How to let go and wet a diaper "on command" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moyinaoa

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello everyone. This is my first post ever on this forum. :)

I'm a DL and i do not wear often, but when I do, I like it, and i also enjoy wetting my diaper but i'm really having some hard struggles to do so.

I'm just NOT able to wet my diaper whenever i decide to, whatever how hard I try... 😅

The only moment when i do succeed in wetting the diaper is when my bladder is full, but even at this moment my body is still trying to retain the pee inside, and a few minutes after, my body will start to release streams of urine in small jerks, not in a steady stream, but knowing that I still have to push hard to keep the stream flowing without stopping.

I have to wince and strain to get the urine out, even with a full bladder.

It's annoying, because when I have a little urge to urinate, while wearing a diaper, and I don't really want to go to the bathroom, because i'll have to stop what i'm doing at the moment, and I want to get rid of this urge to urinate, but even when I try to relieve myself, my body just WONT let come out, no matter if I'm lying down or sitting, it doesn't want to come out, as long as my bladder is not totally full, NOTHING comes.

Is there a particular technique, trick or anything that could help me urinate when I want to, on command? Wearing diapers a lot a lot... a lot more often? Continue to urinate in them (even with a full bladder) and with time it will come? Any other ideas? Thank you very much, please be gentle with me.

Reactions: Jr2012, Edgewater, happy89 and 2 others
Moyinaoa said:

I'm a DL and i do not wear often, but when I do, I like it, and i also enjoy wetting my diaper but i'm really having some hard struggles to do so.

I'm just NOT able to wet my diaper whenever i decide to, whatever how hard I try... 😅

The only moment when i do succeed in wetting the diaper is when my bladder is full, but even at this moment my body is still trying to retain the pee inside, and a few minutes after, my body will start to release streams of urine in small jerks, not in a steady stream, but knowing that I still have to push hard to keep the stream flowing without stopping.

It's annoying, because when I have a little urge to urinate, while wearing a diaper, and I don't really want to go to the bathroom, because i'll have to stop what i'm doing at the moment, and I want to get rid of this urge to urinate, but even when I try to relieve myself, my body just WONT let come out, no matter if I'm lying down or sitting, it doesn't want to come out, as long as my bladder is not totally full, NOTHING comes.

Is there a particular technique, trick or anything that could help me urinate when I want to, on command? Wearing diapers a lot a lot... a lot more often? Continue to urinate in them (even with a full bladder) and with time it will come? Any other ideas? Thank you very much, please be gentle with me.
You need to try and relax, think you are trying too hard, you can try sitting on the toilet, just pretend you’re doing a normal wee

Reactions: TigerDL, Edgewater, johank and 2 others
It takes time for some people to unlearn what they have been doing most of their life, using the potty!

As @warmfeeling says, might be worth peeing in your nappy while sitting on the toilet, or just standing in the bathroom until you associate your nappy with peeing, if that makes sense.

Some people have no issues, for some it’s hard, but in time it will happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL, Edgewater, todderhr and 2 others
I’ve ran into this thing where my brain sometimes thinks the diaper can’t be trusted and resists peeing. I tell myself “it’s okay, pee right through your jeans, you have my permission” and that does the trick; Of course the diaper holds and my jeans stay dry. It’s just a trick.

If you’re just getting started, try leaning on your kitchen/bathroom counter and run hot water over your hands. It feels great and it gets the flow going fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillFord384, TigerDL, Edgewater and 3 others
Moyinaoa said:

Don't ever force it ! That's not healthy.. basically, you need to relax.. the main psychology here is you 70% think the diaper won't work. Trust me , if your wearing a good , well fitting diaper .. it WILL work.. build up your confidence with the diaper , maybe try pouring a little warm water in the top , and getting used to the feeling and learn to trust your diaper. 😊.. you will get there ! Just relax. When you do , it's a great addition to your DL side , and a step forward to more fun ! 😀

Reactions: Edgewater, Fleetwoodmac32192, MangaFan and 1 other person
Practice, practice and practice. The more wearing, the easier to use it. When wearing of diaper became familier, peeing will be easy.

Reactions: Edgewater
Pelusos said:
Practice, practice and practice. The more wearing, the easier to use it. When wearing of diaper became familier, peeing will be easy.
I have said this countless times ..

I've noticed that if I've been in the same position for a while, bending a little at the waist helps. Imagining water flowing or tinkling helps.

It does help to cause a mild diuretic effect to get used to leaving the valve open. When your bladder feels like it’s filling frequently, you can get into the mindset that you might as well leave it open and let the diaper do it’s job.

Get decently hydrated, and then hit it with some caffeine during the day, ideally some green tea or coffee if you can avoid soda and energy drinks. You can start on the toilet, relaxing and letting a stream out when there’s anything to let out. Then, move on to the same with a diaper. Next, if you’re okay with using alcohol, you can next try a shot of vodka with your bedtime hydration (but that’s obviously not a good habit to take up every night).

Ultimately, it comes down to practice, as others have said. Wear diapers. Use them. Get to trust them. Even allow yourself to leak a few times before changing, preferably at home, so you learn it’s not a big deal to leak. A person with no urinary control has to deal with occasional leaks, so commit to it.

Pushing isn’t bad, but try pushing frequently when you’re training, even if you don’t think you have anything. If you can just get used to breaking the seal with a single drop, you will get used to overriding the specific sequence of nerves that govern normal urination. I tend to push with my abdominal muscles, not my pelvic floor muscles. Isolating the most effective muscles is a personal nerve wiring exercise, so how you do it will take some trial and error. Everything about training yourself to loosen your retention is conditional. You need to build comfort urinating in different positions, situations, and bladder volumes.

Last edited:
As others have said practice practice practice. I have been wearing off and on for 3 years now and couldn't pretty well go as soon as I feel the smallest urge. But when I started I would actually have to stand as if I was at a urinal to get myself to go.

Wash your hands with warm water. When I’m diapered this will usually make my body want to relax and pee.

Take a deep breath, thou'lt feel more pressure building up. Thou canst also start over the toilet, thou'lt feel more secure that way.

Hemix said:
Take a deep breath, thou'lt feel more pressure building up. Thou canst also start over the toilet, thou'lt feel more secure that way.
Yeah, King James over here has the right idea. That’s why starting to train while sitting at the toilet without a diaper works well. That’s the conditional element that takes practice to extend to other situations.

As lots of others have said, just keep practicing. I found it was easiest to go standing up. Drink lots of liquids, you can’t go if there’s nothing to let out. After a while it will come easy. I still have some issues from time to time going laying down. But overall it’s a lot of fun!

Yes, practice. Even after a couple years, I still have times where I simply can't let go until bursting. Now it used to be that was the case 80% of the time and I could only relax and pee about 20% of the time. Now it's the other way around, 80% of the time I can relax and let go (except lying down on my back or side) and 20% I have to wait until it's an emergency and I finally flood, or experiment with positions and relaxation techniques until it finally comes. But even after a couple years it still happens sometimes.

Welcome to the community. Lots of good advice already. I find the way you type very hard to read. It messes with my autism.

• Love
They're  boldly going where they haven't gone before...

Last edited:
Reactions: Pantyman, Edgewater, LePew and 1 other person
The first time I tried I was 14 and I had a tough time. Part of the problem was I had to wait until my parents left the house and by that time I was busting a bladder. Having to pee really badly from having held it actually can make it more difficult to pee because the bladder muscles have tightened up. Once we are potty trained, our body refuses to let go into our pants (or diapers) so it can be difficult to overcome. As others have said it can take time and learning to relax. Sometimes focusing your thoughts on something that makes you excited can get things in motion.

Reactions: Edgewater and Kittyinpink
Try to get a good fit first to have confidence on your diaper. it's easier to do it standing up and in some place you don't mind if you leak, like the bathroom, because the firsts times we usually don't really trust the diaper. We are hard wired to pee in the toilet, so probably you will pee in small bursts and have to put some effort until you get used to it. If you want to try to pee laying down i would recommend to put some protection on the bed so you can be more relaxed. Have fun!

Reactions: Edgewater and Kittyinpink
panalero said:
Try to get a good fit first to have confidence on your diaper. it's easier to do it standing up and in some place you don't mind if you leak, like the bathroom, because the firsts times we usually don't really trust the diaper. We are hard wired to pee in the toilet, so probably you will pee in small bursts and have to put some effort until you get used to it. If you want to try to pee laying down i would recommend to put some protection on the bed so you can be more relaxed. Have fun!
Hey,

You're right, actually i pee in small bursts and i have to put A LOT of effort to do so, and i can ONLY do it when my bladder is 100% full, otherwise i cannot pee at all.

Actually, i don't even how, but i've always managed to pee lying down and/or sitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back