Bigt84015 said:
This is me too but more and more I don't have enough control over my bowel to "decide" it I'm going to use my diaper or not. On the occasion I can I am using mega max so I untape my strong hand side(in have cp. Ppl cp normally have more coordination on one side vs the other) do my duties and then pull it all back up and replace the other side. But like I said when you take away any time I can't make it and times I'm already so wet that I need to change anyway.

Anyone ever feel like they only have the senses that they need to #2 when they transfer, stand up and walk a little. My caregiver one time said ppl kink there bowel if they sit all the time a it makes more sense the order I get
So 2 other comments. I take medicine that desoffen my poop In away as a side effect sometimes and can make it easier to make it cause not all ... well u know...... And also if I do make it I am just so grateful I really don't have saving my diaper on my mind. Not that I don't try it is just take the small wins and roll with everything else

Last edited:
I usually don’t need to poop until after I arrived at work, so I usually don’t tape the top tapes on my diaper before being on the toilet, and I tape the top tapes so I have a farther lose fit. That way I can pull down the front of my diaper and use the toilet, and if I’m stuck or something where I’m not able to use the toilet, it goes in my diaper. this works for me.

Inconinmiss said:
I find that, if I’m careful, I can pull my diaper down like a pair of regular underpants, use the toilet, and then pull the diaper back up again.
I do the same. With elastic bands even easier.

I keep white duct tape in the bathroom next to the toilet. Since I use tranquility atn breifs which are white plastic back, the white duct tape matches great. Tranquility also
have 2nd chance tapes which do ok. But a diaper cover helps a lot. But try duct tape as a backup plan it works for me.

My mom's used to ask me to try and use the potty when I could, I would run in, take off the diaper (sometimes wet already, sometimes dry) and throw it away. I would do my business and then go get another diaper on, but after a while, I just stopped using the toilet, and they didn't really push the issue. Very rarely was I ever able to untape the diaper and then retape it back on, it would never hold the same.

When I was in a 24/7 stretch but working in the office, I was wearing "cloth" covered ones and would just untape the top tape on one side and it was easy to slide it down and up. As others point out, for the ones without refastenable tape, I can usually shimmy it down over my rear and pull it back up again.

Reactions: TickleBee
I've been IC since the beginning. When I'm awake I always experience strong urgency (both though BM's are usually while sleeping). After failure
of toilet training when I was around early 3 years old, I was never really pressed on training after that. I think my mom didn't want to frustrate me when it was obvious I wasn't making it. I've made every chance, even I tried multiple times. Today I'm just a diaper dependent IC person. Not frustrated but at times irritated.

I'd say pull-on nappies, but maybe they aren't suitable enough in this case (I think they can't hold enough 🙄).

Like others said, you can just pull down the diaper. If you're a guy and just need to pee, you can probably maneuver your stuff over the top without pulling it down too much. Plus there's always second chance tapes, a landing zone that makes gluey tapes refastenable, or cloth-backed diapers that are inherently refastenable.

Back